Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't mess with the Arslanson.

witters-659569-jpg.jpg

How in THE FUCK did Salah beat him to the December player of the month award?
:deledoubt:

Yes, Salah got 6 goals and 4 assists, which shades him statistically - but 2 of those goals were penalties.

Anyone with eyes knows that Son has been fucking sensational this month.

Edit: looks like I got confused, as Salah has only been confirmed for PFA player of the month, not the official PL player of the month (so far).

Last edited:
How in THE FUCK did Salah beat him to the December player of the month award?
:deledoubt:

Yes, Salah got 6 goals and 4 assists, which shades him statistically - but 2 of those goals were penalties.

Anyone with eyes knows that Son has been fucking sensational this month.
Was probably close but Sonny should have won . Who decides these anyway?

I see that South Korea won 1-0 in the Asian Cup today.

It's likely that even after just that 1 win, they'll be through to the next round as top 3 can qualify in a 4 team group. Here are his earliest return dates depending on where South Korea finish.

Top the group:
23rd January

Runner up in the group:
21st January

Third in the group:
22nd January

Korea needs to top the group to avoid Japan, Iran, and Australia till the final, as it's likely they will also top their groups..

Serious question- why aren't Asian leagues on a schedule like Europe, running fall through spring, with a break in the summer? I'd have thought the summer humidity would be the thing to avoid rather than the winter "cold". That and most "Asian" leagues are above the equator, right?

Both and probably throw Rugby in there as well.
Fair play for avoiding that hook! Must be a tough time to be a proud Aussie?! What's going on with the sporting situation? World leading sports science and development programmes which have up to now been churning out annoyingly brilliant sportspeople

Serious question- why aren't Asian leagues on a schedule like Europe, running fall through spring, with a break in the summer? I'd have thought the summer humidity would be the thing to avoid rather than the winter "cold". That and most "Asian" leagues are above the equator, right?

Most Asian leagues are, but they take a break for the Cup ... it's just impossible to play summer tournaments in many of the more football mad nations in Asia likely to host it.

Here's the list of host nations since the inception in 1956. Many of these are brutal climates in summer:

Hong Kong
South Korea
Israel
Iran (2x)
Thailand
Kuwait
Singapore
Qatar (2x)
Japan
United Arab Emirates (2x)
Lebanon
China
Indonesia / Malaysia / Thailand / Vietnam (co-hosted)
Australia

Jesus the ignorance of some people saying they think Son should retire from internationals. He is what, 26? He is one of the best players ever to come out of South Korea, and if you were a South Korean you would be disappointed if he turned his back on his nation in order not to miss a month of football once every four years. Frankly I would be disappointed in him seeing it would show loyalty isn't a trait he values. Would never see anyone say a South American/European player should retire from internationals.

Back
Top Bottom