Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People said exactly the same last season
Difference is now many of our players have hit their peak or gone past it.

Remember when we had the best FBs in the league by a mile?
Or when Wanyama and Dembele dominated every CM in the league?

It's important to not stagnate whilst those around us strengthen. We were not long ago laughing at city for spending and finishing below us.

People said exactly the same last season

We qualified last season. TBH personally I didn't really feel like that about last season. But Kane has now established himself as in the top 3 strikers in the world IMO. Eriksen one of the best attacking players and both Dele and Toby I believe will feel they should be playing reg Champs league football. For me the deciding factor is where they are now in their career. With a new stadium and the financial burden that comes with it. It may take us a decade to rebuild. OK lets say all our best players get sold yeah we could reinvest the money. But how do you replace Kane? Whats more how do you replace the rest without CL football? It's a rebuilding process all over again. Not that I wanna be a prophet of doom. But I think thats a realistic concern. That's why I think this season is more important than ever. It really worries me that we lost two already.

Last edited:
Drunk off me tits. X
Can this cancerous thread please... unless it makes money for ... nah. Can this thread please.

We were shit

I don’t think any of us will see a lethargic shit show in that bracket again

Thank fuck.

That is All. Going for a sausage butty now.

You made the right decision in staying away, avoiding the shallow melters. Hopefully we can get back on track on Tuesday. Just need to grind out a few wins and get the confidence back. Hopefully the next run of fixtures after Inter will allow for that...

The first time I checked the thread someone was trying to start a debate on who should replace Poch. Fuck that.

I didn't think the game was quite as catastrophic as some are making out (although it was still enough to ruin my weekend). They did to us what we did to them here last season. They didn't even do it that well.

Can't remember a game with so many mistakes by one team. It felt like it stemmed from the tactics and Poch has to carry the can for that. But he's a youngish manager and hopefully he'll learn from it. He'll also learn a lot about certain players mentality.

I hope we never see this diamond shit again. At least not with that lineup. Poch has to find another way to accommodate Lucas.

Last point... there were people leaving at 77mins. Wtf. I've said it before, but supporting the team when we're winning is the easy bit. Thousands had left by the time Son's penalty was turned down (Oliver's view was obviously obstructed cos it was blatant). I would have loved to nick an equaliser just to piss them off!

One of the teams I especially loathe is Wet Spam. So I had a feeling watching then lose at Everton would help cheer me up.

Because I am a Tottenham fan. Spammers won and won well. Essentially my weekend’s football could not have been any worse.

Sometimes you see a player in another team and think “holy fuck” what is he doing there and why did we not buy him ? Anderson is the prime example.

Ball carrying, positional awareness and forward movement. All qualities we did not see from our midfield in the majority of the past 180 minutes. How come he’s gone from a major team to Spammers and yet would appear to be what we need.

2 days past and I still think “what the fuck is going on?”

Deliberately stayed off here since Saturday..
In my expert opinion,we were crap..
Don't think Liverpool were that good(much better than us on the day though),we were just poor.
And I think Salah is struggling as much as Kane, but the oh so wonderful British media don't seem to notice that.
Yesterday I got very drunk in Watford...It didn't help.

You can tell when you've really annoyed JT and his special friend because Natty comes out his box and starts spraying the x's about.
What, me, annoyed?

Angry at the result and performance, but as far as you lot are concerned,

tumblr_nhr9we4ccv1qa1siho2_1280.gif

Cool as a cucumber, squeak.

You've spoken about how you use this forum as a coping method before John. How venting on here and arguing about the running of the club grants you catharsis. But that's not for everyone.

Honestly, I've done my upmost to avoid coming on here after such a loss, considering the atmosphere before the game due to the international break. Everyone stewing in their own juices. Its toxic. I don't find it pleasurable. We should be helping each other through the grief not tearing chunks out of each other.... leave that to the rivals and the media.

I have half the board on ignore, but it makes for complete nonsense.

Ironic really, given that it was the depths that you have plumbed that I was measuring it against.
A man who finds Darcus Howe inspirational.
Bwahahahahaha
Some people might suggest that your feelings towards Darcus Howe would have been different had he not been black.
I don't know if there is any merit in that suggestion though

Back
Top Bottom