Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some people might suggest that your feelings towards Darcus Howe would have been different had he not been black.
I don't know if there is any merit in that suggestion though
Nope, it wouldn't matter what colour skin you dressed him in, he would still have been a Muppet.
The only thing he got right was dying on April fools day

You never see John Thomas John Thomas and Natty Roots Natty Roots in the same room.
200.gif

Stop it. Its just an elderly Rastafarian Gentleman who happens to disagree with the exact same statements as John and / or Mind Blown.

The problem is Levy
He's more interested in the stadium than moving the team forward. And of course his chairman's millions. Unless we invest in new talent and direction, what can Pocchetino do?
Yeah, imagine the Chairman of a company 'only' caring about improving the premises!

I'm sure he DOES care about the football side, but I'm glad he doesn't seek to interfere like some chairmen!

In fact, for that reason alone, I wouldn't expect Poch to oversee the new Stadium!
It's delayed enough already!

I thought you were from the north Joe
Yes I was born there. I was 18 months old when I rocked up in London. Naturally my first impressions as a baby would have been of North London society. I’m glad my dad was an ambitious northerner who wanted to better himself. And growing up in London is the reason I’ve supported Tottenham since I was seven. I made this decision on my own - at 7. And I’ve regretted it ever since. It’s like having a physical hump on your back.

Last edited:
Yes I was born there. I was 18 months old when I rocked up in London. Naturally my first impressions as a baby would have been of North London society. I’m glad my dad was an ambitious northerner who wanted to better himself. And growing up in London is the reason I’ve supported Tottenham since I was seven. I made this decision on my own - at 7. And I’ve regretted it ever since. It’s like having a physical hump on your back.
I started supporting us in 89 after that Micky Thomas goal. Everyone in my primary school became a gooner and I was a contrarian from a young age. I felt I had made the right choice in 91. It's been hard going ever since

You poor sod. At least I can blame my parents for me being Tottenham....

sammyspurs sammyspurs are you still saying our English contingent are in good form?
Dele has been in very good form, Dier was a monster at Old Trafford but shit against Liverpool like everyone else....Rose has been average for about a year, Trippier looks to me like he always does, and I was saying Kane’s form is off 7 months before you said it. So?

I noticed how you omitted the “and knackered” part now. Nothing to do with Poch saying they all had enough rest and it’s not an issue was it?

The team has lost two games, and played poorly in one.
Players being off form has nothing to with being an England player. Eriksen is also off form.

So to answer your question I stand by my views that the English contingent is not suffering from the midweek England games against Spain and Switzerland.

Dele has been in very good form, Dier was a monster at Old Trafford but shit against Liverpool like everyone else....Rose has been average for about a year, Trippier looks to me like he always does, and I was saying Kane’s form is off 7 months before you said it. So?

I noticed how you omitted the “and knackered” part now. Nothing to do with Poch saying they all had enough rest and it’s not an issue was it?

The team has lost two games, and played poorly in one.
Players being off form has nothing to with being an England player. Eriksen is also off form.

So to answer your question I stand by my views that the English contingent is not suffering from the midweek England games against Spain and Switzerland.
So you still think they are in good form? When you attacked me for saying that I thought we would lose 2-1 because our English players were out of form, you stand by that attack?
You think I was wrong about us losing 2-1 and our English players having bad games?

So you still think they are in good form? When you attacked me for saying that I thought we would lose 2-1 because our English players were out of form, you stand by that attack?
You think I was wrong about us losing 2-1 and our English players having bad games?

You were wrong about their form being due them being knackered. And you were wrong that they were knackered due to the midweek England games.
My post above explains why (as in Rose and Kane already being average for 7+ months, the fact I don’t thjnk Trippier is out of form, Dele is in good form but injured, and Dier just had a terrible game like the rest of the team bar Moura)

Ten of the players that started were garbage, regardless of nationality or midweek internationals.

I think playing a poor formation with an untested line up also played a part and Winks is not match fit yet, while Vorm had a mare.

You got the rest right, so congrats there. You sound pretty pleased about that.

You were wrong about their form being due them being knackered. And you were wrong that they were knackered due to the midweek England games.
My post above explains why (as in Rose and Kane already being average for 7+ months, the fact I don’t thjnk Trippier is out of form, Dele is in good form but injured, and Dier just had a terrible game like the rest of the team bar Moura)

Ten of the players that started were garbage, regardless of nationality or midweek internationals.

I think playing a poor formation with an untested line up also played a part and Winks is not match fit yet, while Vorm had a mare.

You got the rest right, so congrats there. You sound pretty pleased about that.
Dele is injured, what's a common cause of injury? Kane hasn't recovered from his injury, nor has Rose. Diers form has dropped of a cliff. What might explain that?
Come on Sammy, just say those 3 little words: 'I was wrong'. No one will think bad of you for it; in fact, everyone will think you a bigger man for it. This is an opportunity for you to show some personal growth

Thigh strain?

Kane was rushed back....I said it seven months ago
Rose has comittment issues and barely played in a year.
Dier has always been inconsistent and was excellent two weeks ago at OT
Nothing to do with over training and the lack of break leading to injury and fatigue?
I thought Liverpool were mugs and we'd bowl them over

Back
Top Bottom