The FA Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were taken over in the summer and have a budget now of £5k a week which is big in terms of the national league north. We average around 1000 at home but have a huge catchment area. Unfortunately with Everton and Liverpool on doorstep we can’t compete. We took 800 yesterday and a few years back sold 3000 for a fa cup trip to derby. The game would be a sell out.
Obviously we’d lose but I’d expect it would be a new ground for many of you guys

Famous people from Southport. John bishop and unfortunately mark lawrenson but the towns new star is tommy fleetwood
If I'm driving up is it best to take my hubcaps off the car just to be on the safe side?

Hi Southport fan here. Obviously it’s a massive draw for us but there’s a big game to get through next week.
We drew at Tranmere yesterday and should have won. Don’t worry about the league positions this is what the cup is all about.
If you’ve never been to Southport it’s on the coast just down from Blackpool. Plenty of hotels and B&Bs and a great night out. It’s also cheap!! £3 a pint. The ground holds 6000 so you’d be more likely to get 1500. Mainly standing behind goal with about 300 seats. It’s would be one of the biggest matches of our history. Any questions feel free to ask and I’ll check the forum.
All the best in your games beforehand.
Near Blackpool you say?
DthGBmpW0AEJL2b.jpg

:gazza2:

I know these are the games we all prefer - either home or away at a shit team but I dread these fixtures. Awful pitches, players who aren't really technically good just wanting to go out there and bash our players up. I absolutely hated those games last season with Rochdale and Newport (Rochdale replay at Wembley wasn't too bad).

Especially when we tend to rotate heavily and it looks like we have 11 strangers on the pitch. Just hope we can get in there, get it over and done with and nobody gets injured. Hopefully get in the hat for the fourth round and move on.

I know these are the games we all prefer - either home or away at a shit team but I dread these fixtures. Awful pitches, players who aren't really technically good just wanting to go out there and bash our players up. I absolutely hated those games last season with Rochdale and Newport (Rochdale replay at Wembley wasn't too bad).

Especially when we tend to rotate heavily and it looks like we have 11 strangers on the pitch. Just hope we can get in there, get it over and done with and nobody gets injured. Hopefully get in the hat for the fourth round and move on.
Better than getting a top team and Knackering the best players, dropping points in subsequent games or even worse getting knocked out. Think we have moved on from 11 strangers and just rotate from the squad.

Better than getting a top team and Knackering the best players, dropping points in subsequent games or even worse getting knocked out. Think we have moved on from 11 strangers and just rotate from the squad.

The games are played on a weekend the Premier League is suspended so I couldn't care less about knackering players. They get a weeks rest. Am I meant to be empathetic towards millionaire footballers who can't play 1 game in 7 days?

If I was manager, I'd play this line up against Tranmere/Southport

Gazzaniga
KWP - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
Eriksen - Winks - Sissoko
Lucas - Kane - Son
But we know Poch won't - it'll be a team involving the likes of N'Koudou, Llorente, Wanyama etc. players who won't be here in the summer, playing like they've never played with eachother before despite training 2 years together, instead of just going full strength and destroying them.

Last edited:
The games are played on a weekend the Premier League is suspended so I couldn't care less about knackering players. They get a weeks rest. Am I meant to be empathetic towards millionaire footballers who can't play 1 game in 7 days?

If I was manager, I'd play this line up against Tranmere/Southport

Gazzaniga
KWP - Alderweireld - Foyth - Rose
Eriksen - Winks - Sissoko
Lucas - Kane - Son
But we know Poch won't - it'll be a team involving the likes of N'Koudou, Llorente, Wanyama etc. players who won't be here in the summer, playing like they've never played with eachother before despite training 2 years together, instead of just going full strength and destroying them.
The other guys do need game time, and while there's a chance they get caught out like last season, poch needs to fix this since other teams manage just fine playing their second line team e.g. woolwich in Europa League

The other guys do need game time, and while there's a chance they get caught out like last season, poch needs to fix this since other teams manage just fine playing their second line team e.g. woolwich in Europa League

They do - we have the League Cup for that though. This trophy tends to come in midweek where we can afford to rest players. We do a pretty good job of switching our team up in that tournament too.

As we are also likely to be knocked out of the Champions League, the Europa League will also provide a good opportunity too.

Football is all about the culture and experience. Being at games. Seeing other clubs. Having a laugh with them and at them. Rochdale last season was an awful game but it was fun going. Personally, I love matches like that. Generally, I love away games.

DtvgjSUX4AIQwuj.jpg

Brilliant.

So we play Cardiff AWAY on the Tuesday and then have to play in an FA Cup away game just 3 days later which will make it 3 games in 6 days. Though I imagine our players would just stay in Wales.

I mean, both Tranmere and Southport also play on the Tuesday (both are away) but damn the fixture dates haven't been kind to us at all this year have they!?

Last edited:
Football is all about the culture and experience. Being at games. Seeing other clubs. Having a laugh with them and at them. Rochdale last season was an awful game but it was fun going. Personally, I love matches like that. Generally, I love away games.

being able to use their clubhouse was good.

Back
Top Bottom