Safe-standing at White Hart Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahem...

Safe-standing in the modern era is very different to the thronging and crushing of the shelf. This is already being used in Germany without crushing.

More here: http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/

Yeh, fair point. As i said originally i'm actually for it, but not at a price. If its done properly i could see this as a major plus. My missus has a spinal injury so when i get tickets, i try to get them right at the back of the east stand sso that she can stand up. Its better for her to stand for 90 mins than it is for her to sit. Stewards normally turn a blind eye when i explain, obviously we couldnt do this in any other seat.

This could be SO important for the club's and the football's future!

If someone is answering "no" to any of the questions, then... :kaboul:

Yeah, except from the last question:kaboullol:

If we do not break the bank for Joao Moutinho we are making a big big mistake!!

you had one of these moments mate ?

my-brain-you-have-failed-me1.jpg

Btw in Belgium all the grounds have seats but behind the goal (and other areas in some clubs) everyone just stands up and the stewards just mind the ones throwing stuff at the pitch , making monkey noises at black players and the ones fighting in the ground amongst themselves. You want to stand and sing , nobody's going to stop you.

Yeh, fair point. As i said originally i'm actually for it, but not at a price. If its done properly i could see this as a major plus. My missus has a spinal injury so when i get tickets, i try to get them right at the back of the east stand sso that she can stand up. Its better for her to stand for 90 mins than it is for her to sit. Stewards normally turn a blind eye when i explain, obviously we couldnt do this in any other seat.

Of course we need it to be safe no one wants anyone being crushed. I remember as a kid being thrown all over the place, losing site of my Dad etc. Not that I minded, in fact I loved it, but I understand that this might worry people.

Read the fanzine: STAND - Against Modern Football
Great opinions and facts! It's £3.50 delivered.

Back
Top Bottom