Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've no doubt you sincerely believe in this moral crusade of ours.
Unfortunately your argument falls to pieces so long as we have the highest ticket prices in the world.

Levy/ENIC obviously wants to make as much money as possible, and if spurs play well or even win things then thats a nice bonus.

I was thinking more about the example and philosophy set by Poch. No one comes out looking pretty in modern football, but he is a good start.

Last edited:
Unfortunately your argument falls to pieces so long as we have the highest ticket prices in the world.
Premier League clubs ranked by most expensive single-match tickets in 2018/19:

1. Woolwich – £97
2. Chelsea – £87
3. West Ham United – £80
4. Tottenham Hotspur – £75

I must say, it is unlike you to get your facts wrong.

:levywhoa:

He would get even more elsewhere

We're a big club, massively over achieving considering overall expenditure - surely that can be denied.
A big club yes. Smashing attendance records left right and centre backs that up.

Massively over achieving??
Massively under achieving more like.
Just one league cup in nearly 2 Decades of ENIC ownership = the most barren trophy haul in the football clubs history.

Case closed

A big club yes. Smashing attendance records left right and centre backs that up.

Massively over achieving??
Massively under achieving more like.
Just one league cup in nearly 2 Decades of ENIC ownership = the most barren trophy haul in the football clubs history.

Case closed

Failed to qualify for Europe's premier competitions from 1961 to 2010 - that's five decades - qualified four times in the last eight years ....

Case Reopened .......

To even attempt to argue that the two decades under ENIC have not seen our club moving to a whole new level ... it's just plain daft ....

Club Wembley is more than £75 for a lot of games
If I were a betting man, club wembley is classed as hospitality and not included in ticket price surveys.( Stuff like the tunnel clubs would add a quid to the average price alone.)
Of course, these surveys don't always compare like for like in terms of seat location, just the price.

Failed to qualify for Europe's premier competitions from 1961 to 2010 - that's five decades - qualified four times in the last eight years ....

Case Reopened .......

To even attempt to argue that the two decades under ENIC have not seen our club moving to a whole new level ... it's just plain daft ....
To be fair if 4 top places were taken into consideration since 61 we would have been in it a few times.
Around 5 times in the 60s
1 time in the 70s
5 times in the 80
Add on a lovely bunch of silverware .

Then the rot of Sugar years .

Last edited:
To be honest mate those clubs that spend huge sums on building successful side are not too bothered about all that when they continue to Hoover up trophies.
I appreciate what your saying but when shit clubs like west ham spend 100m then those figures kind of seem out dated unfortunately.

He uses Liverpool / Van Dijk as an example and you talk about clubs hoovering up trophies?! :deledoubt:

Premier League clubs ranked by most expensive single-match tickets in 2018/19:

1. Woolwich – £97
2. Chelsea – £87
3. West Ham United – £80
4. Tottenham Hotspur – £75

I must say, it is unlike you to get your facts wrong.

:levywhoa:
London: Tottenham reveals the most expensive season tickets ever – StadiumDB.com

Spurs to have costliest season ticket in Britain at £2,200 and fans are angry

Spurs' ticket pricing rise worries fans

Sorry to have to post this, but even you must agree that any talk of doing things the right way or being some last moral bastion as mentioned earlier, is just bollocks so long as we charge unparalleled ticket prices.

Doing things the right way? Or the tight way?

Charging our fans more than all our rivals, While spending far less on the team than all our rivals.

Hardly seems the moral high ground to me old chap

Sorry to have to post this, but even you must agree that any talk of doing things the right way or being some last moral bastion as mentioned earlier, is just bollocks so long as we charge unparalleled ticket prices.

Charging our fans more than all our rivals, While spending far less on the team than all our rivals.

Conveniently forgetting the billion pounds we've just spent on improving the facilities for the fans ... take that into account and we've spent as much or more than all our rivals ... wouldn't be much point having the best players and no ground would there?

Come opening day (whenever the feck that is) you won't find many 'angry' fans I can assure you ....

London: Tottenham reveals the most expensive season tickets ever – StadiumDB.com

Spurs' ticket pricing rise worries fans

Those season tickets have not been incorporated into our spending though, seeing as we aren't in the stadium and many of those that have purchased them have been refunded for those games that have been missed.

So, again, your facts are wrong.

Can't moan about not spending the money from season tickets when the money has been given back to the fans and will be held for further refunds until we can start attending.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom