Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Modric isn't exactly Charles Atlas...

No point of comparing uncomparable.
Modric is 1,72 player with low center of gravity and very quick on the turn.
Lamela is 1,84 with much higher center of gravity and not quite as "swyfty"

It really is not the same to be shorter light-built player and rather longer light-built player.

Might be worth a shot. He seems bit more muscular since coming back, but to me the upper body strength is question for me. But maybe spending summer in the gym :lamelaaghh:?

I think his upper body strength is pathetic its a big reason he doesn't really cut it in the PL he certainly has the ability , not really his fault he looks like he works at it but his natural strength is just poor he gets knocked off the ball so easily. I can't see how he plays in the dembele role with no upper body strength and a tendency to dwell on the ball too Long.

I think his upper body strength is pathetic its a big reason he doesn't really cut it in the PL he certainly has the ability , not really his fault he looks like he works at it but his natural strength is just poor he gets knocked off the ball so easily. I can't see how he plays in the dembele role with no upper body strength and a tendency to dwell on the ball too Long.

Not saying Lamela would be a sure fire hit there but MD is more than a bit prone to dwelling on the ball... Esp. when off form.

If EL has the vision of pass it could in theory still work, but i too would worry more about the lack of space asking more of him in terms of strength.

Does intrigue me though (subject to the game/oppo)... He does tick a few boxes - Tenacity, good close controll/dribbling, can pick a pass....

Performances like his 15 mins last night make me wonder if he could drop back into the Dembele role, partly because I don't see a replacement target that gives me wood at the minute
Was thinking the same. Although others can play there, ( Dele etc they are needed further forward) Dembele & Winks who have both been injured are the only 2 who can create. Sissoko, Dier & Wanyama are not creative and really do we need all 3 as like last night when 2 played we were short on creativity. Lamela does not score enough to play further forward and gets stuck in which is a requirement of this position. Could try it out with Dier Sunday.

Was thinking the same. Although others can play there, ( Dele etc they are needed further forward) Dembele & Winks who have both been injured are the only 2 who can create. Sissoko, Dier & Wanyama are not creative and really do we need all 3 as like last night when 2 played we were short on creativity. Lamela does not score enough to play further forward and gets stuck in which is a requirement of this position. Could try it out with Dier Sunday.

Total non starter. Spacial awareness is highly important for a CM, knowing what's in front of them and behind them. It's what sepetated Winks and Bentaleb, Lamela is more akin to Bentaleb. And being two footed is also important. Lamela would be too easy to press and deposses because he will always tries uses his left foot and his actions would be predictable. Rather than endlessly trying to shoehorn in a player sometimes it better to just move them along.

If think it's become a point of principal now amongst some. They can't bear the thought of us selling him because they'll be proved wrong. It's kind of ridiculous. If we keep Lamela there's no room for another similar player like a Malcom, a player who could take us to another level.

If think it's become a point of principal now amongst some. They can't bear the thought of us selling him because they'll be proved wrong. It's kind of ridiculous.

It's us that will be proven wrong?

You really are shameless.

If we sell him this summer, it will be the 4th consecutive window you've said he'll be sold, would that make you proven right?

Let's go back to this classic post shall we...just to put you back in your box...

Wrong.

Poch: Lamela can get better - BeSoccer

Tottenham missed Lamela's energy - Poch

NW1 is wrong.

This is a beauty of a post. Not only is the injury fake, but POCH WAS GOING TO COME OUT IN A PRESS CONFERENCE throwing a player under the bus and that he must leave.

Hahahaha.

NW1 is wrong.

Erik Lamela starts for Spurs at Juventus, Leroy Sane returns to Manchester City bench at Basel

NW1 is wrong.

Lamela stays and Poch reiterates Lamela is intergral part of Spurs.

Shock horror. NW1 is wrong again.

Another 5 star post. MAY NEVER PLAY FOR SPURS AGAIN!

Hahahahaha.

NW1 wrong again. Who's keeping count?

ROSS BARKLEY WAS A THREAT TO ERIK LAMELA AT SPURS!!

A fresh angle for NW1 to, you guessed it, be wrong.

Lol.

Pochettino lauds Lamela comeback - FOX Sports Asia

More wrong.

And yet, here we are, Lamela has stayed. Not only that, has been a mainstay in matchday squads since his return and trusted to start in the Prem and CL.

How many times can one person be wrong before it hits home? We continue...

NOT EVEN AT THE TRAINING GROUND!!!!

A new depth of wrong from NW1.

When will this wrong end?!

Demanding apologies if Lamela was sold. Anyone get an apology when he stayed? Nah, just persevered in the wrong.

giphy.gif

Oh yes, WE are the fantasists.

Yet here we are, and so is Erik Lamela.

I have followed Lamela to his new club. It's called Tottenham Hotspur. How fortunate.

ROSS BARKLEY!!!

