Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got to the point where i would rather Poch went back to his "i speak English berry well, i learnt it from a boook" days with the press conferences.

Not because i don't enjoy how savy he has become with the media, how relatively honest and refreshing he is. And not because i don't enjoy the clear pride he has with regard to how we operate as a football club and how this identity reflects on our performances on the pitch.

Its more because i'm fucking sick of the presumption and speculation that it causes across the fan base with people using his words to prove or disprove various preconceived agendas and narratives.

His words generally skirt just on the safe side of ambiguity. This is his briefing and the job that the press officer has trained him to do. So attempting to find any certainty in his comments or to use them as definitive evidence of his mindset and relationship with the chairman has little value really. But it continues to fill page upon page in this thread.

There are probably two people (maybe three or four, if you include Jesus and Mrs Poch) that know how Poch actually feels about the current financial / transfer situation at Spurs, and none of them are members on here.

Personally, i feel confidence in his words recently. Every time the media attempt an attack on his position at the club or how things are being run he rebuffs them with words of assurance. Perhaps i am kidding myself to buy into it, but it generally suits the way i support the team.

I don't feel the need to disparage or undervalue my club because there are plenty of rival supporters and members of the press that will do that for me.

Last edited:
People spin themselves into a frenzy listening to the click bait media bullshit.

It’s not difficult to interpret what Poch is saying, he is saying he is happy to continue to operate like this until we are in a position to spend and move to the next level (which, I assume, will be when we move into the new stadium and have settled in.)

I think at that point if we haven’t improved the squad he will consider moving, as would anybody.

We have to eventually spend and improve the squad because players are aging and some will want to move on eventually, also if we wish to win the PL the reality is we will probably have to invest £70-80 mill EACH on two-three top quality players which isn’t easy in this market tbh, who could we get right now that would be guaranteed to instantly improve us below the £80m mark?
What a sensible post... you have no future here!
;)

Just noticed that John Thomas John Thomas also said this

You think accepting a £3.5million a year pay rise, before the transfer window even got going, proves Poch was delighted with the way the window supsequently played out

John is delighted that Poch is not delighted
:dembele:
No. I'm delighted he extended or renewed his contract.

I'm not delighted he subsequently recieved no backing in the summer transfer window.

Which part of this is so difficult for you to understand .

For now he is. Would prefer it continues until the end of the season, maybe they just miss out on CL. Poch remains, we move into the new ground, sign a couple more players and Man u implode next season as they realise Ole just isn't up to it.

What a sensible post... you have no future here!
;)
What a joke of a poster. Poch is either walking out in the summer or leaving in 20 years. There is no inbetween!
Seriously though, from what I've read I think most posters don't think he is leaving in the summer.

No. I'm delighted he extended or renewed his contract.

I'm not delighted he subsequently recieved no backing in the summer transfer window.

Which part of this is so difficult for you to understand .

It’s difficult that to understand why you’re delighted he signed a contract that you don’t think he’ll honour due to the fact he signed it under false pretenses.

Sounds like you should waiting for a legal battle between him and the club actually.

What a joke of a poster. Poch is either walking out in the summer or leaving in 20 years. There is no inbetween!
Seriously though, from what I've read I think most posters don't think he is leaving in the summer.
No one has said he will stay for 20 years.
They used it to show his commitment to the club and policy, that people like you keep saying he has been let down by

It’s difficult that to understand why you’re delighted he signed a contract that you don’t think he’ll honour due to the fact he signed it under false pretenses.

Sounds like you should waiting for a legal battle between him and the club actually.
I've said on numerous occassions we have the best manager in the game. I think without him we'd be nowhere near where we are now.

So if he signs a lengthy contract with us I'm delighted . What pretences or what backing he subsequently recieves doesn't alter the fact that he is more likely to remain with us if on a contract than not. He's more likely to stay if his salary increases to keep it competitive.
Why have you got it into your head I wasn't delighted when he signed his contract.
This is just nonsense and I've found you out again.

I've said on numerous occassions we have the best manager in the game. I think without him we'd be nowhere near where we are now.

So if he signs a lengthy contract with us I'm delighted . What pretences or what backing he subsequently recieves doesn't alter the fact that he is more likely to remain with us if on a contract than not. He's more likely to stay if his salary increases to keep it competitive.
Why have you got it into your head I wasn't delighted when he signed his contract.
This is just nonsense and I've found you out again.

Yeah.....you´re delighted he signed a baseless contract that means nothing

Thats what Im struggling to undertsand, as Ive explained five times. You and Scott find it logical, thats great.
I dont.

Yep. This and the Times running with “Poch hints at Spurs exit”. Fucking pathetic. I hate the press in this country.
Not just this country. And don't get me fucking started on the media journalists.

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp.gif

Yeah.....you´re delighted he signed a baseless contract that means nothing

Thats what Im struggling to undertsand, as Ive explained five times. You and Scott find it logical, thats great.
I dont.
Ok. Sometimes the simplest words are easier to understand.
So, for one last and final time, I'll keep it simple so the rest of the forum don't have keep trawling through this bullshit back and forth.

I am delighted Poch signed a new contract.

I am delighted he wants to spend his career with us.

I was not delighted he got no backing in the summer after specifically saying he wanted to strengthen and get it done early.

I will not be delighted if he gets no backing again this January

And if he continues to not get the backing he deserves, I'm concerned he may not hang around to see out his contract, let alone the 20 years he talks about. And none of us on here want that.

There. Nothing vague, nothing open to interpretation. End of this ridiculous conversation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom