Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today was my first Spurs game, been trying to get to see them for years, but I have to say the people sitting around me should be embarrassed, was sitting in the Shelf Side and fuck all people near me made any effort to sing, I found myself singing alone with the Park Lane, and then after that they all boo and moan, it's honestly a disgrace, there was such a negative vibe in the air. If you don't want to actually support the team why bother?

But I really don't understand this booing, it's embarrassing and does no good, and fuck those people who say oh I paid ex amount so I'm entitled to blah blah.. shut the fuck up. I spent a lot of money I don't really have to spend and it didn't even cross my mind to boo the team.
/rant

tl;dr

Sing for the shirt or fuck off :avbscream:

Too many wankers attend the Lane, sterotyping, it's mainly older middle class males. They can afford to pay £40-61 for a Shelf Side ticket, they bring their son or daughter along and give horrible looks to anyone who dares sing or show any emotion except hate towards OUR football club.

On my way back from that incredibly poor performance, at least Brad has admitted as much in interview.

But there were some incredible knee-jerking melters there today - in the bogs at half time one bloke actually said "I've been coming here since 1970 and this is the worst team I've ever seen and AVB is the worst manager we've ever had." Incredibly, 3 or 4 people agreed with him but at least the majority were laughing at the negativity.

Yes, it was very poor today. But FFS I swear I'm gonna swing at some of these people one day. And the weird thing was today was that it was an older crowd saying these things, fans who had quite obviously sat through the 90's.

Not one player deserved any applause or even a pat on the back today. But no one who supports this club should ever boo a player. Anyone who boo's their team is a complete and utter thundercunt.

Yes! I can't believe this attitude. I know nobody at TFC will boo, loving the shirt and booing at periodic lapses in performance are contradictory. It's a shame many at the Lane don't seem to have very long memories.

It comes down to success rubbing off the expectations. Some absolute eejit said "This is absolute shite, I'm never going again" on the way down the steps after losing at Newcastle. Really, sonny? We've got a new manager, this is his first ever competitive game and our loss has actually come due to a stroke or two of bad luck (penalty).

Because we got to the CL in 09/10, the fact that we didn't in 11/12 hacked off Levy, which in turn hacked off the atmosphere. The fans that are condemning AVB as our worst manager since 1970 are clearly still on Champions League happy gas. Because they sat through Ardiles, Francis et al in the dugout, and - dare I mention his name - George Graham even got himself a job at WHL, we were such a joke. I understand armchair fans on 606 slating AVB left, right and centre. But our long-term matchgoing devotees are quite frankly insulting themselves and the club when they themselves effectively state that George Graham was a better manager than AVB is.

Too much expectation. We're Spurs and we're better than that.

Missed this one. Went to watch my cousin play college football (American). Lost in quadruple over-time.

Bummer, but at least Woolwich lost today!

I was actually really worried about this fixture today. We'd gotten to 4th on the back of a string of unimpressive performances. I haven't seen that drive, determination, winning spirit and ruthless play that we've come to expect. Haven't since about the middle of this past February, really. I think Redknapp's foot-out-the-door really did a number on our squad.

Anyways, not surprised to hear that Dempsey and Sig had another stinker. Falque needs a start.

FALQUE PUNCH!!!

Regarding the booing, as we all know, its a fucking disgrace. You would think we are a team fighting relegation by the atmosphere. It never encourages greater play and more than likely reinforces the shit play. If I am at work and my boss tells me I am shit over and over, I will probably think "fuck him, hes a cunt." Do we really want the players out on the pitch to start to resent the fans? If Spurs don't bring the effort sing louder so they create some momentum...its logical. Fans can be critical of the team for sure, but do so in private or on a message board, not at the Lane where it can further influence shitty play.
:avbshock:

Today was my first Spurs game, been trying to get to see them for years, but I have to say the people sitting around me should be embarrassed, was sitting in the Shelf Side and fuck all people near me made any effort to sing, I found myself singing alone with the Park Lane, and then after that they all boo and moan, it's honestly a disgrace, there was such a negative vibe in the air. If you don't want to actually support the team why bother?

But I really don't understand this booing, it's embarrassing and does no good, and fuck those people who say oh I paid ex amount so I'm entitled to blah blah.. shut the fuck up. I spent a lot of money I don't really have to spend and it didn't even cross my mind to boo the team.
/rant

tl;dr

Sing for the shirt or fuck off :avbscream:
Sorry you had to experience that on your first Spurs game. It never used to be like that... when we finished mid table! In my eyes today was a typical Spurs game, I've long learnt to deal with it and look forward to the next game.
It seems that since we've been doing a bit well of late, all the cunts have come out of the woodwork (well off cunts who haven't been to games for ages / ever) and demand to be entertained!

I actually found this site by googling "why are spurs fans booing and being cunts". I hope the whole 1882 thing kicks off!

I missed today thankfully but I think it's a little unfair to say that it's just 'well off' people that boo the team and don't sing. Trust me there are plenty of salt of the earth cockerny 'working class' guys sat round me in block 32 and plenty of them don't have the bottle to sing up for the shirt unless we're playing well. And plenty of them hurl abuse at our own players too. So disappointing

I missed today thankfully but I think it's a little unfair to say that it's just 'well off' people that boo the team and don't sing. Trust me there are plenty of salt of the earth cockerny 'working class' guys sat round me in block 32 and plenty of them don't have the bottle to sing up for the shirt unless we're playing well. And plenty of them hurl abuse at our own players too. So disappointing

Oh don't get me wrong I know scummy bastards who have had season tickets for 4-5 years who only sing when we're winning yet still moan and whine about every little thing, the type that went a player mis-passes a ball, they'll shout "IM TOTTENHAM TILL I DIE.", but when we go 0-1 down to Wigan, they leave in the 75th minute.

Seems theres an awful lot of "arent our fans shit" from the "redknapp is a wanker" brigade..... what if you got it really wrong?

So our support is fantastic and Arry didn't mug us off at all? :harrylol:

We lost 1-0 to Wigan under him as well. Bottom line is sitting silent or abusing our team only helps the opposition so it's an idiotic thing to do if you actually support Tottenham.

the players, managers, chairmen, 'owners' they come an they go. the fans stay, the fans are the club, its as simple as that. if the fans are shit, so is the club.
and its not.

Miserable day, would have been nice to at least come close to equalising.

Also, I sat in the west stand today. Never fucking again, dead. Back to Park Lane I go.
And me. It was awful. I've just got glasses so celebrated being able to tell the difference between Lennon and Sandro by buying a seat about 10 rows behind Daniel Levy. I thought it would be good to see moves develop and spot runs which is harder from the Park Lane Lower but I needn't have bothered as nobody seemed to want the ball. But yeah, nothing in the way of support up there. Just moaning, wingeing and booing.

Our fans are brilliant, just like Tottenham are brilliant. But neither turned up today. Roll on Thursday night!

Yup, can't argue with that - the 2 feed off each other. Why does it have to take an opposition goal before the players wake the fuck up and start to play with any urgency? If they had started the way they began to play after Wigan's goal, I wonder if the atmosphere would have been different.

I'm going to the Maribor game on Thursday sitting far left of Block H (so close enough) cos I'm bringing a friend who's never been to a football match before and she wants to experience some atmosphere (thank fuck I didn't buy seats in the West Stand like today) But what I hope is that we inject some positivity into the people around us. Get them supporting the team. Encourage the team if they're playing shit not discourage them by booing. I booed John Terry and it wasn't cos I was supporting him

the players, managers, chairmen, 'owners' they come an they go. the fans stay, the fans are the club, its as simple as that. if the fans are shit, so is the club.
and its not.

Unfortunately the fans were shit yesterday, I'm sick of all the booing. It's fucking depressing a bloody petulant. The sense of entitlement and down right cuntishness at the moment is sickening. The lane was like fucking highbury yesterday.

Seems theres an awful lot of "arent our fans shit" from the "redknapp is a wanker" brigade..... what if you got it really wrong?

You're right.

Its incredible the amount of people who went doolally over the idiots comment, yet how many threads Ive read these comments about how shit our fans are, and how many dickheads people come across at games.

Yet Harry was insulting all of us. No, he was talking about the cunts.

watching the game on TV (from Australia), the lane seemed like a ghost town, void of any atmosphere, other then a whimper of support from a small group of fans. You could certainly hear the boos however!..

If signs are allowed at the Lane, maybe its worth taking a sign along to highlight how cuntish booing is. I know if it was me, I'd tell the cunts around me to shutup and stop booing and call them out on it.

Back
Top Bottom