Which Trophy Would You Rather?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
Seeing all the chat about playing Crawley in the EFL Trophy, I googled it and this sentence got me thinking - It is the third most prestigious knockout trophy in English football after the FA Cup and EFL Cup (League Cup).

Which trophy would you rather win? (The PL title is a given).

CL, Europa, Fa Cup, EFL Cup, EFL Trophy or perhaps BBC Team Of The Year?

Dancing_Spurs.gif
Dancing_Spurs.gif
Dancing_Spurs.gif
Dancing_Spurs.gif
Dancing_Spurs.gif
Dancing_Spurs.gif

I suspect many or even most will say CL however, the FA Cup for me is still a little special. Interested in your thoughts.

Last edited:
Don't see anything wrong with the EFL trophy - it's experience for our young players to actually play mens football. Hopefully in future we'd be able to put a 'Tottenham B' team in the lower leagues, but I suppose that'll never happen.

Champions League 100%

1. CL
2. PL
3. FA Cup
4. League Cup

But all should be treated with respect. We're not above any of them.

Last edited:
Any major trophy should be treated as a precious opportunity. We’re approaching a decade of drought on the trophy front, which is pretty depressing.

1. CL The ultimate in club football and the one that would drive many gooners over the edge.

2. PL The fact we haven't won the league for nearly 60 years is fucking scandalous. Especially when you look at the growing list of clubs who have won it since us.

3. Europa league. I know we aint in it. But would still edge the FA cup for glory in my eyes

4. FA cup. Still a great trophy. Its time we took it seriously and brung it home.

5. League cup. Nice day out. But thats it

6. Community Sheild. Means we'd have won one of two of the above to take part

7. EFL trophy. Day out at Wembley watching the youth team?

8. Profit Margin trophy. I know it means a lot to some, but means fuck all to me and the other horsenoshers

The most important trophy this club, or any English club, can win is the Premiere League.

CL is up there too but as it's format has changed it's tarnished slightly but given how the draw can pan out it still rely's on some form of luck of the draw, take a look at Liverpool's group last year and Man City's this year.

Being realistic, we can't compete with City's Petro Dollars at present. Most clubs who went on to win the League started with the League Cup and/or the F.A. Cup, on the grounds that it takes much fewer games to win.
This is a proven base to build on. We are improving year on year relative to the profane riches of the established elite. I think seven PL clubs have spent €1 Billlion since 2010, an obscene amount.
For those that can remember, the player's of the early Eighties said that the cup win in '81 changed their lives. You know what happened next. I firmly believe that winning cups leads to winning leagues.
This attracts bigger sponsors, more commercial revenue and, most importantly, elite players.
As the old saying goes, 'nothing succeeds like success.'

1. The Transfer Window
2. Twitter
3. Best Fan Channel at the Football Blogging Awards.
4. My dads harder than your dad AKA The Internet Arguments Cup
5. FA Vase

Failing that, any trophy is better than no trophy.

Be over the moon with FA or league cup. But doubt we will play our strongest team in either, which we would probably have to do to win one. Top 4 trophy it is then!

8. Profit Margin trophy. I know it means a lot to some, but means fuck all to me and the other horsenoshers

Be over the moon with FA or league cup. But doubt we will play our strongest team in either, which we would probably have to do to win one. Top 4 trophy it is then!

This is the Sandy Vagina Trophy -

sandy-vagina.gif

You two are joint winners.... this season and every season.

Congratulation.

Premier League 100% proves the best team in the competition over 38 games

Champions League is a weird one now ,Zidane's Madrid or madrid over the last 5 years will probably go down as one of the great teams but only won the league once in the last 5 years they won four out of 5 champions leagues and one league title , personally I don't think Madrid would have dominated the PL over the last 5 years and doubt they would have won every Seria A or Bundasliga or even most if they were eligible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom