Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally the entire league outside of 6 teams are season-to-season relegation contenders. What's your point?

You have no evidence whatsoever that we've been average. Every statistical rating has us in the top 4-5 teams, by definition well above average. Real points we're 5th on goal difference and 5 points off top with a game in hand.

Do you even understand what the term average means? Fucking show one way in which Spurs are average, or shut the fuck up. You negative cunts are fucking poison.

Depends what you mean by 'average'. Would this be the median, mode or a simple mean?

Er... I watch the games and come to the conclusion that we have been decidedly average (other than United and Barca for a bit). This is a forum where people share their opinions. This is my opinion. It's as valid as yours - perhaps more so, as you're providing (other than your ten-year-old foul-mouthed rant) no evidence of how we have been 'above average'

Stats mean nothing as they can be twisted any way you like, e.g I bet our central defenders have very high pass completion rates as they constantly pass it to each other!

I'm pointing out that we have played teams mainly from the lower half of the PL and beaten them all. Great. The season can be realistically assessed after we've played the rest of the top six and some of the mid-table teams.

Hardly negative - rather logical I think.

Now blow your nose and go away.

Depends what you mean by 'average'. Would this be the median, mode or a simple mean?

Er... I watch the games and come to the conclusion that we have been decidedly average (other than United and Barca for a bit). This is a forum where people share their opinions. This is my opinion. It's as valid as yours - perhaps more so, as you're providing (other than your ten-year-old foul-mouthed rant) no evidence of how we have been 'above average'

Stats mean nothing as they can be twisted any way you like, e.g I bet our central defenders have very high pass completion rates as they constantly pass it to each other!

I'm pointing out that we have played teams mainly from the lower half of the PL and beaten them all. Great. The season can be realistically assessed after we've played the rest of the top six and some of the mid-table teams.

Hardly negative - rather logical I think.

Now blow your nose and go away.
Average isn't a subjective matter of opinion. You're using a mathematical term to try and support your negative opinions, with zero quantitative evidence.

As I've already stated the actual numbers prove that we are well above average, by any measure. Points, goal difference, shots, etc. etc. That doesn't even include the sort of advanced statistics you're trying to ridicule and say are less meaningful than your embarrassingly fuckwitted opinion.

You're a cunt. Who wastes his time posting on a football forum dedicated to a club he only pretends to like, but in fact never has anything positive to say about. Fuck off, scouser troll.

Average isn't a subjective matter of opinion. You're using a mathematical term to try and support your negative opinions, with zero quantitative evidence.

As I've already stated the actual numbers prove that we are well above average, by any measure. Points, goal difference, shots, etc. etc. That doesn't even include the sort of advanced statistics you're trying to ridicule and say are less meaningful than your embarrassingly fuckwitted opinion.

You're a cunt. Who wastes his time posting on a football forum dedicated to a club he only pretends to like, but in fact never has anything positive to say about. Fuck off, scouser troll.

Dearie me, I'm now a scouser!

A bit short on quantitative evidence on your side. I've tried (using an example) to illustrate how stats (pass completions) can be made to say anything. I've also observed that we are winning by one goal margins, against teams lower down the PL.

As I say, I've watched the games and come to an opinion - something that you're a little short of. The need to resort to insult is something most of us left behind in the playground - at about the age of ten. Clearly you've not grow out of it, or are actually ten years old. If you are, it's way past your bedtime.

I shall continue to post my opinions, and obviously annoy you - good, it's rather fun.

As for being a troll, I should look in the mirror

Anyway, more important things to do than read your endless wittering. There's an important game tomorrow that we need to get something out of.

PS Never been to Liverpool.

Goodbye.

Do you want to win the league? He costed us 8 games last season on the league, leading the goalkeepers in errors.

Toby saved him against Cardiff if I remember correctly.

Is any of you confident right now with him at goal?

More confident than when Vorm is playing

I like Gaz but Hugo still No 1

I don't mean to call for any heads (not relegating to bench, strip the armband or call for selling him), but I am getting sincerely concerned. I hope he can turn this bumpy form (I mean, no one should say it is universally bad - he got MoM award correcly for Wet Spam game!) around. I mean you would expect consistency from your keeper.

