Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Listen - and I've got a feeling this happens a lot with you - you know when you ask a girl out on a date and she says "Sorry, I can't, I'm rearranging my sock drawer" she isn't actually doing that, she's telling you she's not interested. That's "reading between the lines" as opposed to reading and quoting someone literally.

So, stop ducking the issue, and make the football case for Lamela.
I've made it plenty of times. I can quote the posts of you like?

It's you that's ducking. If you meant he could only be sold in this coming window why did you say during past windows he'll never be seen in a Spurs shirt again? You've been so utterly shown up you're now disowning your own words. Pitiful.

You know you've never admitted you've been wrong about Lamela? Why is that? Pride?

Totally different game situation. Newcastle were seeking an equaliser and pushed a lot of players forward, hence acres of space. Son has come on in situations like that and caused mayhem, scored goals and sown games up.

The biggest test is the ability to affect the game when we're level or behind. Son scores bucket loads of opening and equalising goals and creates things out of nothing by taking people on, getting crosses in and drawing fouls. Dele and Eriksen the same.

I'm pretty sure Lamela has not managed to score or create more than 5 league goals in open play before the 60th minute in his entire time at Spurs. That's a daming inditment of his ineffectiveness.

People often compare him with Son but overlook the fact he doesn't get anywhere near challenging Dele or Eriksen for a place. We need a player to push them more. Dele went through a difficult spell but he didn't get dropped because there was no better option, and we need alternatives to him and Eriksen.

Totally different senairo means Lamela has to contribute to the team need. He came on kept the ball and was strong. That was probably what he was asked to do. If the instructions had been to come on and run at them and create then I honestly think he could do that too (we have seen it) as can Son of course

I honestly don’t know about that 60 minute goals assist ratio mentioned. But his contributions pre injury, especially 2015/16 were immense and he’s battled back and done very well this season to offer something others do not. Sometimes finding the positives is worth doing.

I agree that someone needs to be putting the pressure on Dele and Eriksen. No idea who that could be.

Totally different senairo means Lamela has to contribute to the team need. He came on kept the ball and was strong. That was probably what he was asked to do. If the instructions had been to come on and run at them and create then I honestly think he could do that too (we have seen it) as can Son of course

I honestly don’t know about that 60 minute goals assist ratio mentioned. But his contributions pre injury, especially 2015/16 were immense and he’s battled back and done very well this season to offer something others do not. Sometimes finding the positives is worth doing.

I agree that someone needs to be putting the pressure on Dele and Eriksen. No idea who that could be.
It'll be Moura next season. Geeza is gonna light it up.

For the sake of his career and the further positive development of Spurs, he should move. He's a great player and seems like a good guy (off the pitch, on it he is quite the beast), but simply looks to stressed by the pace of the league when he gets close to goal. Let him go back to Italy and own it up. I wish him all the best.

For the sake of his career and the further positive development of Spurs, he should move. He's a great player and seems like a good guy (off the pitch, on it he is quite the beast), but simply looks to stressed by the pace of the league when he gets close to goal. Let him go back to Italy and own it up. I wish him all the best.
Agree but he has done nothing to deserve great as an appropriate adjective.

All Lamela is really good for is shutting up shop against bang average teams such a Newcastle , yes he has some ability and a good first touch but let's face it unless our big hitters are playing well which frees up some space for Lamela he is poor and would have been a disaster for the first 60 minutes against Newcastle , when you need a spark because your just not at it when has Lamela ever provided this ? Son does Dele does Kane does Erikssen does it, Lamela only shines when its easy.

It'll be Moura next season. Geeza is gonna light it up.
I really hope you're right. A Brazilian mate whose team he played for out there really rates him. But Poch has such a crap record with wingers - GKN, Townsend, Lennon, Clinton Nj. Really seems an achilles heel for him.

Seeing that list would have been great to have got Zaha 4 years ago.

All Lamela is really good for is shutting up shop against bang average teams such a Newcastle , yes he has some ability and a good first touch but let's face it unless our big hitters are playing well which frees up some space for Lamela he is poor and would have been a disaster for the first 60 minutes against Newcastle , when you need a spark because your just not at it when has Lamela ever provided this ? Son does Dele does Kane does Erikssen does it, Lamela only shines when its easy.
Did pretty well against Juve and Chelsea away. Poch obviously uses him because he's a player that follows his instructions blindly. Someone like Dele has a certain amount of freedom which creates unpredictability. Never underestimate how useful a coach finds a player that does exactly what they are told. It's how Ferguson won titles with fraff. Lamela is Poch's boy.

Did pretty well against Juve and Chelsea away. Poch obviously uses him because he's a player that follows his instructions blindly. Someone like Dele has a certain amount of freedom which creates unpredictability. Never underestimate how useful a coach finds a player that does exactly what they are told. It's how Ferguson won titles with fraff. Lamela is Poch's boy.

Like it or not.... Stick Sissoko in that category too.

Ferguson would have outed Lamela years ago because he liked an attacking player with end product your kidding yourself if you think he'd have put up with Lamela for 5 years.

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni I don't understand how you can have so much against Son, but support Lamela at the same time. Son is streets ahead of Lamela, Lamela has done next to nothing here at Tottenham
The guy is a complete idiot whose love for Lamela is so off the scale that he resents anyone overtaking him in the pecking order.

Son - 30 PL goals
Lamela - 8 PL goals

He'll come up with some bull now about goals not being important to go with a disagree.

One scores PL goals, one doesnt
One scores goals when Kane's out, one doesnt
One scores goals in CL, one doesnt
One's got pace, one hasn't
One's 2 footed, one isn't
One can play up top on his own, one can't.

Go on MindBlown, top that lot. Any fule etc.

Ferguson would have outed Lamela years ago because he liked an attacking player with end product your kidding yourself if you think he'd have put up with Lamela for 5 years.

I think Ferguson would have found a place in his team for a hard working guy who plays for the team. I mean he kept Park Ji Sung and Anderson around for those very reasons. He may even have converted him into a deep central midfielder like he did with Anderson or others.

I always see people comparing Fergie and Poch too - strange as they're both so dissimilar in their style and winning mentality.

The guy is a complete idiot whose love for Lamela is so off the scale that he resents anyone overtaking him in the pecking order.

Son - 30 PL goals
Lamela - 8 PL goals

He'll come up with some bull now about goals not being important to go with a disagree.

One scores PL goals, one doesnt
One scores goals when Kane's out, one doesnt
One scores goals in CL, one doesnt
One's got pace, one hasn't
One's 2 footed, one isn't
One can play up top on his own, one can't.

Go on MindBlown, top that lot. Any fule etc.
Son can also actually strike a ball without sliding into it. Every time Lamela shoots he slide tackles the ball

I think Ferguson would have found a place in his team for a hard working guy who plays for the team. I mean he kept Park Ji Sung and Anderson around for those very reasons. He may even have converted him into a deep central midfielder like he did with Anderson or others.

I always see people comparing Fergie and Poch too - strange as they're both so dissimilar in their style and winning mentality.

Park ji Sung or was it Ji Sung Park ? Anyways he was 5 times the player Lamela is Anderson was fucking awful so by that logic I can't really argue that it is possible he would have kept Lamela.

Back
Top Bottom