Clint Dempsey

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All he does is receive the ball, get fouled, win a freekick then go missing again for 15 minutes.

It's a known fact that he wanted out of Fulham, but I wonder if he actually wanted to join Tottenham, because most of the time he looks indifferent to what is happening on the pitch.

everytime he receives a pass, without fail, he does that outside of the boot touch that knocks the ball behind him about two yards, its so pointless and just completely destroys anything we've been building on prior to that. the guy does not have a footballing brain, can't see or pick out passes, can't hold onto possession very well, how on earth did he score over 20 goals per season for fulham???

It's a known fact that he wanted out of Fulham, but I wonder if he actually wanted to join Tottenham, because most of the time he looks indifferent to what is happening on the pitch.
Interesting point, a Fulham fan said to me when he signed he didn't want to come to us as he had his heart set on Liverpool but had no choice in the end.

Of course you could say that's absolute bollox but its nice gossip mongering nonetheless.

I think he's just a classic example of a player finding life difficult when stepping up a level. No disrespec to Fulham

Interesting point, a Fulham fan said to me when he signed he didn't want to come to us as he had his heart set on Liverpool but had no choice in the end.

Of course you could say that's absolute bollox but its nice gossip mongering nonetheless.

he did make it pretty obvious that liverpool was his preferred destination

The implication that Dempsey is suddenly a crap footballer and that's why we have had a bit of a poor run is becoming tiresome. We are in desperate need of Dembele's return and the addition of another creative mid, as playing Sandro/Thud is just not going to be enough against Man City. Our offense never got started, and Bale/Lennon had a difficult time becoming involved as well. It seems very clear that we are missing that creative mid that makes an offense work. And Carlito, I don't think anyone needs shooting over a football match, regardless of hyperbole.

The implication that Dempsey is suddenly a crap footballer and that's why we have had a bit of a poor run is becoming tiresome. We are in desperate need of Dembele's return and the addition of another creative mid, as playing Sandro/Thud is just not going to be enough against Man City. Our offense never got started, and Bale/Lennon had a difficult time becoming involved as well. It seems very clear that we are missing that creative mid that makes an offense work. And Carlito, I don't think anyone needs shooting over a football match, regardless of hyperbole.
Mate, if someone isn't playing well, we're entitled to say so. In my opinion, Dempsey has been crap, I'm not going to put the caveat in that he's new or that he'll do better with Adebayor. When he's been on the pitch, he's been largely crap, it's a valid opinion.

This is weird. I'm getting shit on another thread a cm above this on for calling you cunts hippies and here's two pages calling one if our own players shite.

I don't understand anymore. I'm going to bed.

Mate, if someone isn't playing well, we're entitled to say so. In my opinion, Dempsey has been crap, I'm not going to put the caveat in that he's new or that he'll do better with Adebayor. When he's been on the pitch, he's been largely crap, it's a valid opinion.

He hasn't played well, and in no way did I intend to imply that it's not a valid opinion. Everyone's entitled to theirs. My point, however, is that laying the blame at his feet is a bit ridiculous. Dembele went out, and all of a sudden no one looks that good in attack. I would argue that there is a more significant correlation between losing Dembele and the offense going to shit than Dempsey is crap.

Back
Top Bottom