Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the bottom of your post you say, with regards to the media, sky and bt etc ".....deepest apologies for not needing your money like the others do...."

Only, we're more than happy to take that money like the others do.

We more than happy to extort the transfer market when selling players like the others do.

We extract higher ticket prices from our fans than all the others do

We pay our chairman / ceo a higher a higher packet than all the others do.

So I'm not quite getting what the moral of your story is, tbh.
What the fuck is the moral of your story?

Do you not want us to take the TV money, maximise our transfer dealings, charge less money or pay the man who helped get us to where we are?

Would you be happier if we just muddled along in mid table?

Do you not want us to take the TV money, maximise our transfer dealings, charge less money or pay the man who helped get us to where we are?

He’d clearly be happier with Levy if we sold Kyle Walker for the 4M odd we paid for him.

How dare we sell Walker for 55M and replace him with Aurier and Moura.

Of course not.
But the right hounourable member seemed to be suggesting that by not spending money on transfers and wages like the rest of the premier league we hold some kind of moral high ground.
I don't think we do.
ENIC have jumped on the gravy train and are reaping the financial rewards as much, if not not more than the rest.
Does anyone really think they aint happy to capitalise on the sky/bt billions the poster so berates? Of course not.
I just don't buy into this paranoia that eveyone in the media hates Spurs and gives us a bum deal.
I'd wager that every leading club has members on their forums like this one squealing about how the media hates them, too.

I see you’ve found another poster you can run away from when you can’t answer him
AnimatedAnyDartfrog-small.gif

ENIC have jumped on the gravy train and are reaping the financial rewards as much, if not not more than the rest.
Hold up...

When Hood was arguing with me that ENIC weren't taking the profit reported out of the club, you were there liking and agreeing his posts.

Now they are reaping the financial rewards.

Which is it?

FYI - For the best, you should pay the best. We have the best chairman (and longest serving), who gets paid the best. We will have the best stadium, to watch the best football, and the best players, expect to pay for that.

You scream for Harry Kane and Mauricio Pochettino to get a monster wage, which they are then awarded. Then moan at how we manage to afford that.

You moan about wanting to pay the highest transfer fees, then moan about us paying the longest serving chairman in the League a top wage. Hilarious.

You think Saido Berahino is more worthy of our money than Daniel Levy.

You're the kind of guy that goes into Harrods and expects to see Birdseye Fishcakes at two for one.

Last edited:
Of course not.
But the right hounourable member seemed to be suggesting that by not spending money on transfers and wages like the rest of the premier league we hold some kind of moral high ground.
I don't think we do.
Does anyone really think they aint happy to capitalise on the sky/bt billions the poster so berates? Of course not.
I just don't buy into this paranoia that eveyone in the media hates Spurs and gives us a bum deal.
I'd wager that every leading club has members on their forums like this one squealing about how the media hates them, too.
Firstly, do I think the media have a bias against us? 100%, for reasons stated on previous post, but just to clarify, they give us a lot of money, (Which we gladly accept, of which you reminded us all) but we don’t do what everyone else does with said money and spend it on the short term like every other club, take West Ham who spent £100m last summer on a bunch of mercenaries who will do what exactly? Keep West Ham exactly were West Ham will always be, mid table that’s what. I mean Jesus there were some flids at Sky who thought they might even get top 4 because of it, do me a favor, and don’t even start me on their clown fans....
Secondly, do I think we have a moral high ground here? again 100% yes, it’s our money and we can spend it how we see fit, and if the powers to be at Spurs think building infrastructure that will sustain the next 5 generations of Spurs fans is a better plan right now than just spending it on some Nancy who will waltz in here demanding 150/200k a week and will waltz right back out of here at his own convenience when the notion takes him , then I’m good with that (for now), have patience people!!
I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that it took Alex Ferguson 5 years to win his first trophy and 8 years to win the league, during which time they turned Old Trafford into the best stadium in the country and created the best youth academy English football has ever seen....anyone see the similarities?...
Woolwich owners defiantly screw their fans....
West Ham give theirs false hope...
Chelsea are just cunts from top to bottom...
#have patience
#believe
#trust the club
# Pride of fucking London

I will always give an honest opinion and make my pov clear as day, no matter how controversial

You, two however

Just a couple of pork pies tugging each other off over a bit of pos rep.
:vdvdive:

Pos rep means people value your opinions that’s the whole point.

Like your wingman who’s now in the bin, claims rep doesn’t matter but spends his week dishing 4000 neg reps.

Your agrees come from the same three people mate, and none of them are anything to brag about.

And how many times are you going to make the same joke? That’s twice you’ve used them quotes?

Not so quick to answer questions about the clubs finances though and how they work and how much the club actually has to spend etc

“Joe Lewis yacht”
And
“Big Sainsburys”

That should have been the day you quit to be honest.

Last edited:
If we get to the LC final... The final will be at Wembley = Unfair advantage....

Same saga all over again. Yaaaaaaaaaawn!!!

Another tiresome "2 + 2 = Levy Out" thread derailment from our resident axe grinder.
I take it you're referring to me.

A) where did I post Levy out.

B) How is giving an honest opinion of the percieved media bias derailing the thread?

C) How is pointing out that our owners are not on some moral crusade to change the finacial greed of the modern game but are using it to make full capital on their investment grinding an axe.

As always, mouse, you're just jumping on the bandwagon to try and be relevant. It's a forum. Opinions will differ.

Back
Top Bottom