PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This team just stuck at it and at it and at it. Trusted themselves that the win was there if they kept playing their football. Utter domination and completely deserved victory.

I thought everyone played well, with the exception of Davies & Son in the first half and Winks in the first 15min or so. Winks ended up being brilliant and Davies turned it on in the 2nd half (again just think of the number of games this lad had just had to play, 3 full games in 8 days!!) and Son improved too.

Mentions:
Lucas - runs in the first half were a sight to behold, such a shame he didn't get the goal with the 70yrd dribble past 5 of their players. This is what we need from him, break their lines, turn their defence. 3 games in 8 days from him!!!

Winks - He was in CM as almost the lone man, and following his showing without the ball against Wolves I was a tad worried, but he tracked so many of their runs tonight and got his body between oppo and the ball countless times (also worthy of say how Eriksen was also here as whilst Winks was on the oppo he came in on the other side and just toed the ball away).

Dele - superb in the first half, full of running and energy, stretching PSV, god we've missed him, beautiful flick in the first half that I thought was going in. Great link up too. Began to fade in the last 15mins, understandable, great to have you back.

Eriksen - Ran the midfield, much of his stuff he did from deep today, he's so important to this team, still needs to get up to speed and sharpness but like Dele so glad to see you back.

Gazzaniga - Had fuck all to do all game but was called on twice and delivered with two super saves. Spoke with someone (I think it you ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik , sorry if not) on here a few days ago about his feet, I said I hadn't seen any evidence that he was good, well I have now, TICK. Got sold short by Toby and performed a lovely Cryuff turn, also less dramatic Winks twice under-hit a pass to him which meant he had to come smartly out of his box to play it.

Llorente - Lovely touch from him to lay it off to Kane for our first goal, this is what you are supposed to do.

Poch - We've just played 4 games in 8 days, won 3 of them. The defeat being a narrow 0-1 against City, a game that with a bit of luck we should have drawn! He's done this with so many injuries to add an extra layer of complexity to his rotation. Fucking excellent job!!

Still have it all to do thanks to that wanker Icardi, just like when we played them he scored from his only attempt on goal in the dying moments. But we were the far superior side in Milan, play like we did tonight and we will beat them. By then Barca will probably be confirmed top spot in the group, so will they put out a weakened side????

Up The Spurs!
Careful !
Blakey won't be pleased

Davies has been a good player for us. He's earned our faith through a rough patch. As I've said all along, id be much happier with our defensive lineup if fate allowed Davies AND Rose were our two starting fullbacks and that trippier and aurier were our subs.

He's looked rough, but our entire defense has been looking a bit off this season.
Loads of positives tonight but dont let the good result distort how av. davies is, wouldnt say that last season but even today he was average

Holy smoke , that was some comeback dudes. Captain Kane saves the day .
Totally deserved , should have had another 5 .
Play like this and Barcelona won't know what hits them . See us getting through as we've turned a corner

This team just stuck at it and at it and at it. Trusted themselves that the win was there if they kept playing their football. Utter domination and completely deserved victory.

I thought everyone played well, with the exception of Davies & Son in the first half and Winks in the first 15min or so. Winks ended up being brilliant and Davies turned it on in the 2nd half (again just think of the number of games this lad had just had to play, 3 full games in 8 days!!) and Son improved too.

Mentions:
Lucas - runs in the first half were a sight to behold, such a shame he didn't get the goal with the 70yrd dribble past 5 of their players. This is what we need from him, break their lines, turn their defence. 3 games in 8 days from him!!!

Winks - He was in CM as almost the lone man, and following his showing without the ball against Wolves I was a tad worried, but he tracked so many of their runs tonight and got his body between oppo and the ball countless times (also worthy of say how Eriksen was also here as whilst Winks was on the oppo he came in on the other side and just toed the ball away).

Dele - superb in the first half, full of running and energy, stretching PSV, god we've missed him, beautiful flick in the first half that I thought was going in. Great link up too. Began to fade in the last 15mins, understandable, great to have you back.

