Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean all well and good but is there any evidence we actually want to buy him?!
None whatsoever. There were links a while back and the fact that Dembele might well be off is what it driving the speculation.

What is interesting is what will happen at Real Madrid. The talk of Modric leaving has gone stepped up, which I find very odd combined with Kovacic makes you think what they have up their sleeve and who they want to replace them with, all after our window shuts????

Let's be honest here....Levy has failed miserably so far in regards to this transfer window. He hasn't listened to a word of what Poch has requested( in regards to early signings) and it's not looking good.

I simply can not believe Poch signed the new contract without certain assurances and i also believe Poch is a man of great integrity so lets just hope Levy hasn't gone back on anything that was agreed prior to the new contract signing.

Feel better?

None whatsoever. There were links a while back and the fact that Dembele might well be off is what it driving the speculation.

What is interesting is what will happen at Real Madrid. The talk of Modric leaving has gone stepped up, which I find very odd combined with Kovacic makes you think what they have up their sleeve and who they want to replace them with, all after our window shuts????

I can't honestly see Modric leaving RM after Ronaldo's exit, and especially not after getting WC player of the tournament. That would leave a CM of Kroos, Modric and Casemiro, which leaves no place for Kovacic.
He's right to want to leave.

Let's be honest here....Levy has failed miserably so far in regards to this transfer window. He hasn't listened to a word of what Poch has requested( in regards to early signings) and it's not looking good.

I simply can not believe Poch signed the new contract without certain assurances and i also believe Poch is a man of great integrity so lets just hope Levy hasn't gone back on anything that was agreed prior to the new contract signing.

Can you tell me what Poch has requested with actual quotes and a source please.

You believe this and you believe that......

So what, some people believe the world is flat. You are reacting angrily to a hunch.

You’ve given me nothing to argue for or against. You believe Poch has been tricked and duped by Mr Evil, that’s fine.
We’ll see won’t we in a couple weeks when he’s still manager.

Or are you suggesting that he will stick around after being tricked into signing a contract, when any team in the world could simply buy him out.

And as I said, it’s not an insult to be a lesser player than Son.
Not sure why you think that’s something to react to, as if I said Martial isn’t better than Nkoudou or something.

Surely we want better than Son, Moura and Lamela if we are trying to improve the team.

I think Martial is in the same bracket as Lamela and I think Son and Moura are better players. Therefore I see no real reason to be desperate for Martial.
He will be on the bench anyway, with everyone else, only with wages of over 100k a week I’d imagine.

People talking about him like he’s Ginola everyday.

Do you think he’s better than Son? A guy that gives you 20+ goals from the bench?

I don't really see why Son being better than him is a reason not to sign him to be honest. Sanchez wasn't better than Toby or Jan when we signed him but he's been a huge success. Just so you're happy, I'll answer your question though. Right now, Son is a better player than Martial. However, Son is missing a number of games this season (Asia Games in August and Asia Cup in January) and could miss a whole 2 years due to military service. Martial is someone I really rate and is only 22, 4 years younger than Son. I can't really answer whether Lucas is better yet because he hasn't been given the chance in the PL.

Just like Sanchez last Summer, we aren't desperate for Martial right now but who knows what will happen in the future. The fact that we are looking like moving to 4-3-3, and you could argue we only have 3 out and out wingers in the squad suggests we might need another. Especially when one of them is N'Koudou who I think is poor. I also think Martial is more suited to playing as a backup to Kane at striker than Son is.

I don't really see why Son being better than him is a reason not to sign him to be honest. Sanchez wasn't better than Toby or Jan when we signed him but he's been a huge success. Just so you're happy, I'll answer your question though. Right now, Son is a better player than Martial. However, Son is missing a number of games this season (Asia Games in August and Asia Cup in January) and could miss a whole 2 years due to military service. Martial is someone I really rate and is only 22, 4 years younger than Son. I can't really answer whether Lucas is better yet because he hasn't been given the chance in the PL.

Just like Sanchez last Summer, we aren't desperate for Martial right now but who knows what will happen in the future. The fact that we are looking like moving to 4-3-3, and you could argue we only have 3 out and out wingers in the squad suggests we might need another. Especially when one of them is N'Koudou who I think is poor. I also think Martial is more suited to playing as a backup to Kane at striker than Son is.

Not sure why you’ve completely left out the bit where I said he’s par with Lamela and that I think Moura is also better.....

I wouldn’t be against Martial, I just don’t know why people are treating the rumours as if he was Zidane. He’s a decent bench player and 60M is farcical.

We have Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Moura. We will play a maximum of three of them at any one time.
Martial would be a luxury addition to an already bloated AM list, is no better than what we have yet people are acting as if he’s the difference between the title and 7th.

Can you tell me what Poch has requested with actual quotes and a source please.

You believe this and you believe that......

So what, some people believe the world is flat. You are reacting angrily to a hunch.

You’ve given me nothing to argue for or against. You believe Poch has been tricked and duped by Mr Evil, that’s fine.
We’ll see won’t we in a couple weeks when he’s still manager.

Or are you suggesting that he will stick around after being tricked into signing a contract, when any team in the world could simply buy him out.

“We are working with Steve,” said Pochettino. “The World Cup only can confirm your idea about a player. It is so dangerous to go and scout players in the World Cup because if a player is good, how after are you going to sign him?

“Sometimes you need to anticipate and say 'OK this player can be good for us' and then he goes to the World Cup. But you need to sign before the tournament starts because he is doing well and then you will have a lot of competition if they are good.

We are thinking and trying to anticipate because it will be difficult if not at the World Cup.”

I’d take Rodriquez for definite. A player who Poch knows, can improve and can cover many positions.
Do we really another striker?

We won't be able to offload Llorente & Janssen in the same window anyway so we will already have at least one backup striker for Harry.

(I realize Rodriguez could be better than Llorente under Poch though)

Back
Top Bottom