"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A loss to Wolves in DECEMBER and we're giving up all hope already.

Come on guys. Bigger gaps have been closed.

We have 18 more games.

18 wins out of 18 gives us a final total of 33-0-5 (99 points).

City's 100 points last season consisted of 32 wins (32-4-2).

We are going to lose a couple of games and we will draw a game before the season is done.

Set your sights a little lower. It was never on.

Not being able to keep the pace with City and Liverpool is not a bad thing given how much they spent and how we spent zilch.

A loss to Wolves in DECEMBER and we're giving up all hope already.

Come on guys. Bigger gaps have been closed.

We have lost 5 league games by December.
That’s not title winning form either. Especially when you look at Liverpool and their form.

Not sure many on here are that happy with our defence currently and that tends to be where titles are won or lost.

Genuinely though, if you look at PPG ratio year on year under Pochettino - next year should actually be our title challenge if we see the sustained improvement.

Mix that in with a fourth year of Champions League football, a brand new home stadium and some new signings and Pochs plan could all come to fruition next season.

PPG:

2018 - 2.236
2017 - 2.175
2016 - 1.918
2015 - 1.789
2014 - 1.736

I'd be annoyed if the players DON'T go into every remaining thinking they can still win the title. Get as much points as possible. Winning breeds confidence. Let's go and win a damn trophy this year.

We have lost 5 league games by December.
That’s not title winning form either. Especially when you look at Liverpool and their form.

Not sure many on here are that happy with our defence currently and that tends to be where titles are won or lost.

To be fair - our lack of draws makes up for the 5 losses.

We could win 30, lose 8 and draw 0 and we'd end up on 90 points. Which is usually enough for a title win for example.

It's obviously very unlikely that we topple Liverpool and it's unlikely we finish 2nd ahead of City - but I'd like to think we will keep up the fight.

To be fair - our lack of draws makes up for the 5 losses.

We could win 30, lose 8 and draw 0 and we'd end up on 90 points. Which is usually enough for a title win for example.

It's obviously very unlikely that we topple Liverpool and it's unlikely we finish 2nd ahead of City - but I'd like to think we will keep up the fight.

Yeah I think we will. This squad have been through a lot and matured.
A very big ask to keep up with Liverpool.

Hopefully the pressure being off again will be a help.

For now I’m going to put today down to tiredness more than complacency. (Haven’t seen or heard the game though)

Lets take a risk and rest everyone we can for Tranmere so we are ready for Chelsea in the cup.

A trophy and Champions league footy at the lane next season would be a fantastic season.

Title ended today.
For me it’s not a melting view, just a big dose of truth.

Should fight tooth and nail all the way, but a team that’s never won anything can’t keep losing games like that and think it’s going to turn around a 9pt gap.

Go heavy in all the cups now please.

Back
Top Bottom