Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok. Sometimes the simplest words are easier to understand.
So, for one last and final time, I'll keep it simple so the rest of the forum don't have keep trawling through this bullshit back and forth.

I am delighted Poch signed a new contract.

I am delighted he wants to spend his career with us.

I was not delighted he got no backing in the summer after specifically saying he wanted to strengthen and get it done early.

I will not be delighted if he gets no backing again this January

And if he continues to not get the backing he deserves, I'm concerned he may not hang around to see out his contract, let alone the 20 years he talks about. And none of us on here want that.

There. Nothing vague, nothing open to interpretation. End of this ridiculous conversation.

Yeah I know, youve said all that. But you are leaving out the stuff you said in the summer about him being tricked into signing it and promises broken and showdown talks. Now you are delighted, almost a year later, congrats.

Because now there are quotes with him saying that Levy sat him down, and was clear about the aims (top 4 for the first season in the new ground etc) to which he fully agreed to, and signed, knowing that more money depended on the new ground.

You are claiming you were delighted with a fake contract basically, because according to you all what Poch said is a lie, he didnt know our goals, he was promised huge amounts of transfer money, lied to, tricked into signing and then shafted.

So yes, I fully undertstand your stance. Glad we can end this now.

I think Poch is very mischievous and whilst sometimes because English is not his first language, the message is confusing, I think on the whole he enjoys misleading the Press with conflicting and baffling comments. I want him to stay and am not going to get excited by any speculation or rumeurs as he calls them. If he wants to go he will take into account his wife, son who is at the club and his staff's views before deciding. I think Madrid or Argentina are the biggest risks.
Mourinho's family never followed him to Manchester and would Poch want to put up with the same? Would his wife want to stay in London for her Son? all questions nobody seems to think important.

250th game tonight!
DwaZcjZWkAAHOeL.png

Just watched some ESPN idiots debate Poch's VAR quotes out of context. Same as Keano on Sky Sports to be fair. No one really understood what he said.

For the record, he did not contradict himself at all. He said he wants technology, but that the officials need more help to be able to make the right decision using it every time, and it should be more clear-cut for referees, coaches, players, and everyone before implemented fully.

The fact that it isn't means there is a lot of work to do to use the technology properly to help the game and not hinder it as seen today and in La Liga and the World Cup. It has obviously disrupted the flow of games many times and the decisions are still subjective and inconclusive across the board.

Unlike goalline technology, where it never disrupts the game, and decisions are seamless, objective, undisputable, and everyone knows what is going on and respects its authority on and off the pitch.

It is a great point. Media hound him on it yet again as just being a dick. No. VAR doesn't help the game. Clear evidence today. Goalline technology does. Until VAR can be implemented in a more clear-cut seamlees way consistently it is actually making the game worse.

Reason being it's just added another thing to hold up the game and debate on every single time it is used or not used. Goalline technology does that 0% of the time.

Mauricio Pochettino: "I was there in the crowd in the Camp Nou in 1999. I remember when he (Solskjær) scored the second goal in injury time and how I shouted at the goal. [it] was unbelievable because I was neutral! It's that type of moment, you know."

This quote has got the poor little United fans all excited.

Back
Top Bottom