Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh no doubt, but the Hugo doesn't give the defence confidence whether he's coming out or staying. He's a 31 year old World Cup winning captain who needs someone to help him out with goalkeeping 101.

Their keeper would have been out and stopped everything. But the ball never had to come near our box.

I see what you’re saying but you could turn it around and say that,because our full backs don’t inspire much confidence, Hugo feels the need to come out when he shouldn’t

I love Hugo but there’s always a mistake in him
Still our best though

Trippier , like Rose, should only play when we go with 3 at the back and wing backs. They are both good going forward but shit defenders. With a flat back 4 Aurier and Davies are safer options. I thought Davies was ok today but Trippier had another defensive nightmare.

Aurier must be watching this shit-show and probably calling his agent

No clue why Poch persists with this clogger - he’s not Top 6 quality and never will be. Only looked good at the WC because he played as a winger and never had to do any actual defending at which he’s absolutely terrible.

Forget about Aurier, we have one of the best young RBs in the league 3rd in the depth chart. If we are going to constantly be undone by mistakes from our RB I'd much prefer it to be a young player that will gain experience from rather than an aging RB who is regressing defensively.

Forget about Aurier, we have one of the best young RBs in the league 3rd in the depth chart. If we are going to constantly be undone by mistakes from our RB I'd much prefer it to be a young player that will gain experience from rather than an aging RB who is regressing defensively.
Why forget Aurier?

I think its time to give Aurier a run of games. If I'm not mistaken he's only played two games in a row once in his whole time with us. If he's still terrible after starting 4 or 5 games on the trot then fair enough, it's just not meant to be, but Trippier just simply isn't good enough, something has to give.

Why forget Aurier?
Because I think his decision making is just as suspect as Trippier's but with the added bonus of liking to dive in to tackles in the box to try to make up for his mistakes. Basically We don't currently have an ideal RB, which is why I'd argue that the bulk of the minutes should go to the young player who could develop in to a long term answer for our problem even if he isn't 100% ready yet.

Anybody else notice how both Trippier & Davies always throw their arms in the air looking for offside or a free-kick instead of working hard to get back & make a challenge?

Unfortunately neither is good enough at this level & both need replacing.

I think you could tell from Poch’s post match interview that he was pissed off. He said again that we conceded a cheap goal and that he will review the incident. Trips is great going forward but he has made too many defensive errors recently and can’t complain if he’s dropped.

He’s not a bad defender, not at all, but he’s struggling right now. We have two alternative options and they deserve a shot too.

Because I think his decision making is just as suspect as Trippier's but with the added bonus of liking to dive in to tackles in the box to try to make up for his mistakes. Basically We don't currently have an ideal RB, which is why I'd argue that the bulk of the minutes should go to the young player who could develop in to a long term answer for our problem even if he isn't 100% ready yet.

To be fair to Aurier he has looked good this season. Hasn’t played many games though so I get your argument - he could literally give a penalty away at any moment.

Back
Top Bottom