Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When people say, "Don't worry if Toby leaves. We have Cameron Carter-Vickers and Eric Dier".

Dear me. Reality deniers. Dier looks a mess in defence without Toby next to him and CCV could barely cope with this summers friendlies. If Toby leaves we need a new CB.

Weird...... so weird that many of the people who agreed with this firmly believe that getting Martial in the deal will make Toby’s sale ok.

All over the place as usual.....unless Martial can play CB

I think it should be pretty apparent that;

1. Expected bids for Rose, Alderweireld and Dembele haven't materialised
2. We have struggled to attract any bids for N'Koudou, Janssen, Sissoko, maybe some other fringe foreign quota players
3. 1+2 has meant our transfer targets are severely limited as we can only really sign home grown players without potentially wasting pretty big wages

It’s all speculation.....twitter said Dembele is for sale, so what.
Twitter said Kane was for sale too

Genuine question, and perhaps a tad harsh to word, but what happens to the club when Lewis dies? Levy is in full control?

Can't decide if this would be better or worse for the club, although Lewis doesn't seem to have done much of anything for us. Didn't even finance the loan needed for the stadium...

Here's an interesting take on our transfer window thus far.

I know the boy Hotspur gets a pass from most on here, but this is a guest blog and its worth a read at least

ENIC Deserving Of Public Excoriation & Condemnation - Harry Hotspur

To be fair, he does exhort Levy of most of the blame in favour of the top man himself. Joe Lewis

Always wondered about the cunts who write stuff like this......if we signed Martial, De Ligt and Kovacic, yet finished 5th, how do they reinvent their whole views?

Suddenly it wouldn’t be Levy’s fault would it?
Would it be Pochs fault? Probably not...

The players they clamoured for have to be absolved, because otherwise it would mean they were wrong about signings equals success.

So then it goes back to blaming the rest of the existing players.....which equates to “we needed more signings”

What a cunt of an existence

Genuine question, and perhaps a tad harsh to word, but what happens to the club when Lewis dies? Levy is in full control?

Can't decide if this would be better or worse for the club, although Lewis doesn't seem to have done much of anything for us. Didn't even finance the loan needed for the stadium...
I guess he has made a will and left everything for you.

This week better be worth the fucking wait. I’ve remained calm about the situation until now as I always felt Poch and Levy would pull something out the bag this last week.

Always wondered about the cunts who write stuff like this......if we signed Martial, De Ligt and Kovacic, yet finished 5th, do they re invent their whole views?

Suddenly it wouldn’t be Levy’s fault would it?
Would it be Pochs fault? Probably not...

The players they clamoured for have to be absolved, because otherwise it would mean they were wrong about signings equals success.

So then it goes back to blaming the rest of the existing players.....which equates to “we needed more signings”

What a cunt of an existence
Fair enough. After all I posted it for people to comment on

I pretty much agree with every word of it tbh.

27_EA4215-_CA7_E-4942-9695-4_EB9_C09_C171_F.jpg

Haha. This clown shoe is agreeing with himself.

giphy.gif

Here's an interesting take on our transfer window thus far.

I know the boy Hotspur gets a pass from most on here, but this is a guest blog and its worth a read at least

ENIC Deserving Of Public Excoriation & Condemnation - Harry Hotspur

To be fair, he does exhort Levy of most of the blame in favour of the top man himself. Joe Lewis
That article seems to be just a longer version of half the posts in this thread.

It's so completely possible that we will do 2 - 3 deals in the next four days that the majority of fans will agree are good. It's also possible that we won't. So until the window actually closes, any opinion could well end up with egg-on-face.

The problem is, I suppose, is that we don't have anything else to talk about.

(Waffle post...the march to 1,000 continues!)

Fair enough. After all I posted it for people to comment on

I pretty much agree with every word of it tbh.

Yeah, and as I said, what happens when we sign players for big money and finish 5th.
That happened.....then the mantra became Levy signed them over AVBs head.

Except the good ones......Eriksen, Dembele, Jan, Toby (oh that’s a funny one, slate Levy for his sale but don’t give credit for signing him).....etc etc

Good signings Poch/AVB
Bad signings Levy

How can any self respecting adult live by that

Back
Top Bottom