PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is Mick trying to master a racially offensive patois.
New depths.
I can do it in a Scottish version if you prefer. I'm sorry that my attempt at imitating a cartoon Chicken offends you.
Is this constant carping and fault finding your way of compensating for a small dick or are you just ill equipped for cogent thought?
:dierpochhug:

Oh look, who would have thought those two would have agreed with you? What wonderful bedfellows you make.

Jesus Gazza that is a brave move

How have we become so bad at the back?!?

Come on that Dele - that is so poor

Jesus how

What a fraud Aurier is.

Poch - best cup manager ever!!

Won’t even get into the UEFA cup at this rate. I would say we as bad as Woolwich in the CL but at least they use to get past the group stage.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mm, I did not go through everything in this topic but as far as I did, I did not noticed this being said -

IT IS ALL ON OUR HANDS AGAIN!!

If we win both remaining games (Incl 1:0, 2:0; 3:1 or by bigger margin against Inter) then we are through!!! No need to look at other games results.

Come on guys! Let's make it happen!!
To dare (or dream) is to do!

Still waiting for "so-called" Spurs fans criticising Harry Kane to apologise on this forum.....

Have they all gone to bed??
in my opinion. No player should be above critique. But we should always aim to keep it constructive and not go all in burying them.

I think everyone of us know that Kane has that Xfactor, and some probably have become a bit accustomed to him almost scoring with every touch (I too have been caught up in this). but the important part is not going full burial and sticking with our players

Basically we need to beat inter and pray that barca BEAT PSV. They'll then be group winners and we can then only hope and pray that they rest some key players against us......

That inter draw changed everything. Still could have sneaked through with a loss at Barca. Now its just plain impossible. Even if we beat inter AND Barca. We need inter to draw or lose against PSV. Hope I'm wrong but don't see it all happening
What?
Nah if we beat inter 1-0 or by more than one goal we will be ahead of them on head to head, which I believe counts before goal difference in the champions league.
Barca will have won the group by then. They will have nothing to play for.
It's a long shot, but after the amount of self-sabotage in this competition it's a miracle qualification is still in our hands.

>Wretched performance
What hot garbage. Who gets paid to write this sensationalist bollocks?
It's an absolute miracle PSV got anything out of these two games.
We hammered them for 180 minutes and were denied the full points by a mix of abysmal refereeing, miraculous goal keeping and sheer bad luck. Yet in spite of all that we still dug deep and got the win.

Fuck the media and all the cum guzzlers that work in it. We're the only club that does things properly and all they do is shit on us while fawning over a team who are funded by literal blood money from a slave state.

We do things the right way and then get fucked by stadium delays and other assorted bullshit. And you know what? We keep going. Because we can take. I pray, pray, pray for the day the premier league funding bubble bursts and all the other overleveraged tinpot clubs go belly up.

Just looking at some previous times Barcelona have qualified early to check out what their team on the final group day was:

2017-18: Cillesen; Semedo, Pique, Vermaelen, Digne; Vidal, Rakitic, D.Suarez, Gomes; L. Suarez, Alcacer.
Beat Sporting 2-0 at home.

2016-17: Cillesen; Vidal, Umtiti, Mascherano, Digne; D. Suarez, Iniesta, Gomes; Turan, Messi, Alcacer.
Beat Gladbach 4-0 at home.

2015-16: Ter Stegen; Adriano, Vermaelen, Bartra Alba; Rakitic, Samper, Kaptoum; Messi, Sandro, Munir.
Drew 1-1 with Leverkusen away.

I'd say they definitely weaken the team. Though at Barcelona, a weakened team is still ridiculously strong. If I had to hazard a guess at the potential team they'd put out against us, I'd say something like this:

Cillesen
Semedo - Lenglet - Umtiti - Alba
Rafinha - Vidal - Arthur
Dembele - Messi - Munir
Though it may even be stronger than that and whether they feel Busquets should play or not. I think the lack of Busquets would help us greatly. I think Messi will definitely play to get his match fitness back up following his injury. Even if it is a similar team to that, it's still ridiculously strong and we'd have to be at our best for 90 minutes to win it, let alone draw.

Even if Inter would have lost last night we would have still had to have beat them and got something away at barca anyway right?

Yes, but it means we COULD have potentially relied on PSV putting in defensive masterclass or their keeper having a worldy and stealing a point and then we could have drawn away at the Nou Camp and gone through on H2H.

Now as it stands, we simply have to beat Inter Milan and Barcelona. Who said Spurs like doing it the easy way!?

Watched the game in a pub , so didn’t get to see it all but every time I looked up we were attacking so it looked as though we deserved it .

Good to get a win finally . That should secure our europa position now. Looking forward to it , as we could win it .

Back
Top Bottom