New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointing, but almost obvious considering how much time there was between now and United game.

I think a Champions League opening is now on the cards, although maybe telling that Watford was not mentioned as that’s a January home game too.

So either:

- A league cup semi final fixture
- An FA Cup 4th round home tie
- Watford at home on 30th January

Will host the first game, I reckon.
Doubt it will be a mid week game. And cup games are not good to schedule things around from a planning sense.

I'm thinking the Newcastle fixture the first weekend of February will be the internal target now. They haven't changed the fixture list for TV yet on that weekend, so they may slot the game as an early or late kick on Saturday or push it to Sunday. Only one "big" fixture that week (City hosting Woolwich), so the Spurs match is likely to be moved out of the Saturday 3p slot for TV regardless.

Slightly off topic...but one of the most iconic stadiums in the world looks a bit shit...

The plastic seats look ready to snap, peeling paint, rusty metalwork, and leaky floors in the stands causes a waterfall to cascade to the tier below when it rains.
They only looked after the VIP boxes, team areas, and bits you see on tv. Nice museum though.

Disappointing, but almost obvious considering how much time there was between now and United game.

I think a Champions League opening is now on the cards, although maybe telling that Watford was not mentioned as that’s a January home game too.

That is a good point. Presumably the club think there is a chance we can open up with the Watford match.

Opening it in a big fixture is stupid. People will attend and watch anyway given it's the first match there and playing a lesser side who we're more likely to beat will give the players confidence. Once it's ready, play in it for God's sake, whether that's Juventus in the CL, Watford in the prem, or a league 1 team in the cup

Slightly off topic...but one of the most iconic stadiums in the world looks a bit shit...

When I did the tour 12 years ago, I was impressed but hadn't remembered that it was completely open to the elements, no cover whosoever. The end we were in was very basic, just concrete everywhere you look. Some of the steps were badly worn and crumbling. Bit of a let down but the result made up for it.
Our beautiful stadium is going to knock spots of it.

TbYbA30.png

West entrance entirely empty, other than temporary flooring to be moved.

Outside all the paving exposed.

Never seen it look so empty and ready for spectators to arrive !

Typical of him to use today to bury bad news. Call me cynical but there is an element of it.

Seriously? you think this news is being buried .... you don't think it's on every media, newspaper, blog, social site and football forum within seconds of being announced .... this is the 21st century not the 1950's ....

DL has made it very clear ... "What I don’t want to do is set any firm dates until we have finally achieved a safety certificate"

Just what else is the club supposed to say?

Back
Top Bottom