New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2-3 weeks before we get the test event info.
Joking aside, my gut instinct is that we won't be in until the 2019-2020 season.

I'm still of the opinion that we'll move in as soon as is possible. Poch has said it and it makes sense from a financial point of view.

Added to that, I'm going to be away from July to October so I'll be absolutely gutted if I miss the opening game!!!

If we get in at the beginning of March that would give us six possible games at home but I'm not sure of all the pros and cons.

From a naming rights POV what difference does a part season make? From a financial POV is it cheaper to keep the new ground as a building site as long as possible which will speed other parts of the development up?

How will moving with six games to go affect the players? Will it be positive or upset their rhythm?

From my side I feel my family might only have their season tickets this year so i'm keen to get in ASAP so I get to see a few games, after this I feel I wont get much opportunity.

The Crystal Palace game is also FA Cup 6th round weekend so that would scupper that. After that the next home game is Brighton on the 6th April , which is FA Cup Semi Final weekend so that would scupper that one...

Yeah, but they’ll be squeezed into a midweek at some stage.

why don't they just come out and say it will not be ready til next season

That's clearly the case and all these updates and further delays just make us look silly

I just want to get in ASAP, even if it's only for the last game of the season.
I fully understand the frustration of playing at Wembley, I absolutely detest it, but it's just something I feel I have to put up with, because it's SO going to be worth it when we do move. Still keeping everything crossed that we're in for our March games (getting bloody uncomfortable keeping everything crossed!).

Last edited:
I just don’t get people who are like ‘might as well just stay at Wembley this season’

What?! Why?! Even if we only get one fucking game this season in the NWHL I still want it.

I'm pretty sure Levy knew way back in September that the stadium wasn't going to be ready until close to the end of the season. It's getting to the point where we may as well just stay at Wembley until the summer.

I really don't understand this mentality. Everyone fucking hates Wembley, yet given the opportunity to finally get in to our new home and people are saying we might as well not bother!
How on earth could you justify playing more games at Wembley when our stadium is sitting there ready?!

Back
Top Bottom