PSV (H) MUST WIN GAME

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lorente and Kane in future perhaps???

I don’t think Poch would go for it as it’s been tried before and didn’t work

More of a last resort scenario but it worked thank fuck

I still can’t work out why Lucas got taken off unless he was injured

This is football. Fans are very passionate about their team. It's a passionate game.
When we're playing shit or losing, we get frustrated and melt. When we score a late winner we explode with joy!
These are the reactions of football fans worldwide. It's not unique to Spurs.

I think we all get that, feck these players drive me nuts as well, but it's the same people writing the same stuff over and over .... who can't already predict Bus-Conducter's post match whinge?

Who on earth goes on the internet during a game to slag off the team they supposedly support? why would you? Scream at the telly, throw your beer, but jump online to whine? that's just lame .....

The same goes for the little group (we all know who you are) who seem to spend an eternity running around this site placing dislikes, no reason or comment, just dislike ... same people over and over ... come on John how sad is that?

If you dislike something, which is fair enough, then as you and most rational posters do post why you dislike it ... to run around disliking every post by another user? that's kindergarten stuff ... but I guess children will play .....

Used to be fun winding up the idiots, but it's to easy when they bite at anything ...

Last edited:
I have this awful feeling that despite what we do tonight, inter are going to grab something against Barcelona.
I’m trying hard to be optimistic, because I do think we will beat PSV tonight, but that draw against them has left us in a bloody horrible position. And you just know that Inter will cheat, cheat & cheat again to get the second spot.
Hope I’m wrong but my gut is telling me CL qualification will be a pipe dream after tonight.
And tonight’s lottery numbers are...
FFS we cannot catch a break in this year’s CL.
:walker-scream:

He played 79 minutes on Saturday and has taken some knocks in recent games. Most likely a general fitness preservation substitute considering our injury list.

I'd literally go for someone if they said anything bad about Daws as of it were them talking about my niece & nephews! I fucking love the guy, he'll always be welcome back at the Lane. Proper yid!
200.gif

Yes, of course temporal context means nothing in your world and the end justifies the means, no? And all other possible outcomes would not be possible had he been subbed, like someone else scoring a hattrick even earlier from our improved fliudity if the sub had occurred. This is the only way it could have occurred. You're a smart one. Thanks for calling me out. I am so ashamed.

Lighten up, ya div! :nawty:

'Fings I Thought :

Winks tidy again, could be key this season given we thought signing players was so 2017
Eriksen either not fit / playing through the pain barrier with this rumoured stomach injury
Dele slows the game down too much when we are chasing - dropping him deeper and still letting him use his vision may be worth a shot (even then still nearly scored, still a game winner for us in many situations)
Taking Lucas off was bizarre, genuine game winner and we take him off
Llorente and Kane DOES work, particularly if we are going to thump in 357894279 crosses
Gazza's turn took some bollocks
Son not great
Big Dav / Toby doesnt make me feel as comfortable as Big Dav / Jan

This team just stuck at it and at it and at it. Trusted themselves that the win was there if they kept playing their football. Utter domination and completely deserved victory.

I thought everyone played well, with the exception of Davies & Son in the first half and Winks in the first 15min or so. Winks ended up being brilliant and Davies turned it on in the 2nd half (again just think of the number of games this lad had just had to play, 3 full games in 8 days!!) and Son improved too.

Mentions:
Lucas - runs in the first half were a sight to behold, such a shame he didn't get the goal with the 70yrd dribble past 5 of their players. This is what we need from him, break their lines, turn their defence. 3 games in 8 days from him!!!

Winks - He was in CM as almost the lone man, and following his showing without the ball against Wolves I was a tad worried, but he tracked so many of their runs tonight and got his body between oppo and the ball countless times (also worthy of say how Eriksen was also here as whilst Winks was on the oppo he came in on the other side and just toed the ball away).

Dele - superb in the first half, full of running and energy, stretching PSV, god we've missed him, beautiful flick in the first half that I thought was going in. Great link up too. Began to fade in the last 15mins, understandable, great to have you back.

Eriksen - Ran the midfield, much of his stuff he did from deep today, he's so important to this team, still needs to get up to speed and sharpness but like Dele so glad to see you back.

Gazzaniga - Had fuck all to do all game but was called on twice and delivered with two super saves. Spoke with someone (I think it you ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik , sorry if not) on here a few days ago about his feet, I said I hadn't seen any evidence that he was good, well I have now, TICK. Got sold short by Toby and performed a lovely Cryuff turn, also less dramatic Winks twice under-hit a pass to him which meant he had to come smartly out of his box to play it.

Llorente - Lovely touch from him to lay it off to Kane for our first goal, this is what you are supposed to do.

Poch - We've just played 4 games in 8 days, won 3 of them. The defeat being a narrow 0-1 against City, a game that with a bit of luck we should have drawn! He's done this with so many injuries to add an extra layer of complexity to his rotation. Fucking excellent job!!

Still have it all to do thanks to that wanker Icardi, just like when we played them he scored from his only attempt on goal in the dying moments. But we were the far superior side in Milan, play like we did tonight and we will beat them. By then Barca will probably be confirmed top spot in the group, so will they put out a weakened side????

Up The Spurs!

If anyone saw something going on down Wembley way after the game tonight drop me a DM .

How many times have Kane and Llorente partnered eachother?

I actually thought they worked very well at the Bernebeau last season. I certainly wouldn't be against it, the only problem is that Kane would end up in the #10 role, which he more than capable of playing, but I just prefer Kane being the guy leading the line and giving that space to someone a bit more better than Llorente.

How many times have Kane and Llorente partnered eachother?

I actually thought they worked very well at the Bernebeau last season. I certainly wouldn't be against it, the only problem is that Kane would end up in the #10 role, which he more than capable of playing, but I just prefer Kane being the guy leading the line and giving that space to someone a bit more better than Llorente.

I also think Kane prefers leading the line by himself but Llorente certainly made a difference tonight and Harry appreciated the knock down

Back
Top Bottom