Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m oddly calm about this. Was quite worried with the lack of additions to the squad and it seems the case that the first 3 wins have just papered over the cracks.

Poch has got a tough job on his hands.

Next 4 league games are very winnable, come out of those with max points then we're 7 wins and 2 loses, attitudes will change pretty fast, still a long way to go.

Horrendous. No justifying that performance. Our younger players look knackered and are older ones look past it.

Less said about dier the better.

At least we wont have to listen to people pretend that signing no one was a positive anymore.

On to inter..

It's a lack of heart mate that's all I put it down to. Is it fatigue? Is it a few years of non stop taking its toll on a smaller squad?

Personally I think you need to freshen things up a little not just for your team but to prevent other teams sussing you out. We need to spend on genuine class in CM and we need another playmaker.

I'm really happy with the following being part of our squad:

Lloris
Walker-Peters
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Sanchez
Foyth
Winks
Skipp
Eriksen
Lucas
Son
Lamela
Dele
Kane

The others do a decent enough job but for me they are replaceable. Just how I see it, although I do think Diers versatility makes him an important member of the squad also. Apologies if I've left any obvious ones out.

Ps does anyone else think Edwards could and should offer something in an impact capacity with his quick feet? Such a shame we and he can't sort his head out

proper fed up, i think what bothers me most is MP mentioned 'aggression' & 'fight' after the Watford game and i'm not so sure we offered either today. Anyway booze for a couple of days and come out Tuesday for Inter 6pm.

Vorm and others made some bad errors but overall we just look so tired. We just aren’t playing with our normal zip and physicality.

We have no choice but to throw Winks, Lamela and Son into the team, maybe Aurier too. We need energy.

I think a big point that hasn't been highlighted enough is simply that Liverpool, City and to a lesser extent perhaps, Chelsea, have all upgraded their midfield over the last two years to a level that is now way above ours. As a result we're always going to struggle to win the midfield battle against these teams and thus are going to seriously struggle to control a game, which is absolutely essential to how Poch sets us up. Our midfield isn't bad, but it's just not at the level required to really challenge for a title. Mousa is a genius but has been on the way down for many years now and IMO really doesn't want to be here anymore. Dier to me looks like a player who has completely and utterly maxed out his abilities, he needs to be absolutely 100 percent at it/switched on or he looks like a Championship player, he's just not good enough to coast through games which he has been doing for some time now. Wanyama had great potential before his injury troubles but he's just not the same player, and ditto Winksy as painful as it is to say.

980x.gif

I'm finding it hard to criticise Vorm because even though he messed up on both goals, he also kept the score down from a complete humiliation.

I can't believe how empty the midfield was. This was a pathetic performance - one of the worst I've seen from Pochettino's Spurs.

Aside from Lucas they all shat themselves at the sight of a Liverpool player coming at them.

Back
Top Bottom