Tottenham Hotspur v. Southampton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was never easy and 3-0 would have flattered us. No bookings, 3 points and no obvious injuries. Good day but not as easy as it looks.

We scored the third and went to sleep. Lots of games so I'm not too fussed about it but annoyed Kane was still kept on. Their goal looked miles offside

Cheers. Yeah it was a joy to watch. Even had half-time and post-match goals from the other games.

Thanks to OnlineAlias OnlineAlias for posting the link to the site where I eventually found it. Always happy to do my bit helping fellow Yids to watch us play. I don’t think there were many good ones about, so got a bit lucky with that one.

As for the game, that was the perfect tonic. Moura needed a goal, and Son has a habit of scoring in batches, so that was encouraging. SCBC’s goal was offside, but to be fair they probably deserved one (even if Lloris put in a legendary performance).

Up to third. United and Woolwich drop 2 points, and Chelsea drop 3. A good evening.
Now I just need to work out how to stream sky sports mobile from my phone to TV for saturday’s game. Mirroring doesn’t work, & the £25 HDMI to phone to TV cable that I bought today doesn’t either. The bloke must have seen me coming, assuring me it was the cable I needed for sky sports mobile to a 4G telly. He will certainly see me coming tomorrow when I take it back. Money back or I’ll string the fucker up with it. Cheeky cunt.
:nawty:

Thought Tripps had a really good game tonight, dropped off a bit before he came off, but good performance.
Had a hand in 2 of the goals.
Me too, always well positioned, hope he's not badly hurt.

I enjoyed Danny Rose's game too, he's by far our best left back. Given that was his first 90 minutes in ages I thought he was ace.

Really failing to see the negative vibe about this game, it was so, so comfortable, we managed it superbly. Winks was fantastic, Ericsen and Son had them on the back foot throughout...

We have a massive game in Europe coming up, what on earth do people want? Was there a second in this game where you were even slightly concerned?

Really? I thought we were fine. Winks ran midfield, we could have had more. I really enjoyed it, but a bottle of 2014 red may have smoothed over the cracks
Didnt think winks ran the midfield. He received the ball and passed it sideways many times. But dont think in any of our goals or chances, we could trace it back to winks somehow starting the attack. If anything Eriksen had to drop back far too collect the ball. Maybe theres a stat which makes him look great, Im not sure.

It did feel like we were fine. I think thats because we got an early lead and the opponents were..southampton. All our goals had Southampton's incompetence play a huge hand in them. And they still managed to hit the post 3 times against us and f-ed up a couple of other chances. Against a better team and the woodwork not putting in a worldclass performance...I'd be worried. Not that Im complaining, may the woodwork save us every match!

Now I just need to work out how to stream sky sports mobile from my phone to TV for saturday’s game. Mirroring doesn’t work, & the £25 HDMI to phone to TV cable that I bought today doesn’t either. The bloke must have seen me coming, assuring me it was the cable I needed for sky sports mobile to a 4G telly. He will certainly see me coming tomorrow when I take it back. Money back or I’ll string the fucker up with it. Cheeky cunt.
:nawty:
Sky Go is completely blocked from exporting from the phone, unless you can find some hardcore hack. I had the same plan a while back, share the Sky with my Dad. Plenty of streams can do it though.

Had to listen to it on the radio, sounded fairly routine, seems like we were trying to conserve energy once we were 3-0.

Decent night overall, shame Burnley couldn’t do anything against Liverpool, but wasn’t expecting anything.

Let’s do Leicester over and onto Barca.

It's hard to judge these games simply because it's a midweek game after a tough week and a very tough fixture list coming up (Christmas period) so it's more a case of win the game as easy and as comfortably as you can without exerting too much energy.

We have a tougher game on Saturday night against Leicester who I think will be tricky to beat. We lost their last season and were very poor so a big opportunity to improve on last season again and pick up all 3 points. But you just know Poch may also have one eye on Barcelona in the week.

Didnt think winks ran the midfield. He received the ball and passed it sideways many times. But dont think in any of our goals or chances, we could trace it back to winks somehow starting the attack. If anything Eriksen had to drop back far too collect the ball. Maybe theres a stat which makes him look great, Im not sure.

It did feel like we were fine. I think thats because we got an early lead and the opponents were..southampton. All our goals had Southampton's incompetence play a huge hand in them. And they still managed to hit the post 3 times against us and f-ed up a couple of other chances. Against a better team and the woodwork not putting in a worldclass performance...I'd be worried. Not that Im complaining, may the woodwork save us every match!
Dier was screening the back four throughout, I suppose to protect Juanito who I thought had a really good game too.

Winks had a big responsibility for the centre midfield, I thought he owned it for 90 minutes.

There's nothing wrong with sideways passes, they're a key part of every midfielder's craft

Back home. Feel I earned my spurs being there. Credit to everyone who went and backed the side. Forwards looked good today but we were quite loose throughout at the back. Win should do all who played some good. Hugo was immense. Could easily have been 6-3.

It's hard to judge these games simply because it's a midweek game after a tough week and a very tough fixture list coming up (Christmas period) so it's more a case of win the game as easy and as comfortably as you can without exerting too much energy.

We have a tougher game on Saturday night against Leicester who I think will be tricky to beat. We lost their last season and were very poor so a big opportunity to improve on last season again and pick up all 3 points. But you just know Poch may also have one eye on Barcelona in the week.
Yep.
On the stream I was watching the commentator said we had 10 games in 40 days.
WTF, in this day and age that is just crazy.
(If true, I haven't checked)

Yep.
On the stream I was watching the commentator said we had 10 games in 40 days.
WTF, in this day and age that is just crazy.
(If true, I haven't checked)

We have 10 games in 36 days. So it probably would have been 11 games in 40 days including tonights game against Southampton. Which is indeed incredible.

that score is a joke
tenor.gif

Sky Go is completely blocked from exporting from the phone, unless you can find some hardcore hack. I had the same plan a while back, share the Sky with my Dad. Plenty of streams can do it though.
I’d read that, but thought I’d make enquiries anyway at one of these back street mobile phone shops to see if there was a way around it other than jailbreaking the phone.
I told the bloke I could mirror from phone to TV except for sky sports mobile and was just enquiring if there was any other way. Out pops this fucking cable from under the counter so I thought I was onto a winner. Gullible as fuck I am
:goonermong:

Back
Top Bottom