Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huge respect for United. A true English institution with their trophy count but mostly their support. Forget all the touristy types (we have them too of course) their core support is unequalled i believe. Enormous home crowds throughout the years but for me it's their away support. They realised that modern football was killing the atmosphere so they did something about it. New songs, old songs, clever songs and constantly loud throughout their games. How anyone can compare them to city is beyond me as they are miles apart. I think we have a good support but we have been left behind by United in that regard.

A lot of people think they have mostly plastic fans and would be surprised to know they had or have one of the most notorious firms in England....I agree their away fans on their day are pretty good, but so are ours, I’d say easily right up there.
They’ve started to make a noise now at home but NWHL is going to trump every home ground including those newly promoted clubs with their drums, and generic rent a song.

WHL might have tailed off a bit when all the entitlement crept in but was second to none for me at times...under Jol easily the best home crowd in the PL.
Hope we make a noise Sunday....90k isnt it?

They like us because for years we rolled over and had our bellys tickled by them. Don’t be fooled. They better we get as years pass they'll find more reasons not to like us. It’s easy to like a team in a patronising way that’s no threat to you. They’re as entitled as Liverpool fans in my experience, they speaks in terms like ‘we belong at the top’ stuff like from any fan does my nut. You belong where you are.

I’m sure if the two of us were slugging it out season after season, like they did with Woolwich a decade ago, things might change. But as far as I’m aware, there’s been a healthy respect between the fans for decades.

I’m sure if the two of us were slugging it out season after season, like they did with Woolwich a decade ago, things might change. But as far as I’m aware, there’s been a healthy respect between the fans for decades.

Maybe. Maybe I’m just a bitter cunt

A lot of people think they have mostly plastic fans and would be surprised to know they had or have one of the most notorious firms in England....I agree their always fans on their day are pretty good, but so are ours, I’d say easily right up there.
They’ve started to make a noise now at home but NWHL is going to trump every home ground including those newly promoted clubs with their drums, and generic rent a song.

WHL might have tailed off a bit when all the entitlement crept in but was second to none for me at times...under Jol easily the best home crowd in the PL.
Hope we make a noise Sunday....90k isnt it?
90 yes Sammy. Looked on the official seat plan and it looks like all lower tiers have gone and a few left in the upper sections but that site is misleading as it shows areas completely sold then a day later 10 million seats appear!.

Uniteds away support was loud last season, for all of 5 seconds!

They are a more genuine club than Citeh or Chavs and I've known some decent United fans over the years BUT the majority of them are self-entitled arrogant cunts who think all they have to do is click their fingers and every player and manager out there will come running to them.

They've not as bad as Red Scousers or Gooners but that's not exactly something to crow about.

They act as if they're as big of not bigger than Real Madrid but 12 to 3 says no!

So are we smaller than Chelsea?

They've won more league trophies than us.
They've won more domestic cups than us.
They've got 1 Champions League win to our 0.

Man Utd are fucking huge. Champions League wins don't equal size of club. Real Madrid and Man Utd run eachother close in terms of revenue and fanbase. Who cares?

We'll fuck them up on Sunday.

Normally feel confident going into every game but I have a bad feeling about this one. Our midfield was running on empty against the chavs and I think it’s going to be difficult to contain United as they seem to have a lot of momentum and players like Pogba playing at their best again.

Think we are favourites to win but that is the issue and will work against us, we aren’t playing Mourinhos United anymore.

Hope I am wrong and we smash them but I can see it being a draw or them snatching a win and it isn’t like me to think this sort of thing, like I said, I am normally confident going into any game.

Like most games it will come down to who rules the middle and Sissoko and Winks are not convincing by any means let alone running on empty.

But, Lindelöf and Jones have mistakes in them so if can get the ball to runners then i think we will create chances against their high line.

Not sure who is available. Perhaps too early for Dier and Vertonghan to start?

Utd play 433 ish, skewed to the left with Martial and Pogba.

Its one where the diamond may continue to work reasonably well. Maybe go left field with Rose at DM to help Sissoko out?! And don't give Pogba the chance to dictate.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Toby Davies
Rose
Sissoko Alli
Eriksen
Kane Moura / Son

So are we smaller than Chelsea?

They've won more league trophies than us.
They've won more domestic cups than us.
They've got 1 Champions League win to our 0.

Man Utd are fucking huge. Champions League wins don't equal size of club. Real Madrid and Man Utd run eachother close in terms of revenue and fanbase. Who cares?

We'll fuck them up on Sunday.

Of course CL wins comes into it and between them it's not even close!

Ronaldo went to Real FROM Man United, not the other way around.

Of course Real are bigger, stop sucking United dick!

Madrid and Barcelona are the biggest clubs in the world. United isn't big as them. Even in glory days, evey player would choose spanish giants than United. Simple as that. Money isn't the way we measure the size of club ffs.

Nervous.

We looked shattered against Chelsea even though we won. Fatigued but won. Might be a thing after all.

Whilst we were chucking ourselves around against Chelsea, they were in Dubai getting their relax on.

They are now in form and are not and have never been a crap team or squad. There’s very little between us.

Very nervous.

Madrid and Barcelona are the biggest clubs in the world. United isn't big as them. Even in glory days, evey player would choose spanish giants than United. Simple as that. Money isn't the way we measure the size of club ffs.
Rubbish. Until 2006 both United and Milan would have easily been considered bigger than Barca.

Right now, if we win this game, it would put the Wolves game to bed for me emotionally speaking.

If we lose it, we are in a scrap for top four and the league cup which is terrible for our fixture pile up and the last thing we need.

And, if we draw it, well, I'll be even more disappointed because we don't do draws and it is surely a 99/1 bet by now somewhere that I am missing value on...

Nah, if we draw, no title race. No top 4 scrap. Third place, same old same old, and probably no trophy.

We're 7 points clear of 5th and Chelsea / Woolwich / Utd are bound to continue to drop points (Ars Vs Che 19/01, City Vs Ars 03/02, City Vs Che 10/02, Utd Vs Liv 24/02).

I don't want us to lose at the weekend and i don't think we will, but if we do its not hose pipe in the exhaust time.

Last edited:
Poch on the latest stadium delays: "To move to our new stadium will be massive, massive for our fans. I cannot wait to move. I told Daniel [Levy], he always listens and arrives in my office and says 'do you know what will be good, to move there or not?'. I said 200% we have to move there as soon as."

On Christian Eriksen: "Maybe sign next week or in six months. He's a very special person. You need to give freedom, like on the pitch, can't put him in the box. Like my dog, when you go in the park, you have to give freedom and trust."

Thought that.

Make sure you're not out tonight yeah. I'm sure parents wouldn't want their kids ogled at by the likes of you.

That's a good lad.

Hmm. That's pretty low really and got nothing to do with this particular debate.

I was right about you, you really are a piece of shit.

I'll put you on ignore from now on, you're just trash.

:dembelefingers:

Back
Top Bottom