Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dtr497SWkAAHapb.jpg

Fucking hell.

Half and half scarve for Tottenham/Man Utd at Southampton game last night.

Get in the fucking sea.

We were cruising at 3-0 ..... they nearly this, and nearly that so what?.... and a 93 minute offside consolation, apart from the guys who backed 3-0 who cares? If you see this game as some sort of desperate 30 minutes of 'hanging on' then I'm afraid football is just not for you ....

Oh calm down.....what do you mean it means nothing that they nearly scored a few goals?
It means that it wasn’t as comfortable as you have made out.
They made a real go of it at 3-0 down, and thoroughly deserved to score.

If you think we sat back and just comfortably conceded possession well I disagree.
Every single counter attack failed before the halfway line.

We defended very well at the last ditch, but it was far from a cruise at the end.

Our run of fixtures until March really fascinates me. For me this is where our season starts League wise:

Leicester (a)
Burnley (h)
Everton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Wolverhampton (h)
Cardiff (a)
Man U (h)
Fulham (a)
Watford (h)
Newcastle (h)
Leicester (h)
Burnley (a)

12 games until we lock horns with a team on par with us talent wise. I look at all of those games and think that the boys could really put something together that makes the home straight/ businesss end of the season very interesting. Got to keep Liverpool in our sights, our target needs to be firing ourselves into the same sentence as that lot & Man City as title contenders come March time.

In contrast Chelsea play Man City (h), Brighton (a), Leicester (h), Watford (a), Crystal Palace (a), Southampton (h), Newcastle (h), Woolwich (a), Bournemouth (a), Huddersfield (h), Man City (a), Brighton (h)........Two games against City still to go and an away trip to Woolwich to deal with.

The goons have Huddersfield (h), Southampton (a), Burnley (h), Brighton (a), Liverpool (a), Fulham (h), West Ham (a), Chelsea (h), Cardiff (h), Man City (a), Huddersfield (a), Southampton (h)......Away to Liverpool, a game vs Chelsea and a trip to Man City.

No top five team for us until spring now yet the two directly below us have games that directly impact the loss of points for those around us. We simply have to make this glut of games count

I honestly dont think we're good enough to win the league this year but I agree it's a great run of games coming up and our rivals will drop points over the same period. We need to push as high as we can, and not drop silly points.

Dtr497SWkAAHapb.jpg

Fucking hell.

Get in the fucking sea.
I can, and never WILL understand the half-and-half scarf...
If you go to a football match to support a TEAM, then why the fuck would you want an opposition's badge/name on the one thing that defines your support?
I get that tourists want summit to remember the day by... but If you want a momento of the 'occasion' then buy a fucking programme!
At least it has more info in it than a knitted scarf that offends BOTH clubs!!

Yep,that's how i saw it as well.We also took our foot of the accelerator,hate it when we do that, go for the kill.
Credit to them in the 2nd half though, they deserved their goal.
I guess we’re just in amongst a very tough set of fixtures. However, given how annoyed Hugo was getting, I don’t think there was any plan to be quite so slack. Can’t help thinking City and Pool would have racked up 6-7 goals in a similar situation. Still, 3 points was ultimately all that was required.

Last edited:
Dtr497SWkAAHapb.jpg

Fucking hell.

Get in the fucking sea.
Could be one of the ‘Finale’ scarfs or simply their ‘lucky’ scarf. I was more perplexed as to why anyone would want a match day half and half scarf for a game like yesterday. Not exactly an “I was there!” moment.

If you go to a football match to support a TEAM, then why the fuck would you want an opposition's badge/name on the one thing that defines your support?
I get that tourists want summit to remember the day by... but If you want a momento of the 'occasion' then buy a fucking programme!
So I have bought 2 half and halfs in my life

First one was FC Twente as it was my first Champions League game in our first season

It is hung on the wall in my study along with club scarves from 91 onward, and my seat from Park Lane

Second was from the Barca game, which am delivering to NY Spurs in a few weeks when they host me and the family for the Everton Game at Flannery's, to go up on the wall in the bar

First one was FC Twente as it was my first Champions League game in our first season

It is hung on the wall in my study along with club scarves from 91 onward, and my seat from Park Lane

Second was from the Barca game, which am delivering to NY Spurs in a few weeks when they host me and the family for the Everton Game at Flannery's, to go up on the wall in the bar
Ah, the justified half and half scarf!! No shame there... I (as Inter are my Italian team) was sorely tempted to get a Spurs/Inter H&H scarf last week...
Most people have a foreign club they follow as well as their domestic team... and occasionally, those two clubs meet in Europe!

