Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is worth the 30m now. No longer a flop. Gives his all & must be annoying to play against in midfield. But I will be wetting myself when its his turn to take a pen to keep us in a shootout!

The fucker was a menace yesterday, and his turn and run in the build up to Son’s goal was brilliant.

The fucker was a menace yesterday, and his turn and run in the build up to Son’s goal was brilliant.
I actually thought he was pretty meh yesterday. Overhit almost every pass and then there was the lung busting run only to play it behind the advancing striker (think it was son) Also the fancy attempt to play out of trouble which ended up with him bundling it out of play for a corner and ending up on his arse.
Massively improved for sure but personally I saw a few glimmers of the old Sissoko in there yesterday.

I actually thought he was pretty meh yesterday. Overhit almost every pass and then there was the lung busting run only to play it behind the advancing striker (think it was son) Also the fancy attempt to play out of trouble which ended up with him bundling it out of play for a corner and ending up on his arse.
Massively improved for sure but personally I saw a few glimmers of the old Sissoko in there yesterday.

What game were you watching mate?
Sissoko was one of the MoM candidates.
This one issue you are mentioning was absolutely well executed. Both, Son and Kane were behind their markers, neither of them could have reached the ball, Sissoko saw it and went for 2nd wave pass, hoping for Alli / Eriksen run. Just 2nd wave was not there.

Guy is a machine.
This was his 8th (!) start in a row.
He has played 7 of them from whistle to whistle, and in one he was subbed off at 83rd minute.
And all this in 25 days meaning, if we take away matchdays themselves, there were 17 days for rest. So 25 days with 2 days between each on average.
That is some serious workload.

What game were you watching mate?
Sissoko was one of the MoM candidates.
This one issue you are mentioning was absolutely well executed. Both, Son and Kane were behind their markers, neither of them could have reached the ball, Sissoko saw it and went for 2nd wave pass, hoping for Alli / Eriksen run. Just 2nd wave was not there.

Guy is a machine.
This was his 8th (!) start in a row.
He has played 7 of them from whistle to whistle, and in one he was subbed off at 83rd minute.
And all this in 25 days meaning, if we take away matchdays themselves, there were 17 days for rest. So 25 days with 2 days between each on average.
That is some serious workload.
I watched it & again in full on a replay.
He was over hitting passes, under hitting them, ball bouncing off his toe, shin etc. If you are seriously suggesting he was anywhere near MOTM comparing him to Eriksen, Toby, Son or even Kane, then I guess it’s you that was watching a different game. Eriksen was different gravy. Sissoko wasn’t in the same ball park.

I watched it & again in full on a replay.
He was over hitting passes, under hitting them, ball bouncing off his toe, shin etc. If you are seriously suggesting he was anywhere near MOTM comparing him to Eriksen, Toby, Son or even Kane, then I guess it’s you that was watching a different game. Eriksen was different gravy. Sissoko wasn’t in the same ball park.

You do understand that he plays different role to Eriksen, right?
And you have read previous discussion where I thought ppl reached consensus - Sissoko is tecnically inferior to the geniuses like Alli, Eriksen, Kane etc?
But that does not mean he had a bad game. I did not say that he was certain MoM but he was one of the candidates for me.

And NO I am not alone in saying that -
In this new eToro man of the match poll it went like this -
Eriksen 39%
Sissoko 28%
Son 27%
Rose 6%

Sissoko pass accuracy in the game was 91%. He made 4th amount of passes after CB's and Winks. He played 4 long balls, and all 4 were accurate. I do not see old Sissoko in those numbers.

In WhoScored rankings he was our 6th best player after Eriksen, Son, Kane, Rose and Lloris. But I would disagree with putting him ahead of Rose (did not have the same impact as Sissoko) and Lloris (not too troubled due to limited exposure).

And I happened to watch the extended highlights, and what did I see from there - well -
- Sissoko played part in build up to 2nd goal.
- Started the attack that lead to 3rd goal (incl quite good forward pass to Kane)
- Combined well with Son on the right wing that lead Son breaking away from defender and delivering cross to the box that was met by defender
- Made the block that lead to our counter attack 4 against 1 (that we somehow did not finished with a goal)
- Made this good break that was discussed earlier, where he put the ball in for 2nd wave (that did not follow for whatever reason) after recgonizing that both forward players were marked.
And also I do not recall stupid mistakes that would have lead to any oppsosition chances. All I have heard from negative side were "heavy touches" and other subjective terms. Yet they did not cause any issues for us...

