New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was told that the stadium would not be ready for the autumn but he went ahead any way. In April he was promising a August, September opening. The real truth will be revealed when the contract is settled. If the stadium is handed over yet levy pays up this means that despite being backed by one of the richest men in the UK he didn't fancy taking mace on. If he pursues mace then you have a case. I highly doubt he will.
It's been pretty widely reported (though still it's not public knowledge, so may be untrue) that LD's were not included in the contract as no contractor was willing to sign on with the potential LD risk that could be massive enough to bankrupt the company. More than likely the contract included incentives for completion by X date (most major infrastructure projects I've been involved with or have knowledge of have a similar scheme - its typical practice these days for projects as large as this). Therefore, it's entirely unlikely that Spurs would have any claim to make against MACE - they'll simply not pay the incentive payments for completion timelines not met. MACE may claim Spurs were responsible for some delays, and look to take action against the club to recoup lost contract money but, as with LD's, these claims are difficult to prove and/or win.

Either way, respectfully, you're talking out your arse claiming Levy lied about the stadium opening. You've yet to provide a single plausible motive for him doing so. The man has built up the club immensely in the past 2 decades and proven to be one of the most competent chairmen in modern football history. You don't author a career CV such as his by being the complete fool lacking in integrity that you're claiming him to be.

You're upset, and thats understandable. But don't take the fucking piss. Lying about the stadium is Brady level shite - Levy has proven himself many times over to be far superior to that pile of rubbish. You're sitting on an internet forum with no experience in the industry and no first hand knowledge of the project, reading red top shite articles, and claiming the chairman of the club lied about the stadium opening for...absolutely no other reason than to inconvenience you for 7 months or so.

Have a nap, you've lost the plot.

Anyway last game at Wembley for me have not missed one since we moved there but no more..been a season ticket holder since 87/88 season so nobody can doubt my loyalty to the club and have been going since 75.
My first season ticket cost 115.00
My current one cost 995.00
I have not got to use it yet like thousands of others

Anyway last game at Wembley for me have not missed one since we moved there but no more..been a season ticket holder since 87/88 season so nobody can doubt my loyalty to the club and have been going since 75.

Not going to do NLD?

Don't blame you. After going to games for 47 years i am really having to talk myself into attending this season, It's a £100 day out (ticket/train/car parking/beer/food) and 9 hours of my time each game. I never even used to think about it in the past but £100 & 9 hours to go to a hell-hole that i detest is a struggle & hard to justify.

We cannot get into NWHL soon enough. I should be loving this season & our 'against all odds' results but Wembley is killing the match day experience for me.

We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) – and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) – will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

In order to reduce the inconvenience to fans, the three Premier League matches will be refunded in one transaction and similarly all three games can be purchased together in one transaction. All three matches will be Category C pricing from the 2017/18 season. The 51,000 capacity cap will apply for these fixtures.

Daniel Levy, Chairman, said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”

2-3 weeks before we get the test event info.
Joking aside, my gut instinct is that we won't be in until the 2019-2020 season.
That's been my gut instinct since the first delays were announced back in September. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's become apparent that we should've just planned for 2 seasons at Wembley in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom