Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've heard that too.
Cheers fella. Could one of those urban myths but plausible given that potential goldmine it could be if they get the timing right (Location to newly developed Station, New stadium and New Housing/Shopping all slated to get built).

Fingers crossed it's a goer as would be great for choices for fans on match days and if open on weekdays (unlike Bill Nic) somewhere for the locals too.

Cheers fella. Could one of those urban myths but plausible given that potential goldmine it could be if they get the timing right (Location to newly developed Station, New stadium and New Housing/Shopping all slated to get built).

Fingers crossed it's a goer as would be great for choices for fans on match days and if open on weekdays (unlike Bill Nic) somewhere for the locals too.
I never got why it closed.It always seemed to have a decent clientele in,even when we weren't playing.

I never got why it closed.It always seemed to have a decent clientele in,even when we weren't playing.
Never been in there oddly. Out of interest when did it close? I can't ever remember it being open but admit that it has never been on my route to the stadium so rarely walked past it on match days. I knew a few people at Wedge Roofing many years ago but don't recall it open even then.

A good while back.I'd say 5 years, but knowing my brain,possible a few longer than that.
It was a big place,2 smaller bars and a barn of a place on the right as you look at it.Perfect for a football pub.
Bill Nicholson and Eddie Bailey use to go there post match when they were players.For that alone,it should reopen :)

DwEUPo_W0AAr8Um.jpg

DwEUPpPW0AAxW6l.jpg

Last edited:
A good while back.I'd say 5 years, but knowing my brain,possible a few longer than that.
It was a big place,2 smaller bars and a barn of a place on the right as you look at it.Perfect for a football pub.
Bill Nicholson and Eddie Bailey use to go there post match when they were players.For that alone,it should reopen :)
Which pub you referring to Sean?

It was also quite big, particularly the bit on the right.
So would come in handy
Been a while since i was in there but i too remember two bars. Rare these days to have two bars, even the Brewers was 2 bars at one time. Now that is going back a bit. I reckon C will be pulling his hair out (if he had any) about these staduim delays.

in the 70's you could wait outside that car park and see the players getting in their jam jars. If it was a shit game, wolves, burnley etc the old boy on the gate would sometimes let you in. I chatted to Jimmy Neighbour (rip) Willie Young, Meat Hook, John Pratt and Keith Osgood amongst others in there. There was a bar behind the red house that they used too and once when i did a combination game (reserves to you youngsters) midweek we sneaked in there and i had a pint with Mark Falco before we were sussed and we were ejected. Happy days.

in the 70's you could wait outside that car park and see the players getting in their jam jars. If it was a shit game, wolves, burnley etc the old boy on the gate would sometimes let you in. I chatted to Jimmy Neighbour (rip) Willie Young, Meat Hook, John Pratt and Keith Osgood amongst others in there. There was a bar behind the red house that they used too and once when i did a combination game (reserves to you youngsters) midweek we sneaked in there and i had a pint with Mark Falco before we were sussed and we were ejected. Happy days.
I didn't know about that bar? Was it a proper pub like effort?
Hopefully some old photos exist of that.

Combination games were free weren't they?
May mate often tells a tale of him and a few of his mates having a mud fight with Mark Kendall during a combination game.

I didn't know about that bar? Was it a proper pub like effort?
Hopefully some old photos exist of that.

Combination games were free weren't they?
May mate often tells a tale of him and a few of his mates having a mud fight with Mark Kendall during a combination game.
it was like a clubhouse and it was up some metal stairs at the back of the red house opposite the car park looking out towards the high road. Yes from my distant memory the games were free yes. I did loads in the early 1970's and fortunately still have the programmes (and the anorak). You could hear the players shouting which made for a surreal 'atmosphere', a bit like the Emirates today.

Back
Top Bottom