Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see Lucas came on for Fred for the whole of the 2nd half against Saudi Arabia. Did anyone see any of the game/know how he got on?

What is an unsuccessful touch? Poor first touch? Wayward first time pass?

Wouldn't surprise me if most of those happened against Newcastle on the opening day though.

Wouldn't surprise me if most of those happened against Newcastle on the opening day though.

Is that the same Josh King that's got 4 goals in 8 PL games this season? I bet the rest of the premiership strikers would be glad to have such a poor first touch as King and Moura then.

Who is this Spurs Stats?

Is that the same Josh King that's got 4 goals in 8 PL games this season? I bet the rest of the premiership strikers would be glad to have such a poor first touch as King and Moura then.

Who is this Spurs Stats?

Fair point - but weren't all those King goals from the penalty spot?

Still not 100% sure what an unsuccessful touch is though or where one would find such stats.

An unsuccessful touch has to be when he leaps and stretches out to try and control a ball he has no business getting to but gets a toe on it anyway.

Either that or any time Sissoko touches the ball.

An unsuccessful touch has to be when he leaps and stretches out to try and control a ball he has no business getting to but gets a toe on it anyway.

Either that or any time Sissoko touches the ball.

.. But Sissoko has less unsuccessfully touches than Lucas.

:walker:

Surely he doesn't have enough games to qualify.

Checking on WhoScored.

Unsuccessful touches:

Lucas - 3.8
Sissoko - 0.7 (Last season: 0.6)

Some other of our midfielders:

Dier - 0.6 (Last season: 0.3)
Winks - 0.3 (Last season: 1.1)
Dele - 1.6 (Last season: 2.7)
Eriksen - 2.2 (Last season: 2)
Son - 2.6 (Last season: 1.8)
Dembele - 1.1 (Last season: 0.9)
Lamela - 1 (Last season: 1)

and here is how Kane does:

3.1 unsuccessful touches per game (Last season: 1.7)

So basically, its a useless stat.

Our attacking players are genuinely going to lose the ball more. Especially those who try more flicks and tricks first time. Whereas the likes of Dier, Winks, Sissoko etc. who play deeper would be less likely to take a touch and lose it.

It looks like as a team though, we're doing a lot worse with our touches this season than we were last season. Though its more likely due to the way we've been playing. Long ball to Lucas/Kane who's first time headers or touches aren't coming off etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom