Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoughts on his role with us? I see people speculating about potential more responsibilities for Amos or Skipp but not as much for Onomah

He's been injured.

I'd like to think he's working hard and can force himself into Pochs plans. Especially if we decide to go with a 433.

I just hope he doest regain full fitness and is then sent out on loan somewhere before the end of the month.

Huge opportunity for Winks, Onomah, Amos &a Skipp this season. There's a gap in the squad to make your own come 2019. Not many opportunities like that for a kid in the Premier League let alone at one of the top 4 clubs

Especially with injuries to Wanyama and the general fitness of Dembele too.

what happened? he won the world cup, some say as a stand out player, came back, signed a new deal and *poof*.

conspiracy theory anyone?

Umm did he play in goal for Sheff Wed on Sat?

hq3JFK

Played the first 65 minutes for E u21's v Netherlands before being subbed, probably the result of having had no pre-season. Looked decent in the 0-0 draw. Hopefully he'll play that way for Sheffield Wednesday on loan

Watched the u21 Holland game and have to take in to account he's been injured and not had a proper pre-season.
Strange player, there were moments of real quality, breaking out and carrying the ball forward and providing a nice lay off, quick feet and incisive passing and times when he looked lazy in getting back and his passing was lackadaisical at best plus he tended to take the safe option to often. A real mixed bag and i have my doubts he'll make it with us but i would love to be proved wrong.

Played in a midfield 2 tonight in Sheffield Wednesdays 2-1 loss to Forest but apparently had a really good game - good to see and hopefully he's played there on a consistent basis this season. Here's a few Sheff Wed fans thoughts on him:

my lad watched him on Saturday Weds V Stoke, think he came on around 70mins
said you could see difference in class, he could control the ball
made me think " if an OK player like Onomah can look a class above at that level, maybe its the same for Grealish ?"

my lad watched him on Saturday Weds V Stoke, think he came on around 70mins
said you could see difference in class, he could control the ball
made me think " if an OK player like Onomah can look a class above at that level, maybe its the same for Grealish ?"

If Josh gets a full year of CM action and gets more confident in his abilities then we have a really nice player on our hands.

It’s mental for Josh. Has everything in his locker sans an amazing shot from outside the box. But his future isn’t as a AM. Ideally suited in a CM2 or CM3 where quick football is played.

Played in a midfield 2 tonight in Sheffield Wednesdays 2-1 loss to Forest but apparently had a really good game - good to see and hopefully he's played there on a consistent basis this season. Here's a few Sheff Wed fans thoughts on him:

You're more informed than me but didn't he start off well at Villa with the fans praising him only to fall away and the fans started getting on his back. It all went a bit meh there after a good start.

Back
Top Bottom