I'm 10 minutes in and getting bored now.

Is it Groundhog Day?

Not only has he doubled down on Lamela. He's then thrown Spurs under the bus. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE SPURS GET TOP 4 THIS SEASON.

Double double wrong wrong.

Another new angle. Poch was apparently only playing a ''weaker'' player to showcase him to sell. Result? Lamela stays and is added to CL squad.

No, no. You're very level headed when it comes to Lamela. The epitome of fair.

I won the bet. You wre wrong again.

Were you proven right? Or are will still waiting for the sunshine?!

Textbook. When proved wrong over and over, just keep moving the goalposts until something sticks and you can boast.

Where have we heard this before?

Lamela features in every game of the CL since added to the squad. Starting at the first opportunity.

Not only did he make the bench, he started.

So much wrong.

Erik Lamela starts for Spurs at Juventus, Leroy Sane returns to Manchester City bench at Basel

Lamela starts against Juventus. Have you considered a career as fortune teller?

As for avoiding referencing Lamela...I think you should take your own advice.

Lol. I think right and wrong are quite obvious in this case.

giphy.gif

Honestly mate, it's just best you put this whole debacle behind you and take your own advice and shut the fuck up about Lamela. It's a fucking embarrassment and such a bore to read over and over and over and over and fucking over.

You were wrong, a lot. Accept it and move on.

Erik Lamela 12 - 0 NW1Spur.

But it's us that are ridiculous and gonna be proven wrong?

It's us that will be proven wrong?

You really are shameless.

If we sell him this summer, it will be the 4th consecutive window you've said he'll be sold, would that make you proven right?

Let's go back to this classic post shall we...just to put you back in your box...

Erik Lamela 12 - 0 NW1Spur.

But it's us that are ridiculous and gonna be proven wrong?

You're just proving the point. There isn't a rational debate to be had anymore about Lamela.

And whose fault is that?

You want rational? Yet said he'd be banned from the training ground.

Honestly lad, you're a shambles.

If you read between the lines you'll find the underlying meaning of what I actually said, and that is that I think he'll be sold in the first window that he's sellable. I.e. This window, because he's been either injured or still coming back from being injured in the three previous transfer windows, so therefore was not sellable.

Anyway, let's try to get it back to a football. I want you to try and make a case why he should remain and not be upgraded, and I will make one why he should.

If you read between the lines you'll find the underlying meaning of what I actually said, and that is that I think he'll be sold in the first window that he's sellable. I.e. This window, because he's been either injured or still coming back from being injured in the three previous transfer windows, so therefore was not sellable.
You're such a liar.

That's not what you said. You said outrightly he'd be sold in those windows. If you meant different why did you say he wouldn't seen in a Spurs shirt again or at the training ground?

You're such a liar.

That's not what you said. Don't make me go find your posts and expose you.

Listen - and I've got a feeling this happens a lot with you - you know when you ask a girl out on a date and she says "Sorry, I can't, I'm rearranging my sock drawer" she isn't actually doing that, she's telling you she's not interested. That's "reading between the lines" as opposed to reading and quoting someone literally.

So, stop ducking the issue, and make the football case for Lamela.

Son or Lamela ? No. It’s Son AND Lamela. You keep them both and rotate.

Last night a great example as to why. Son was SHIT. Lamela was great. Some weeks it will be other way around. What you don’t want is Lamela or Son & no pressure on them.

Son or Lamela ? No. It’s Son AND Lamela. You keep them both and rotate.

Last night a great example as to why. Son was SHIT. Lamela was great. Some weeks it will be other way around. What you don’t want is Lamela or Son & no pressure on them.

Totally different game situation. Newcastle were seeking an equaliser and pushed a lot of players forward, hence acres of space. Son has come on in situations like that and caused mayhem, scored goals and sown games up.

The biggest test is the ability to affect the game when we're level or behind. Son scores bucket loads of opening and equalising goals and creates things out of nothing by taking people on, getting crosses in and drawing fouls. Dele and Eriksen the same.

I'm pretty sure Lamela has not managed to score or create more than 5 league goals in open play before the 60th minute in his entire time at Spurs. That's a daming inditment of his ineffectiveness.

People often compare him with Son but overlook the fact he doesn't get anywhere near challenging Dele or Eriksen for a place. We need a player to push them more. Dele went through a difficult spell but he didn't get dropped because there was no better option, and we need alternatives to him and Eriksen.

Does intrigue me though (subject to the game/oppo)... He does tick a few boxes - Tenacity, good close controll/dribbling, can pick a pass....

Against a smaller side, like the midfields that Swansea has been putting out, I think he'd do just fine in CM. Definitely not a holding midfielder though. Not sure why we would need to worry about that as we already have plenty of holding CM types to play alongside him. I hope we'd explore the option before we let him go though, there is definitely a lot of skill in there- just not for scoring goals unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom