Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People spin themselves into a frenzy listening to the click bait media bullshit.

It’s not difficult to interpret what Poch is saying, he is saying he is happy to continue to operate like this until we are in a position to spend and move to the next level (which, I assume, will be when we move into the new stadium and have settled in.)

I think at that point if we haven’t improved the squad he will consider moving, as would anybody.

We have to eventually spend and improve the squad because players are aging and some will want to move on eventually, also if we wish to win the PL the reality is we will probably have to invest £70-80 mill EACH on two-three top quality players which isn’t easy in this market tbh, who could we get right now that would be guaranteed to instantly improve us below the £80m mark?

(newbie speaking so take it easy)

I think my take from this is that Poch clearly wasnt sold a pup. I think he knew what the deal was and is relatively happy with it.
I think Levy is exactly right to stick to the plan, manage the club carefully and hopefully increase the budget over time as revenue increases.
Equally though there is no doubt that Pochs' stock has risen and there are obviously other options open to him. I hope he doesnt take them and stays to see through what he has started. But i couldn't moan if he didn't and took advantage of his new options. (After all if he had underperformed to the same extent he has overperformed then he'd probably be out on his ear by now.)
The only person who can really tell us is Poch, who for his own reasons is being somewhat coy. (and again I dont blame him, either he is keeping his options open or he is strengthening his hand with Levy. Both perfectly reasonable.
Just going to enjoy it for now.
Welcome!

That's my takeaway from those quotes too. Poch is a man of honour and loyalty so as long as Levy hasn't lied to him or altered the deal, I'm happy. Fucking him around like that would be the surefire way to drive him to United.

If nothing else, Levy knows he's onto a good thing and wouldn't be stupid enough to jeapordise it like that.

Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham manager wants 20 years in charge

"I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here. I am so focused here, and want to help the club to achieve what the club want to be in history. It would be fantastic. I am so happy to be here. I am so happy to work in that pressure. Why not? But I don't know because I need to ask Wenger one day, if I have the possibility, if he is so happy in the way that he finished. What I saw from my point of view, it was so unfair how the people treated him."

HE'S MAGIC...

Im with Poch on this one. Levi clearly lied to him before he signed his contract and promised their would be signings. Poch turned down Madrid , then signed the contract and we failed to sign even Jack Grealish! Poch must look at Liverpool and the 150 Million they spent and think what could I do with a war chest. End of the day if we dont give Poch a war chest he will leave and I wont blame him for doing so. Joe Lewis has the money but he would rather spend 100 Million on a fucking Yacht then take us to the next level. Mean while we are charged the highest prices in the world for tickets why they make profits tax free. They should be commended for the new stadium which is beautiful. But new stadiums do not win trophies. Players and a world class manager do.
You wot mate???

"I hope, or I wish to be here 20 years, and decide to leave or to finish my career here. I am so focused here, and want to help the club to achieve what the club want to be in history. It would be fantastic. I am so happy to be here. I am so happy to work in that pressure. Why not? But I don't know because I need to ask Wenger one day, if I have the possibility, if he is so happy in the way that he finished. What I saw from my point of view, it was so unfair how the people treated him."

HE'S MAGIC...

That can't be right.

I've been told otherwise on here.

Really interesting presser, I thought he gave everyone a little bit of what they want to hear. The net transfers spending is not consistent with title ambitions. The project is ahead of schedule (on the footballing side at least.) The man is a pragmatist and has a clear line of communication with upstairs (DL,) therefore there are no misunderstandings, frustrations or broken promises.

I think the confidence, honesty, desire, drive and PR savvy he shows is fantastic. His ambiguity is calculated, I think the timing is very interesting. He talked up our title ambitions before the Wolves game, I think he know there is a need to play mind games with the press, the squad, the opposition and to an extent us.

HE'S MAGIC...
I mean, Christ, if you're even contemplating moving to United in the summer - you don't say that.
:pochsmirk:

Down the memory hole it goes (for Sky and TalkSport).

HE'S MAGIC...
Let's see if sky make this a headline, I'm guessing they won't

Im with Poch on this one. Levi clearly lied to him before he signed his contract and promised their would be signings. Poch turned down Madrid , then signed the contract and we failed to sign even Jack Grealish! Poch must look at Liverpool and the 150 Million they spent and think what could I do with a war chest. End of the day if we dont give Poch a war chest he will leave and I wont blame him for doing so. Joe Lewis has the money but he would rather spend 100 Million on a fucking Yacht then take us to the next level. Mean while we are charged the highest prices in the world for tickets why they make profits tax free. They should be commended for the new stadium which is beautiful. But new stadiums do not win trophies. Players and a world class manager do.

And look what it’s done for Liverpool. It’s early January and they’re already on the bare bones of their arse as to squad depth. Get behind what we’re doing.

How anyone interprets these comments as acceptance of our current working model is beyond me.

It is obvious the man has great affinity to the club and the players, many of whom he has developed into more consistent performers.

But now he is intimating that our model needs to change in order
I beg to differ. You’ve posted 4078 times on this forum and you haven’t hit the coconut once. At least you’ve stopped sucking Mourinho off because that wasn’t a goer was it?

If Pochettino gets anywhere near the achievements of Mourinho in terms of trophies then maybe your post will have relevance.

In that case I would imagine you would need to have your own lips at the ready.

Differ as much as you like. The beauty of the power to respond.

Back
Top Bottom