So, yea. I stand by my words. He had good game and was worthy to be a candidate for MoM title.

You do understand that he plays different role to Eriksen, right?
And you have read previous discussion where I thought ppl reached consensus - Sissoko is tecnically inferior to the geniuses like Alli, Eriksen, Kane etc?
But that does not mean he had a bad game. I did not say that he was certain MoM but he was one of the candidates for me.

And NO I am not alone in saying that -
In this new eToro man of the match poll it went like this -
Eriksen 39%
Sissoko 28%
Son 27%
Rose 6%

Sissoko pass accuracy in the game was 91%. He made 4th amount of passes after CB's and Winks. He played 4 long balls, and all 4 were accurate. I do not see old Sissoko in those numbers.

In WhoScored rankings he was our 6th best player after Eriksen, Son, Kane, Rose and Lloris. But I would disagree with putting him ahead of Rose (did not have the same impact as Sissoko) and Lloris (not too troubled due to limited exposure).

And I happened to watch the extended highlights, and what did I see from there - well -
- Sissoko played part in build up to 2nd goal.
- Started the attack that lead to 3rd goal (incl quite good forward pass to Kane)
- Combined well with Son on the right wing that lead Son breaking away from defender and delivering cross to the box that was met by defender
- Made the block that lead to our counter attack 4 against 1 (that we somehow did not finished with a goal)
- Made this good break that was discussed earlier, where he put the ball in for 2nd wave (that did not follow for whatever reason) after recgonizing that both forward players were marked.
And also I do not recall stupid mistakes that would have lead to any oppsosition chances. All I have heard from negative side were "heavy touches" and other subjective terms. Yet they did not cause any issues for us...

So, yea. I stand by my words. He had good game and was worthy to be a candidate for MoM title.
You do understand that MOTM does not distinguish between which role someone plays?
It’s who was the best player on the pitch, no?
The player who, wherever he plays, made the biggest contribution?

And to be rated 6th best in the team doesn’t scream MOTM candidate to me.

What was Winks’ pass completion rate btw? He didn’t even make the top 6 so that’s a useless stat.

He’s had some really good performances this season & I have banged the Sissoko drum even though I always thought he was a poor signing prior to this term, but my opinion is he was back to average against a shit Cardiff side that we breezed through with ease.

He is worth the 30m now. No longer a flop. Gives his all & must be annoying to play against in midfield. But I will be wetting myself when its his turn to take a pen to keep us in a shootout!

I still think he was overpriced but for what he's doing at the moment in the weakest area of the pitch for us is huge with Dembele being injured and on the way out. Amazing really that barely six months ago we couldn't even get a decent loan deal sorted for him. I think most would have been happy moving him on, now I think we'll see him stay a part of the squad for another 2-3 years. Definitely pulling his weight at the moment if only he had more greed and belief in himself

14cb3c05d0602f409d40436a9a040f82.png

giphy.gif

Brilliant stuff, any more? Come on guys, you know this is the only social media is bother with, so entrust you with keeping me up to date with the good stuff.

Just thinking about Sissoko, how funny is it that every single Spurs fan on the planet didn't rate him yet Bazali Bazali stuck to his guns. Bazali is literally the only fan in the world who can actually say I told you so.

Moussa has actually moved mountains to get to where he is in our shirt. Still needs to improve but has there ever been such a resurgence in our colours? Absolute warhorse!

Just thinking about Sissoko, how funny is it that every single Spurs fan on the planet didn't rate him yet Bazali Bazali stuck to his guns. Bazali is literally the only fan in the world who can actually say I told you so.

Moussa has actually moved mountains to get to where he is in our shirt. Still needs to improve but has there ever been such a resurgence in our colours? Absolute warhorse!

I tip my hat Sir

Blakey are you watching especially after your latest ridiculous almost comical review?

Back
Top Bottom