Also much has been told about his red in PSV game, but what in the world was he doing during the first one ?!?! He was not closing down the player, he was not standing the line. I struggle to come up with a scenario where his position could result in a save. It was pretty much as good as having no goalkeeper at all. Okay, the main person to be blamed was Toby, no question here. But still, I'd expect as experienced goalkeeper to try to help amend the situation... but Lloris was rly standing on no man's land.

Unfortunately, other than 45 minutes against United, and when we were chasing the game against Barca, we have been decidedly average. The wins so far have been against, Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton, Cardiff, Huddersfield, West Ham and United - most, if not all, by the odd goal. All, (let's hope including United) are relegation contenders. We have still yet to play mid-table teams like Bournemouth, Everton, Leicester, and other potential banana skins like Palace and Burnley.
It's been a great start points-wise, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Tomorrow, and the games against Woolwich and Chelsea -after them we can assess the season.
Nah. I'll asses the season once it's over, thanks. Cos that's the best time to judge how it's gone

Dearie me, I'm now a scouser!

A bit short on quantitative evidence on your side. I've tried (using an example) to illustrate how stats (pass completions) can be made to say anything. I've also observed that we are winning by one goal margins, against teams lower down the PL.

As I say, I've watched the games and come to an opinion - something that you're a little short of. The need to resort to insult is something most of us left behind in the playground - at about the age of ten. Clearly you've not grow out of it, or are actually ten years old. If you are, it's way past your bedtime.

I shall continue to post my opinions, and obviously annoy you - good, it's rather fun.

As for being a troll, I should look in the mirror
You're truly a fucking idiot. Please stop using words you have no understanding of, and just go back to sucking off Klopp. I'm short of quantitative evidence? I've stated the actual mathematical table that shows we're "above average" as well as the goal difference table, and other statistics such as shots, shots on target, shots conceded, possession, and more spooky advanced statistics such as expected goals which are really just a conglomeration of other stats.

You're the typical thick as mud football supporter. "You can make stats say anything". No, you can't. A pass completion rate is what it is. It says Spurs complete X% of their passes. You can take that figure and say it's a good thing or a bad thing, but doing so isn't quantitative but rather qualitative, ergo it's your opinion that the quality of those pass completions is negative and therefore, in your subjective opinion, it isn't benefiting the team's objective of scoring more goals than their opponents.

You then go on to say that your opinion is more important than the stats. Well, scouse cunt, your opinion is qualitative by definition and not quantitative. And it's completely unmoored to any factual evidence other than the fact that you think we're not playing well. Certainly not as well as that wonderful club up on Merseyside which was intelligently designed to compete on 4 3 fronts.

You certainly have a right to post your opinion here, unfortunately for the rest of us. And I have a right to call your opinion out as fucking disgraceful, completely untethered to the factual reality that in every quantitative measurable way we are well above average, and to question your allegiance considering you spend the majority of your time rubbishing Spurs and its ownership whilst also sucking off other clubs.

Keep you're shite opinions to yourself, you negative prick.

Whatever. I give up. You're right, o magnificent one. I shall seek your views in future before I repeat them.
You're not related to Klopp by any chance (as you keep bringing him up) as I feel at any moment you're about to self combust?
Far more important is a result tonight.
Still no idea why you think I'm a Scouser!

Whatever. I give up. You're right, o magnificent one. I shall seek your views in future before I repeat them.
You're not related to Klopp by any chance (as you keep bringing him up) as I feel at any moment you're about to self combust?
Far more important is a result tonight.
Still no idea why you think I'm a Scouser!

Your shell suit doesn’t help

:angryscouser:

Another almost fatal error from him tonight. They are becoming far too frequent now, which even his greatest defenders will havevto admit. The channel showed a pre-match montage of his last 12-month errors - didnt make pretty viewing I tell ya

Back
Top Bottom