Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. To clarify, I'm not expecting us to do that anytime soon, especially not with the stadium to pay off and no bloody naming rights announced as of yet.

But holy crap, a big signing in midfield and we could be...
:kanegoal:

Without doubt.

An extra striker and yes, a midfielder and we maybe need a central defender and a full back.

At what cost and at what loss of other personnel?

But we need to not let this opportunity pass us by. Our star is high and there will or should be players ďesperate to play for us.

Are we bold enough???

Great pressing for the 3rd.

Absolutely wasteful with almost every single cross. Think it was 1 successful cross out of 8. I mean, it would probably have just been better to pass inside to Eriksen and let him create something.

To be fair, he did pass to Eriksen (10 times), it was the most frequent passing combo involving any of our AM/Forwards.

His crossing was naff tonight though.

Last edited:
Didnt think winks ran the midfield. He received the ball and passed it sideways many times. But dont think in any of our goals or chances, we could trace it back to winks somehow starting the attack. If anything Eriksen had to drop back far too collect the ball. Maybe theres a stat which makes him look great, Im not sure.

Passes 50
Forward passes 26
Square 14

90% complete

I don't think he was wonderful tonight. But I wish Poch would stop playing CM2's that clearly aren't up to it. Drop Eriksen back in there and play a CM3, where he does a kind of 4/8/10 hybrid playmaker/metronome/creator job.

Basic comfortable win against a very poor side, not one Spurs player had to get out of second gear in this one, it was a walk in the park from 1st minute to last minute ...

The incredible over analysis of what was little more than a practice session defies logic "struggled to cross" "out of position" "a bit static" ... yup probably all true, but that's because it just didn't matter ...

Some of the posters on here will only be happy when player 'xxxxx' has run himself to death to make perfect passes-crosses-tackles in a game that's already won ... and then moan like feck when said player then gets injured or looks knackered ....

Guys it was only Southampton ... we cruised through the game ... just enjoy ...

Last edited:
Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Strange match. Total domination in first half, followed by what I would describe as difficult to watch. Rare that see Spurs sit back and defend and lose the possession battle. Seems like we’d be pressed to knock in some goals considering we were behind Woolwich on goal differential.

2. Hugo was huge-o. World class saves. MOTM for me.

3. Son, Harry, and Tripps were all solid. Son keeps improving and improving. Tripp’s adds ALOT in the attack.

4. Toby commanded the defense even without Verts. Should be in the 11 every chance he gets. Lots of pressure in the second half, which for the most part was handled well. Hated to see the clean sheet get shat away again.

5. Rose played his guts out, but seems to has lost some the blazing speed.

6. Winks back passing is getting ugly

7. Used my NBCSN Gold plan for the second time this year. Down to $22.50 per game to watch on a 9 inch iPad

:levylol:

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Strange match. Total domination in first half, followed by what I would describe as difficult to watch. Rare that see Spurs sit back and defend and lose the possession battle. Seems like we’d be pressed to knock in some goals considering we were behind Woolwich on goal differential.

2. Hugo was huge-o. World class saves. MOTM for me.

3. Son, Harry, and Tripps were all solid. Son keeps improving and improving. Tripp’s adds ALOT in the attack.

4. Toby commanded the defense even without Verts. Should be in the 11 every chance he gets. Lots of pressure in the second half, which for the most part was handled well. Hated to see the clean sheet get shat away again.

wanted to like but had to just funny instead.

This was a perfect game for Tripps to play in. He thrives when we can credibly attack and dominate.
Toby looked very composed. Handled danger well.
Winks has had a funny old season so far. I hope he can settle into a better rhythm.

7. Used my NBCSN Gold plan for the second time this year. Down to $22.50 per game to watch on a 9 inch iPad

Trying to watch Spurs legally in the US is a fucking joke and is horribly expensive!
Levy and co, if ur reading this: send help!

How bout Foyth though! Picked himself up from the last few games and put in an excellent performance!
I loved watching him boss Gabbiadini in the corner to kill of the first half. Gabbs isn't the strongest forward out there but is still pretty strong- Foyth held him off with ease!

We're missing Dembele badly.

You can look at many a game this season and see that Wanyama, Sissoko, Winks, and Dier have not played well enough in any combination.

Flame me all you want, but when we have got turned over this season, the area of the pitch where those players predominantly operate has been a concern.

They are all good players don't get me wrong but at the highest level of the game, this is the area that i would like to see us improve the most.

:levylol:

Trying to watch Spurs legally in the US is a fucking joke and is horribly expensive!

Look into acestream and don't look back. I've been able to get ad free, full HD games with little lag all for free. It's how I was able to watch today and it worked out great.

Ace Stream

wanted to like but had to just funny instead.

This was a perfect game for Tripps to play in. He thrives when we can credibly attack and dominate.
Toby looked very composed. Handled danger well.
Winks has had a funny old season so far. I hope he can settle into a better rhythm.

How bout Foyth though! Picked himself up from the last few games and put in an excellent performance!
I loved watching him boss Gabbiadini in the corner to kill of the first half. Gabbs isn't the strongest forward out there but is still pretty strong- Foyth held him off with ease!
You're 'lucky' , there was no legal way to watch that game live last night in the UK. Ridiculous of course.

Back
Top Bottom