New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

image.php

South east crane now mostly down, just the 'tower' on which it sat to come down now.

Then onto the south west crane I'd imagine.

2-3 weeks before we get the test event info.
Joking aside, my gut instinct is that we won't be in until the 2019-2020 season.
If we get info the week of January 21st about test dates in mid/late February, March is still entirely feasible. I don't think there was much more than a few weeks notice of test events previously.

I think the club wants matches played in the stadium this season hell or high water, even if its only for 5 league games. There is so much they can learn and improve upon over that time that it would be wasteful to postpone to August if it was possible to play matches in March.

The Council have refused to sanction test events until all the safety certificates have been received by them. This is highly irregular as normally the requirement would be to have all the certificates in place before the test event, that would allow the two weeks notice period for the event to overlap with the certificate submission. The club was very much hoping that test events would be confirmed yesterday, instead they now have to wait to apply for these events (10 working days notice required) until after all the safety certificates have been issued and accepted by the council. On the plus side MACE were prepared to support the test event dates as they are confident all tests have now been passed, or will be passed, within the next ten working days.

Small steps .....

What should surely be an option considered by the club now is perhaps to play our final home game of the season there, whet the appetite for next season, and fully adjust to it during pre season this summer.
Playing 4 or 5 home games there is incredibly risky IMO, especially if we're in any way shape or form in with a shout for the title.

On a side note I must say I find it quite unbelievable how lax the FA and Uefa have about the whole thing. I thought they would be after royally fucking us over at this point. Pleasantly surprised.
What incentive does the FA/UEFA have for being dicks about it? They want clubs to develop and redevelop new grounds. If they hardline against Tottenham for stadium delays that were completely out of their hands, that sends a bad message to everyone else in Europe. It's in their best interest to work with clubs.

I mean I get it, not doing shit to City/PSG/etc.. and then hammering Spurs would seem like the thing, but really there's no point.

I know I can be a miserable cunt sometimes but this is a cracking reply

• Spurs1882 said:
    Original Post
    It's turning into a Berlin Brandenburg Airport like saga where a project is so messed up it can never be made right. It just goes on and on and on.

Is this a very poor attempt at trolling (or humour?). Brandenburg is expected to open no earlier than 10 years after the initial opening date. NWHL is expected to open 6-9 months after the initial opening date.
    The sole issue, as described by the club, is being resolved and clearly significant progress has been made.
    Either way, congratulations, this thread has over 82,000 posts and you've just made the most ridiculous one

• norskire said:
    Original Post
    Spurs1882 said:
    Original Post
    It's turning into a Berlin Brandenburg Airport like saga where a project is so messed up it can never be made right. It just goes on and on and on.

Not unless you mean MACE went out of business a year into the project, even while they sued and were countersued by the main architect over which actual plans had been submitted for approval, that the planning authority in three separate approval processes approved a smoke extraction system that blows smoke into the entire structure rather than out of it, and that even when remedial work is fully identified it involves dismantling almost the entire structure down to ground level so no builder in their right mind wants to take it on.
    Other than that your trolldom almost makes sense ....

Think how I feel.....told you all this in September 2017

Said back then I won’t be attending any “home games” as I have to fly home and take time off work etc
Just not doing it at that gaff. Hate the place.

Its pretty cool as a place for events that are rare like CL Final, FA Cup final, even some home games at CL were cool but were playing way too much there. Of course it should be like that but fuck it.

Im tired

What was the bet again mate?
John Thomas:
The economic slump has hit my business hard during the intervening years, John. Call it £20 and you're on.
July 2019. In other words, I say we move in for the start of next season. You say we move in this season.
Whatever happens, it turns out I weren't far off the mark after all.
My charity's the Dogs Trust.

JohnH:
Fair enough, you're on - £20. My charity is Bowel Cancer UK.

Elliot Richardson - Chairman @Dugout, the only media company owned by 9 of the worlds biggest clubs. Partnering with 80+ teams globally to offer something truly unique for fans .

Can't they see how those two ideas work against each other?

In order to make a global club competition something worth watching, it needs to be the case that the leagues on the continents other than Europe are not just backwater colonies of the great UEFA empire.

Anyway last game at Wembley for me have not missed one since we moved there but no more..been a season ticket holder since 87/88 season so nobody can doubt my loyalty to the club and have been going since 75.
My first season ticket cost 115.00
My current one cost 995.00
I have not got to use it yet like thousands of others
Can I have your ticket for the final ?

Back
Top Bottom