Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let them eat Tottenham Pie

A lot can change by the time we reach Feb, no guarantee Dortmund will be in such great form by the time the fixture comes around. Hopefully our squad is looking a lot healthier as well.

Any chance Dortmund get raided in January?

Had a look at a Dortmund forum and yet another fanbase that doesn't do their research and run the "Spurs have no history" card.

To compare: Tottenham have 17 titles, 24 if we count the Community Shield as a major title. Dortmund has 15, 20 if you count the German supercup.

But of course football was invented in 1992

Had a look at a Dortmund forum and yet another fanbase that doesn't do their research and run the "Spurs have no history" card.

To compare: Tottenham have 17 titles, 24 if we count the Community Shield as a major title. Dortmund has 15, 20 if you count the German supercup.

It seems to me that everyone hates us. Not just in England.

Counting the Community Shield is a crime. May as well count that little Asia trophy Janssen got so excited about a couple years back...

Hmm, read through the discussion here and I see both extremes - super positive and super dissapointed with the draw. I personally think that the truth is somewhere inbetween.

Draw was not the easiest nor the hardest.

I actually do believe that quite a lot on Dortmunds play depends on Reus and Witsel. First is extremely injury prone and would not be surprised if he is again crooked by that time. And Witsel... we have our own copy of him. Just stronger. And more awesome. And without Fellaini hair.

But they have been very much in-form team, and they have quite a depth. Many young and tehcnically able AM's (Sancho, Pulisic, Larsen, Guerreiro) plus two legends/veterans in Reus and Götze. But latter ones have reaaallly long injury histories so we'll see if they could play against us as well.

There are lots of similarities between the approaches to the game by managers.
Both teams are young, hungry and with immense workrate.
Should become quite an intetesting showdown. It's clear that we cannot gift them anything- full 90 minutes of concentration and effort is clearly needed in both games. But if we keep it, we have the chances.

Right now Dortmund has higher probability to go through from this pair, but we'll see :) .
COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom