Supporters Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't believe the "Trust" had someone phone in to Talk Shite's click-bait show ... and then proceed to once again run down the club ...

I hope the Trust can deny that the call had anything to do with them, if not they've achieved a new low ... I doubt they represent the views of even 5% of the fans any more ... as bad as the cunts on AFTV

Can't believe the "Trust" had someone phone in to Talk Shite's click-bait show ... and then proceed to once again run down the club ...

I hope the Trust can deny that the call had anything to do with them, if not they've achieved a new low ... I doubt they represent the views of even 5% of the fans any more ... as bad as the cunts on AFTV

They are a disgrace....hope they boycott all the games.
I mean we didn’t sign anyone, so they’ve got no one to cheer on anyway.

Whilst I appreciate that Martin and Kat take time out of the own lives to run the Trust and they are helpful with relaying information the Trust is run based on their opinions, not the opinions of the fans. I think that's ultimately why people dislike them - they push their own agendas and if you don't agree with it then you're in the wrong.

Take the whole selling on of away tickets. I know it happens. You know it happens. Everyone knows it happens. Everyone except the Trust...because they benefit out of it.

What did they say?

Check the tweets in the aftermath.

THST taking down LoveSport - twisting words to create click bait headlines. The one where one of the Trust members mentioned speaking to the Directors at Spurs soon shut the journo up.

FWIW they do a decent enough job but need to stop with the "representing fans" schtick. They represent their members.

The idea of a trust is a good one. But I don’t feel the current version is representive enough nor professional enough. I certainly have issues over their MK statement and also the Transfer window statement on reflection is not right to my appreciation. I also personally don’t see the value in their chummy “lads” approach - maybe this is just how poorly I have received them on podcasts ?

To try to be constructive about how we could move forward to create a Trust with a more solid platform and added validity I’ve been trying to germinate an idea.....

Firstly, I feel that adding to numbers is important, to give any Trust better validity the numbers need to be high.

Secondly, I feel money is important to make the tangible rewards of a having a Trust obvious, and to create some influence with the board you need professional and financial positioning. ENIC recognise money first. If a Trust comes across as too informal or a bit “tin pot” your influence is reduced.

Scraping up tenners you can’t assume that multi millionaires are not going to give a rats arse what you think. I am cynical I know.

So my idea would be to scrap the current version of the Trust all together. Then create a new Trust, one for which those who represent us have a larger majority of “us” behind them.

How is that achevied. An idea would be that ENIC agree to either donate £10 / £20 from each and every season ticket purchase or, to be more realistic the money is added to each season ticket price, and that additional sum is is directly passed over into a new “Trust” and you become a Trust member as a result of this process.

Immediately the new Trust has club investment and annual significant funds of around £400,000 - £800,000. Money received must be ring fenced to promote the needs of fans and improve fan based issues at our club on match days and beyond ( no money would be spent beyond but the supporter base - i.e i do not believe they should start donating money to charity or FSF or similar.

Now if you are a season ticket holder and you are automatically also a trust member, you have an added influence and an added responsibility. That should be ( largely ) positive?

For members or others the £10 /. £20 remains optional. I don’t see another way to deal with this as the addition sum on a membership price is quite a hike. But maybe people will go for it ? They afterall already do to some extent. There is a question over under 18 membership also. Do Junior ST holders involved or not ? I think yes actually. Juniors are rather obviously our future.

Once the £ has been taken from supporters they should all have access to an online “Trust” platform where firstly there will be an “election” of a SMALL board. One person one vote principle.

Once the board is in place they will, where necessary, canvas all opinions via an online voting portal and the results of any question will be fully published and transparent. The Board, under their conditions of existence, should then only take forward the majority concern. Minority opinion being noted. But not canvassed.

The majority opinion approach stops personal agends. It removes the Trust from the influence of The wider entities of FSF ( who are a bunch I do not want representing me anyway )

The “heads” of an Elected Trust can be elected by relatively simple means, for example secure on line voting, and then with a substantial basis of influence can sit closer to the club and represent the concerns / views of a majority.

