Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch seems quite reluctant to put praise on him, possibly a lot more cautious after he bigged up Edwards at a similarly young age and the car crash that ensued. This kid seems very different though, much better attitude both on and off the pitch.
I gave the final verdict on Edwards over a year ago. Might have been two years ago actually. Anyway, like Onomah, nobody listened. As ever I am vindicated by reality.

One (pre)season wonder!

Has anyone made that joke yet? I couldn't be bothered to check...

I gave the final verdict on Edwards over a year ago. Might have been two years ago actually. Anyway, like Onomah, nobody listened. As ever I am vindicated by reality.
I genuinely always thought Edwards had the air of a massive douche about him, right back from when Sherwood first named checked him all those years ago. He comes across as someone who was hugely gifted as a youngster and just kind of fell into football, without actually really loving it. Even if you go through his social media (I know not the be all and end all, but still) he always gave the impression he really didn't give a shit about Spurs or being a footballer in general. In that interview he did after the Gillingham game he just came across as an arrogant toss pot. All of this culminating in that abomination of a loan at Norwich, and really you'd have to question if he will make it at any level unless he drastically changes his mindset.
Onomah is a bit different, I think its more a case with him that he is proper Spurs and does care, but he was just massively overrated and far too much was expected of him.

Absolutely, Dele is exceptional though, I just thought Amos deserved a shout too, in a kind of Ryan Mason kind of way, you know when Poch gets his hands on them every day at training they get much better.

Amos stuck out more for me too, Tbh. Really mature performance.

Both looking good though.

Let's not forget some of you guys have been jacking off over Edwards for the past two seasons, predicting he will make it into the squad, get minutes and some even stated become a regular. In that time he didn't make a single appearance.

Poch hasn't rushed youth into the Squad for quite a while. He might get some minutes in the cup matches, but just going off the way Poch does things, I'd be surprised if he was a regular in the squad.

Let's remember he's 17 and Poch could literally train him for the next 2 years and he'd still be one of the youngest people in the squad. He won't be rushed.

Even if you go through his social media (I know not the be all and end all, but still) he always gave the impression he really didn't give a shit about Spurs or being a footballer in general. In that interview he did after the Gillingham game he just came across as an arrogant toss pot. All of this culminating in that abomination of a loan at Norwich, and really you'd have to question if he will make it at any level unless he drastically changes his mindset.
Onomah is a bit different, I think its more a case with him that he is proper Spurs and does care, but he was just massively overrated and far too much was expected of him.
FYI - Marcus Edwards hasn't tweeted in a year and has a handful of instagram posts. So I'm not sure where you're getting that impression.

Amos stuck out more for me too, Tbh. Really mature performance.

Both looking good though.

Both against Barca and Milan did Amos make blunders that could've cost us points (conceded after his mistake against Barca). He can look however good he wants otherwise, but as long as he's prone to such mistakes, he shouldn't and won't play in our midfield.

FYI - Marcus Edwards hasn't tweeted in a year and has a handful of instagram posts. So I'm not sure where you're getting that impression.
I know, hence why I said not the be all and end all. But even when you go back and he did tweet, very few Spurs related tweets, no tweet when he made his senior debut, doesn't even follow Spurs or any senior player at the club. Just all rather intriguing for a young up and coming player at the club.

He's funny to watch because I can't remember seeing another play who seems to be just a mass of flailing limbs every time he touches the ball. It's effective but he just looks completely out of control of his body at time.

I like him. Skilful, tidy in possession, and looks for the ball.

Needs to work on the physical side of the game but he's 17, that will come. Ease him in gently - hopefully some cup minutes for him this season.

Back
Top Bottom