Wearing red to Spurs games/wearing anything red in general as Spurs fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The candles in church are in red or blue holders, I won't go anywhere near the red ones.
I have no red clothing, I even removed a pair of red uppers from a pair of trainers! The only red thing I wear on match days is my Spurs/poppy badge.
I have pointed out to a few people that they shouldn't wear red on match days, think it's my moral duty.
Unfortunately, the Maltese flag is half red and half white, think I'll start a petition to change it to navy and white :)

Curious to know where you guys stand on this. I have seen people coming to games in red coats, hats, trainers and even trousers. For me, I think it’s not on.

Having read ‘The Spurs Shirt’ and our earlier associations with red/red kit I’m kind of not as bothered about it. When I see people at matches wearing red I do find it odd though. Red as been a part of our recent kits (last 30 years) from Irving Scholar making the lions red on our badge, then under ENIC our various red sponsors.

FWIW all of the sports clubs I support are blue (except for one, the Lakers), so basically #NeverRed

My wife
<----
Didn't get the memo. She said it was "orange" I made her put it away.
:vertna::pochserious::dembelewtf: :deledoubt::roseunsure:

I actually prefer the red England shirt to the home one. Red’s fine with me as long as it’s nothing to do directly with spurs

Purely due to the fact we won the World Cup in red I’ve always preferred the red England shirt.

And my non league team play in red. Although I always ask for blue training tops whenever given the choice.

But general clothing I tend to buy/wear blue, dark grey, black or navy blue. Or light grey. Or blue.

Did get a burgundy shirt for an Xmas present though.
Wouldn’t wear it to a Spurs match.

Curious to know where you guys stand on this. I have seen people coming to games in red coats, hats, trainers and even trousers. For me, I think it’s not on.

I am 61 years old, and my favourite colour is pink, shortly followed by red. Wearing the colour you like is about being an adult.

I live in the states, and don't wear anything red. It is also the color of our most hated rival in university American football. Two reasons for me.

Personally i fucking detest it. I won't even have anything red in the house unless it is absolutely unavoidable. I even paid an extra £10 to get a Blue Henry vacuum rather than the usual red one.
I certainly wouldn't talk to someone wearing a red coat etc a Spurs home game.

They should be stopped at the gates for being tourists and/or uneducated in all things THFC.

You shouldn't own anything red let alone wear something red to a match.

My Mrs bought a red dress once told her it made her look fat. She's not worn one since .:pochsmirk:

Spurs kit 1890-1895
tottenham_hotspur_1890-1896.gif

1895-1898
tottenham_hotspur_1896-1898.gif

spurs-1897-400.jpg

crest-1883.gif

But then I again I am a red head

Obligatory joke: No hair just a red head

I am 61 years old, and my favourite colour is pink, shortly followed by red. Wearing the colour you like is about being an adult.
I bet turning up on matchdays wearing pink and red must be a cracking experience.

Going to a game with my eldest son who was wearing a Burgundy Harrington, i said to him ' you sure ', he looked down and said ' Sorry dad i don't know what i was thinking ' bless him.

Not spoken to him since.

Back
Top Bottom