Ok ENIC would have to agree to do this, and it’s not perfect, but it has a lot more validity than what is currently going on. Where minority opinion is often presented as representative. And it doesn’t feel like the club really care.

Sorry if the above is a bit blue sky thinking......

The idea of a trust is a good one. But I don’t feel the current version is representive enough nor professional enough. I certainly have issues over their MK statement and also the Transfer window statement on reflection is not right to my appreciation. I also personally don’t see the value in their chummy “lads” approach - maybe this is just how poorly I have received them on podcasts ?

To try to be constructive about how we could move forward to create a Trust with a more solid platform and added validity I’ve been trying to germinate an idea.....

Firstly, I feel that adding to numbers is important, to give any Trust better validity the numbers need to be high.

Secondly, I feel money is important to make the tangible rewards of a having a Trust obvious, and to create some influence with the board you need professional and financial positioning. ENIC recognise money first. If a Trust comes across as too informal or a bit “tin pot” your influence is reduced.

Scraping up tenners you can’t assume that multi millionaires are not going to give a rats arse what you think. I am cynical I know.

So my idea would be to scrap the current version of the Trust all together. Then create a new Trust, one for which those who represent us have a larger majority of “us” behind them.

How is that achevied. An idea would be that ENIC agree to either donate £10 / £20 from each and every season ticket purchase or, to be more realistic the money is added to each season ticket price, and that additional sum is is directly passed over into a new “Trust” and you become a Trust member as a result of this process.

Immediately the new Trust has club investment and annual significant funds of around £400,000 - £800,000. Money received must be ring fenced to promote the needs of fans and improve fan based issues at our club on match days and beyond ( no money would be spent beyond but the supporter base - i.e i do not believe they should start donating money to charity or FSF or similar.

Now if you are a season ticket holder and you are automatically also a trust member, you have an added influence and an added responsibility. That should be ( largely ) positive?

For members or others the £10 /. £20 remains optional. I don’t see another way to deal with this as the addition sum on a membership price is quite a hike. But maybe people will go for it ? They afterall already do to some extent. There is a question over under 18 membership also. Do Junior ST holders involved or not ? I think yes actually. Juniors are rather obviously our future.

Once the £ has been taken from supporters they should all have access to an online “Trust” platform where firstly there will be an “election” of a SMALL board. One person one vote principle.

Once the board is in place they will, where necessary, canvas all opinions via an online voting portal and the results of any question will be fully published and transparent. The Board, under their conditions of existence, should then only take forward the majority concern. Minority opinion being noted. But not canvassed.

The majority opinion approach stops personal agends. It removes the Trust from the influence of The wider entities of FSF ( who are a bunch I do not want representing me anyway )

The “heads” of an Elected Trust can be elected by relatively simple means, for example secure on line voting, and then with a substantial basis of influence can sit closer to the club and represent the concerns / views of a majority.

Ok ENIC would have to agree to do this, and it’s not perfect, but it has a lot more validity than what is currently going on. Where minority opinion is often presented as representative. And it doesn’t feel like the club really care.

That's a really good post, apart from the 'blue sky thinking' phrase. :disdain:

I imagine one of the trust's disciples is going to tell you to stand for election if you want to make a difference or something similar.

I imagine one of the trust's disciples is going to tell you to stand for election if you want to make a difference or something similar.
For things to change, somebody is going to have to put themselves forward. A few people will to have a complete overhaul. The current mob seem to be the only people willing to do the work. They're basically in their roles by default, until people stand against them and kick them out.

That's a really good post, apart from the 'blue sky thinking' phrase. :disdain:

Yeah too many training courses with Blue Sky thinking ! Sorry about that.

No one would vote for me standing on THST. A moderate I am not

Take the whole selling on of away tickets. I know it happens. You know it happens. Everyone knows it happens. Everyone except the Trust...because they benefit out of it.

How do the trust benefit from the club turning a blind eye to ticket reselling?

(Genuine question)

And then it all falls down at the phrase 'ENIC would have to agree'

Back
Top Bottom