Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino on Trippier:

I think it's the same problem, the same problem that started in the World Cup. If you remember the semi-final against Croatia, when he left the pitch. Then I think to play after three days against Belgium, I think maybe it affected a little bit. Now he's suffering in that situation. In situations like today when the pitch is not in a good condition, this area, the groin, suffers more when the pitch is different. It's a thing that we need to care a lot for him, protect him, he needs to work a lot to protect and sort that problem. It will be a long period for him suffering this type of problem. When I was in Argentina as a 19-year-old I suffered and it is an area that is difficult to sort out. But I don't believe it's a big thing. It's only he needs to start to accept that situation and live with sometimes some pain and play.

Pochettino on Trippier:

I think it's the same problem, the same problem that started in the World Cup. If you remember the semi-final against Croatia, when he left the pitch. Then I think to play after three days against Belgium, I think maybe it affected a little bit. Now he's suffering in that situation. In situations like today when the pitch is not in a good condition, this area, the groin, suffers more when the pitch is different. It's a thing that we need to care a lot for him, protect him, he needs to work a lot to protect and sort that problem. It will be a long period for him suffering this type of problem. When I was in Argentina as a 19-year-old I suffered and it is an area that is difficult to sort out. But I don't believe it's a big thing. It's only he needs to start to accept that situation and live with sometimes some pain and play.

Certainly a shame, just when we thought he was back from injury.

Seems to me that something like a long term groin problem is bound to flair up if he plays games in quick succession, which in turn means Poch needs to 'ration' his games in some way - whether that's only playing once a week or 3 games and then 2 weeks off.

I'm still not convinced Aurier is the dogs doodas, so I'd hope that Walker-Peters gets a few games, including a short run or 3 or 4 games perhaps, which might allow him to finally take his chance - the 21 year old has been training with the first team for about 3 seasons now but only played in about 10 games (albeit with a couple of MOTM performances), so if he's not played now, it would be better for him to move on. And given that for England youth he's played at both RB and LB almost equally well, it would be a shame for Spurs to lose a full back able to operate on both sides.

Certainly a shame, just when we thought he was back from injury.

Seems to me that something like a long term groin problem is bound to flair up if he plays games in quick succession, which in turn means Poch needs to 'ration' his games in some way - whether that's only playing once a week or 3 games and then 2 weeks off.

I'm still not convinced Aurier is the dogs doodas, so I'd hope that Walker-Peters gets a few games, including a short run or 3 or 4 games perhaps, which might allow him to finally take his chance - the 21 year old has been training with the first team for about 3 seasons now but only played in about 10 games (albeit with a couple of MOTM performances), so if he's not played now, it would be better for him to move on. And given that for England youth he's played at both RB and LB almost equally well, it would be a shame for Spurs to lose a full back able to operate on both sides.

Given Poch's track record, he doesnt seem particularly motivated to play KWP.

Think we have to have a major rethink at FB in the summer.

Only one i'm 100% sold on is Davies but it's not like he couldn't be improved upon too.

It's a pretty questionable top 100, but it is relatively kind to Spurs. Kane is #1 for strikers and the list also includes Eriksen, Dele, Jan, and Poch.

Wait.

Aubamayang, who has scored 1 more goal than Kane in the Premier League this season, isn't even in the top 10. How is that possible!?

Not gonna be a popular opinion but anyone else think it's the right time to sell him now?

He peaked at the world cup and since then he's been getting worse if we are gonna get rid we should do it soon before other teams find out how average he has become.

Last edited:
Not gonna be a popular opinion but anyone else think it's the right time sell him now?

He peaked at the world cup and since then he's been getting worse if we are gonna get rid we should do it soon before other teams find out how average he has become.

If you read the Poch thing he has basically explained that he has been carrying an injury for 6 months.
So not getting worse, just carrying an injury and suffering.
Now he is in a phase where he is going to learn how to cope with it, and live with it.

Over time he will improve and get fitter and know his body better and learn how to avoid aggravating it.

We don’t throw injured players under the bus at this club, Lamela being a prime example. We repay some faith in them as they have injured themselves in our shirt.

Maybe some fans could also give Trippier a bit of support and time instead of constantly thinking that the grass is always greener in January.

If you read the Poch thing he has basically explained that he has been carrying an injury for 6 months.
So not getting worse, just carrying an injury and suffering.
Now he is in a phase where he is going to learn how to cope with it, and live with it.

Over time he will improve and get fitter and know his body better and learn how to avoid aggravating it.

We don’t throw injured players under the bus at this club, Lamela being a prime example. We repay some faith in them as they have injured themselves in our shirt.

Maybe some fans could also give Trippier a bit of support and time instead of constantly thinking that the grass is always greener in January.
Lamela is player with significant talent and skill, Trippier can cross the ball a bit.

If we really think of ourselves as an elite club a team than can go on to win actual cups we aren't going to do it with a midtable wingback.
No other team in the top 4 would simple continue with a mediocre player and hope he improves they would make changes where needed, we need to learn that lesson.

Not gonna be a popular opinion but anyone else think it's the right time sell him now?

I certainly accept the logic; he's not the future. I also think if we're serious about KWP something's gotta give in the summer.

Serge's injury probs this year have been really unfortunate timing (in terms of proving himself over a longer stretch of games)... He's had some good games, but it seems he still represents a question mark for many.

Would suprise me if Poch considers him #1 yet too.

Lamela is player with significant talent and skill, Trippier can cross the ball a bit.

If we really think of ourselves as an elite club a team than can go on to win actual cups we aren't going to do it with a midtable wingback.
No other team in the top 4 would simple continue with a mediocre player and hope he improves they would make changes where needed, we need to learn that lesson.

Yeah no other team would have stuck with Lamela or Sissoko, or even Kane at the start......or Rose, Or Dier or Dembele. Winks wouldn’t get a look in either unless it was under Klopp.
Would have probably replaced them all with the likes of Maddison, Antonio when he was the best full back in the world on twitter for a while, Dean Austin, and Drinkwater And “Sess” for 300M combined and the media would spend the next year brainwashing everyone than none of them were average.

Because as you know, the rest of the top 4 are beacons of light that Spurs should try and be more like.

Was pleasantly surprised to see him back already yesterday and though he had a good game.

I think these injuries we’ve picked up could be a blessing later. Lots of players coming back look rested and sharp.

Back
Top Bottom