Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is what it’s all about.

As a fan that endured the whole of the 90s I remember how excited I was when we qualified for European football again. Playing the likes of Besiktas felt magical, whilst the pipe dream of CL football played out like an unreachable rainbow in the distance.

The game against the Sheik Mansour team where Crouch scored the winner was by far and away the most nervous I’ve ever been when watching a game. It felt like a war for the keys to the promised land. Love him or loathe him, Redknapp (with a little help from King, Bale, VDV, Modric, and the rest) did us proud with those famous wins against the two Milans.

Last season we all felt that moment when we held Madrid in Spain, and smashed them at Wembley. The comeback against Juve was an exhibition in pure determination and pride. Smashing the eventual winners and going toe for toe with the Italian champions seemed like the awkwardly manufactured ‘glory’ I’d play out on FIFA in my 20s. Even when Juve won, their reaction was one of a team that knew they had faced a massive test, with passionate roars where you might have expected a workmanlike series of gestures for a professional job well done.

Now we’re going up against Barcelona, the greatest team of the modern era, and probably the greatest player of all time...and we’re their biggest rival in the group...justifiably.

The 90s seem a long way away. Soak it in lads and lasses. After so many years of false dawns and the sleeping giant, Goliath is wide awake and heading back into battle on the biggest stage in club football. Madrid, Juve, Barca...no need to dream anymore. They’ve all come true.

Booked Barça.

Re a ticket, let's face it, we'll have a 3000 allocation max so I'd stab a guess at 300+ points, and they probably won't sell out in the home end.

Home end it is unless the club do a Madrid and block foreign credit cards...

Eindhoven booked!

DD3393F5FFE4823DEE7BE456EDE6DD47E1C87EAD

Booked Barça.

Re a ticket, let's face it, we'll have a 3000 allocation max so I'd stab a guess at 300+ points, and they probably won't sell out in the home end.

Home end it is unless the club do a Madrid and block foreign credit cards...

Someone mentioned earlier that the UEFA rules specify a 5% minimum, so nearer 5000 if true.

Back
Top Bottom