Eriksen - Ran the midfield, much of his stuff he did from deep today, he's so important to this team, still needs to get up to speed and sharpness but like Dele so glad to see you back.

Gazzaniga - Had fuck all to do all game but was called on twice and delivered with two super saves. Spoke with someone (I think it you ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik , sorry if not) on here a few days ago about his feet, I said I hadn't seen any evidence that he was good, well I have now, TICK. Got sold short by Toby and performed a lovely Cryuff turn, also less dramatic Winks twice under-hit a pass to him which meant he had to come smartly out of his box to play it.

Llorente - Lovely touch from him to lay it off to Kane for our first goal, this is what you are supposed to do.

Poch - We've just played 4 games in 8 days, won 3 of them. The defeat being a narrow 0-1 against City, a game that with a bit of luck we should have drawn! He's done this with so many injuries to add an extra layer of complexity to his rotation. Fucking excellent job!!

Still have it all to do thanks to that wanker Icardi, just like when we played them he scored from his only attempt on goal in the dying moments. But we were the far superior side in Milan, play like we did tonight and we will beat them. By then Barca will probably be confirmed top spot in the group, so will they put out a weakened side????

Up The Spurs!
Guido, Guido, Guido.

This is not how to whine and bitch at all!

Yo' need to set up your own tread first of all. (Schoolboy error)
Then you need put in a thread OP that takes about a month to read........

an' seriously guy! What is it with your bitchin' and player assassinations? You have got to work on those! At times I almost felt that you actually support the club.

Nice try bro' - but you got to work hard on your Spurs slatin' - aint nobody goan 'tink you know about the game if you doan shit every one of our team and trash the manager!

Now you go back and think about what you done here. You has to try much harder.

Or John Thomas woan' come suck yo' dick an' make us all embarras again!

Guido, Guido, Guido.

This is not how to whine and bitch at all!

Yo' need to set up your own tread first of all. (Schoolboy error)
Then you need put in a thread OP that takes about a month to read........

an' seriously guy! What is it with your bitchin' and player assassinations? You have got to work on those! At times I almost felt that you actually support the club.

Nice try bro' - but you got to work hard on your Spurs slatin' - aint nobody goan 'tink you know about the game if you doan shit every one of our team and trash the manager!

Now you go back and think about what you done here. You has to try much harder.

Or John Thomas woan' come suck yo' dick an' make us all embarras again!
Why can't I funny this more than once.
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Didn't see any of the game. From what everyone seems to be saying though it sounds like we deserved to win, and actually held our nerves this time..but very sadly the damage is already done from the inter and psv away games..plux they stole a draw at Barca tonight.. I don't like saying this but j would rather skip the europa shit league. Maybe we can scrape into 4th if we do

Ahhhh mate, don't leave us hanging.

Seriously though, hope it was nothing too serious and everyone's OK.
:adethumbup:
Only getting from behind from a so call Tottenham fan and getting jumped on from the old bill

That inter draw changed everything. Still could have sneaked through with a loss at Barca. Now its just plain impossible. Even if we beat inter AND Barca. We need inter to draw or lose against PSV. Hope I'm wrong but don't see it all happening

That inter draw changed everything. Still could have sneaked through with a loss at Barca. Now its just plain impossible. Even if we beat inter AND Barca. We need inter to draw or lose against PSV. Hope I'm wrong but don't see it all happening
Well, if we beat Inter and Barcelona we are on 10 points. If Inter beat PSV in their last game they are on 10 points as well.

Nikesh said:
Spurs beat Inter 2-0 and win at Barca will do.

Have a moment of sympathy for Thierry Henry bringing on two 17 year-olds in Monaco's 0-4 home defeat to a Belgium team.

BTW he is a Sky "Expert".......

You are wrong. If we win both our games we need to have a better head to head record Vs inter regardless of their result against PSV.

Back
Top Bottom