I think the problem a lot of us have, is the H&H scarves with two teams from the same LEAGUE on them!!
That's what I struggle with!

Ah, the justified half and half scarf!! No shame there... I (as Inter are my Italian team) was sorely tempted to get a Spurs/Inter H&H scarf last week...
Most people have a foreign club they follow as well as their domestic team... and occasionally, those two clubs meet in Europe!

I think the problem a lot of us have, is the H&H scarves with two teams from the same LEAGUE on them!!
That's what I struggle with!
Totally agree - I have to suppress the urge to torch the fake scarf store at the bottom of the Wembley tube steps every time I go past and both my mate and I play I spy half and half wanker up Olympic Way

BTW, never wore that scarf - the only one I ever wear in 20 odd years of going is a white and blue bar scarf

I think half and half scarfs are absolutely fine when it comes to European games. European away games are a great experience unless you are being stabbed in the arse by Roma/Lazio ultras. I've never bought one and would do so as I don't even buy programmes any more, but for those that collect momentoes, I get it. Half and half scarfs for PL games is a massive no no. But then I'm certain that they are only bought by tourists anyway, which I think in that case is fine if you aren't a supporter of either side playing.

First and only time I've ever bought a half and half scarf - Brighton at Wembley last year. I got my brother in law a ticket as a Christmas present and it seemed a decent way of commemorating it - he's a huge Brighton fan and the clubs haven't met much in the time I've known him. I can't really think of many circumstances other than that where it'd be acceptable.

Sky Go is completely blocked from exporting from the phone, unless you can find some hardcore hack. I had the same plan a while back, share the Sky with my Dad. Plenty of streams can do it though.

if you mirror your phone's screen then you can. Full screen on game on your phone. of course its mirrored. then its sorted except for when you get some dodgy texts or whatsapp messages lol

if you mirror your phone's screen then you can. Full screen on game on your phone. of course its mirrored. then its sorted except for when you get some dodgy texts or whatsapp messages lol
Doesn't work for me unfortunately. It comes up with an error message saying Skygo cannot be mirrored or words to that effect. . Maybe I don't have the right subscription.

One

I use ace stream in the uk, however I seem to be struggling to find decent codes and end up using crappy streams. Do you have a website where you get the copy and paste codes from?
I use Reddit for that. There is a subreddit called r/soccerstreams (Soccer Streams) where you find the game and in the comments there are usually quite a few to choose from. I haven't had a problem yet.

Flannerys I'm sure l walked past it a few weeks back.
Has loads of Spurs flags up inside and out . I think we were on our way to Chelsea village.
Enjoy the game.

Now I just need to work out how to stream sky sports mobile from my phone to TV for saturday’s game. Mirroring doesn’t work, & the £25 HDMI to phone to TV cable that I bought today doesn’t either. The bloke must have seen me coming, assuring me it was the cable I needed for sky sports mobile to a 4G telly. He will certainly see me coming tomorrow when I take it back. Money back or I’ll string the fucker up with it. Cheeky cunt.
:nawty:

Not sure if anyone has replied yet as I've not read through all the comments - Sky and BT have software built into their apps that detect when you are trying to mirror and then stops the stream from playing. Although on BT I believe you can mirror using Chromecast but maybe one of the other guys can clarify?

Not sure if anyone has replied yet as I've not read through all the comments - Sky and BT have software built into their apps that detect when you are trying to mirror and then stops the stream from playing. Although on BT I believe you can mirror using Chromecast but maybe one of the other guys can clarify?

BT have a built in mirroring function through chromecast, Sky don't but with an Android it's just a case of turning on the mirroring through your phone settings. It's the whole screen and pretty shit quality though so tend not to bother.

Back
Top Bottom