U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Troost-Ekong played 90 minutes for Nigeria, not a good Nigerian side. Hem made a fair few appearances for Dutch youth sides, surprised he changed nations - but of course he wouldn't be at this WC with Netherlands !

Milos Veljkovic on the bench for Serbia today - think he was a bigger loss to Spurs

Ekong conceded the Nigerian penalty too.

u21 season opener announced as for the last few years in Brittany where France has a national sports centre which hosts an u21 tournament every year. I think the clubs competing this year are Paris Saint-Germain, l’AS Monaco, Stade Rennais, EA Guingamp, Leicester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Besiktas and AS Roma. Spurs u21's won the pre-season tournament last year 2017

CTB Henri Guérin‏ @CTBHenriGuerin
C'est au tour de @SpursOfficial d'être présenté !
1f1ec-1f1e7.png
Le club Londonien va participer pour la 4e fois au Tournoi Européen des centres U21 !
1f4a5.png
1f525.png
Les Spurs traverseront la manche pour remettre en jeu leur titre !
1f3c6.png
pic.twitter.com/IWnQq6x0Tg

DgDWEA6W0AAe2zv.jpg

Last edited:
u21 season opener announced as for the last few years in Brittany where France has a national sports centre which hosts an u21 tournament every year. I think the clubs competing this year are Paris Saint-Germain, l’AS Monaco, Stade Rennais, EA Guingamp, Leicester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Besiktas and AS Roma. Spurs u21's won the pre-season tournament last year 2017

CTB Henri Guérin‏ @CTBHenriGuerin
C'est au tour de @SpursOfficial d'être présenté !
1f1ec-1f1e7.png
Le club Londonien va participer pour la 4e fois au Tournoi Européen des centres U21 !
1f4a5.png
1f525.png
Les Spurs traverseront la manche pour remettre en jeu leur titre !
1f3c6.png
pic.twitter.com/IWnQq6x0Tg

DgDWEA6W0AAe2zv.jpg

Thanks for posting this! Am going to try and attend.

Word up here in Sweden is that Spurs have tabled an offer for Swedish U21 striker Joel Asoro. Currently at Sunderland. He's been with Sunderland since 2015 so should class as a home grown?. He's 19 years old but very highly rated up here and seen as one of Sweden's brightest attacking prospects. Word is Sunderland has accepted the offer.

I'll see if I can find anything more

Word up here in Sweden is that Spurs have tabled an offer for Swedish U21 striker Joel Asoro. Currently at Sunderland. He's been with Sunderland since 2015 so should class as a home grown?. He's 19 years old but very highly rated up here and seen as one of Sweden's brightest attacking prospects. Word is Sunderland has accepted the offer.

I'll see if I can find anything more

What does Danny Rose have to say about him?

Insert google pun.

Obviously a signing for our youth team (but he has Championship experience) but personally I would love to have him in our set up to see how he could improve.

27 championship appearances last season so might be a buy and loan back or buy and loan somewhere else, certainly not an advancement to play for our u21's.

He's been linked with everyone from PDG to Woolwich and elsewhere, so presumably being hawked round by his agent.

He's only 5 foot 7 ins (1.75 m ?) so more of a Messi than a Kane, but actually more likely to be a winger at that size than a striker ?

27 championship appearances last season so might be a buy and loan back or buy and loan somewhere else, certainly not an advancement to play for our u21's.

He's been linked with everyone from PDG to Woolwich and elsewhere, so presumably being hawked round by his agent.

He's only 5 foot 7 ins (1.75 m ?) so more of a Messi than a Kane, but actually more likely to be a winger at that size than a striker ?
Could definitely see him loaned out to a Championship club.

Whenever I have seen him play for the Swedish youth sides he has been one of two strikers in a 4-4-2. Usually teamed up with Carlos Strandberg who is a fair deal bigger so they play target-runner.

Last edited:

Very highly rated at our academy wasn't he?

Yes, and one of the best in his England year group.

Until Spurs show a consistent path through to first team involvement (including sub appearances and later starts) for youth players Spurs will not be immune from the signing of the cream of England youth by continental sides willing to offer them the opportunities to play first team football that PL sides do not.

I wonder if the penny will only drop for some PL sides when the only way to get enough 'home grown' players in their squads means a multi million pound purchase of an England youth who joined the continental club for maybe £250k and spent just 2 years there.

Yes, and one of the best in his England year group.

Until Spurs show a consistent path through to first team involvement (including sub appearances and later starts) for youth players Spurs will not be immune from the signing of the cream of England youth by continental sides willing to offer them the opportunities to play first team football that PL sides do not.

I wonder if the penny will only drop for some PL sides when the only way to get enough 'home grown' players in their squads means a multi million pound purchase of an England youth who joined the continental club for maybe £250k and spent just 2 years there.
Here's hoping we are working in buy back clauses

No surprise that we want to see how Sterling develops, but maybe more of a surprise with Tracey who doesn't seem to have the level of technical skills required but does have physique, decent running ability and can play in a number of positions - maybe we are trying to develop our own Sissoko rather than buying him !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom