January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

sammyspurs sammyspurs will somehow manage to spin this

Nothing to spin. He says in the future we will need to spend more money to compete. Im assuming he means on new players and wages.

The stadium will help with that, but seeing as its not generating money yet, we will have to wait.
Some people understand why we have to wait. Some dont.

Why would I try and spin his words into some obscure meaning that he didnt say?
Im not John Thomas.

I see rumours hitting the web of Barcelona trying to offload Coutinho.

They finally realise Eriksen wants out?

What would you pay for Coutinho?
:sonhmm:

Even half of that £140m is more than I'd want to pay.

Genuinely pisses me off that Liverpool got such a good fee for him.

Coutinho is excellent.

Valverde is just a poor coach and doesn't really know where to play him. He was probably Brazils best player at the World Cup and has played in this league before, I'd take him at Spurs. Pochettino loves him and has coached him before.

But Liverpool have proven that you don't need to replace a creative player "like-for-like" if you want to compete. And that should be a positive thing to look at when Eriksen leaves. Instead of wasting money and throwing it at a creative player who may or may not provide the same thing Eriksen did, I'd rather we strengthened areas that'll enable us to compete.

Also The Dane The Dane

Heres a quote from last June
The club can spend as much of its own money as it sees fit.

You see some of you dont read or listen. You think spending more means we wont still be self sufficient and wont have a miniscule net spend.

Your'e very naive if you suddenly think Spurs will plunge itself into huge debt to buy players.

Last edited:
Coutinho is excellent.

Valverde is just a poor coach and doesn't really know where to play him. He was probably Brazils best player at the World Cup and has played in this league before, I'd take him at Spurs. Pochettino loves him and has coached him before.

But Liverpool have proven that you don't need to replace a creative player "like-for-like" if you want to compete.
Giving you a like for the last sentence.
:allitongue:

Fuck Coutinho I don't like him.

tinydancer.gif

We could always just offer him the money Eriksen is reportedly turning down? £140k a week.

Isco is on 120k a week at Madrid...

and no, I don't think Isco will come. He's rejected us about 100 times before and will probably go to Juve or something.

he is on £120 isn't he? no need for a pay cut.
As far as I am aware, the common practice is to report La Liga wages POST-tax as clubs like Madrid and Barca often blow wages up greatly to basically offset players' tax liability. Which means:

A) Isco would be taking a big hit coming to Spurs for £140k pw

B) Its even more revolting that cunts like Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar are tax cheats.

As far as I am aware, the common practice is to report La Liga wages POST-tax as clubs like Madrid and Barca often blow wages up greatly to basically offset players' tax liability. Which means:

A) Isco would be taking a big hit coming to Spurs for £140k pw

B) Its even more revolting that cunts like Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar are tax cheats.

The other problem we have is that the Euro is absolutely bumming the pound at the moment, so the last few years have taken off about 30% of a British salary, in comparison.

If there’s one thing that Brexit might help with, it will give the pound a chance to rise. That said, none of us will have any jobs so we’ll have to play with strangers’ willies to afford a ticket to the new ground.

The other problem we have is that the Euro is absolutely bumming the pound at the moment, so the last few years have taken off about 30% of a British salary, in comparison.

If there’s one thing that Brexit might help with, it will give the pound a chance to rise. That said, none of us will have any jobs so we’ll have to play with strangers’ willies to afford a ticket to the new ground.

So your telling me playing with strangers Willy’s gets me free entry to the NWHL?

Damn I best call levy for a refund of my ST :ledleylick:

This is great business to be fair.

Signed for £15,000,000. Got 6 and a half years out of him with some of those being absolutely excellent years. To sell him for near on £11,000,000 when he's available on a free in 6 months time is good.

Now get Berge in.

Signed for £15,000,000. Got 6 and a half years out of him with some of those being absolutely excellent years. To sell him for near on £11,000,000 when he's available on a free in 6 months time is good.

Now get Berge in.

Who is Berge?

Now get Berge in.

Not to mention that it may be wise to send Dembele off with our blessing and avoid him getting broken/degrading between now and summer.

I want to remember Mousa at the height of his pomp.

Last edited:
Not to mention that it may be wise to send Dembele off with our blessing and avoid him getting broken/degrading between now and summer.

I want to remember Mousa at the height of his pomp.

Agreed but surely we can't selll Dembele without getting someone in right now. The only think can think is that Poch really believes in Skipp and will get more and more starts as the season goes on should Dembele get sold for what would be an incredible fee in all fairness

Agreed but surely we can't selll Dembele without getting someone in right now. The only think can think is that Poch really believes in Skipp and will get more and more starts as the season goes on should Dembele get sold for what would be an incredible fee in all fairness
It's got to be that. And in fairness, Skipp looks far more viable now than at the start of November when Dembele last appeared for us.

If the plan is to drop Eriksen deeper in a 4-3-3 formation (at times) to compensate for any loss of Dembele until the summer then so be it.

Ahh but where will the strangers whose willies we will need to play with get their money as they too will not have jobs! Actually now I think about it politicians and the clergy... usual suspects then

Back
Top Bottom