Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dv-RWXZV4AE4POL.jpg

I have done them all over the years. What was the one in the flats called if you crossed over from the coach and horses toward Edmonton. Was Langhedge Lane i think and was an estate pub. Was definitely open in the 90's. Shaker used it i know...
It was down the road opposite the Witherspoons pub, the 'something' tavern, can't think of the bloody name.
Just remembered, The Grove Tavern, good pub that was..

Last edited:
I knew you'd remember! Good man, yes it was a decent pub you're right. Little Stan and D i used to go with.
I still can't think of this pub..And that is surprising considering i am a pisshead,or was.
We are not talking about the dodgy one the north circ are we? Painted orange.More Powder doing the rounds than Kate Moss has in her hand bag,and charming ladies walking around with pint glasses with money in?

I still can't think of this pub..And that is surprising considering i am a pisshead,or was.
We are not talking about the dodgy one the north circ are we? Painted orange.More Powder doing the rounds than Kate Moss has in her hand bag,and charming ladies walking around with pint glasses with money in?
No it was in an estate and a bit off the beaten track. Google map Langhedge Lane and you'll remember it. Shaker is correct it was opposite the Gilpin and down a small road by the estate. We used it regularly back in the day.

I don't think that team ever got the credit they deserved for winning the FA cup that year,when you think what was going on in the background.Must have affected the players to some degree.

Excuse my ignorance.. I would have been 3 years old. What was going on in the background?

Excuse my ignorance.. I would have been 3 years old. What was going on in the background?
We nearly went bust, Irving Scholar had made some poor business decisions and had used Tottenham to bail em out. Whether we would have actually gone bust,is open to debate. But the fact it was in the news must have played on the players minds.

We nearly went bust, Irving Scholar had made some poor business decisions and had used Tottenham to bail em out. Whether we would have actually gone bust,is open to debate. But the fact it was in the news must have played on the players minds.

Thank you, I didnt realise that was around that time.. figured it was a bit later and into the Prem era.

Back
Top Bottom