Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant understand all the applause for Lamellas at times idiocy . It's all very well going around leaving elbows and late tackles in on people but one day it will catch up with him. The last thing you need is a stupid red card in a game you have to min. I am not saying he can't go in hard but he was very lucky not to get sent off against Chelsea as was Vertonghon. A good win for Spurs but thuggery in the end will cost him and the team
Yeah there is that way of looking at it .... for me though the only thing that pisses me off is everytime he fucks over fabregas or wheel chair I have to knock down the old statue on the driveway and build an even bigger monument to the fucking legend

:lamelaaghh::dembelefingers:

Cant understand all the applause for Lamellas at times idiocy . It's all very well going around leaving elbows and late tackles in on people but one day it will catch up with him. The last thing you need is a stupid red card in a game you have to min. I am not saying he can't go in hard but he was very lucky not to get sent off against Chelsea as was Vertonghon. A good win for Spurs but thuggery in the end will cost him and the team
Yep those red cards he racks up have been a major concern. Has he even been suspended for getting more than 5 yellows?

Yep those red cards he racks up have been a major concern. Has he even been suspended for getting more than 5 yellows?
No I don't think he has but you know how it is. When you least need it he will be sent off at a critical stage in a big game. Referees are not stupid and also watch games on TV. They also probably make mental notes of who they need to keep an eye on

No I don't think he has but you know how it is. When you least need it he will be sent off at a critical stage in a big game. Referees are not stupid and also watch games on TV. They also probably make mental notes of who they need to keep an eye on

He's been doing it for 3 years

Sorry fella that is utter bollocks. "When you least need it he will be sent off" What? Utterly baseless and complete fantasy comment.

Why don't you say that about Jan, who's been sent off and picked up (I think) two suspensions for racking up more than 5 yellows? Do you say the same about Rose, who's picked up more yellows and like Jan has been suspended, same with Dier. What about Sissoko, he's been red carded.

These just our players what about Auguero he's picks up at least one red card per season for most of his career, yet NEVER is he associated with being a dirty player when actually he's been pinged for throwing elbows in the faces of more than one player, gone air borne on at least two tackles on Luiz.

Lamela is the epitome of a Poch player, aggressive, never backs down, in your face, never hides player. He is the main reason this side is no longer a soft touch. The fact he's never been red carded is proof he knows exactly what he's doing. I adore him all the more for this.

Fair enough you know him a lot better than I do. He won't get away with it forever. Bear that in mind the next time he kicks someone up the arse
If you look at some our teams of the past we've had a reputation as being soft.

Ref. the famous SAF quote about us.

That just had to change, and it has. Quite perversely, by being a soft team we get less protection from the referee. When one team dominates physically and mentally that domination can also spread to the officials. They find it harder to stand up to the aggressors than they do more compliant players.

This is not makey up stuff, you see it in other team sports.

There's a fine line before you go over the top, but there's no way you can just sit back and allow the Costas, Fibreglasses, Wheelchairs etc. to run about all elbows and kicks and not offer up your own form of discipline.

Edit grammar

Last edited:
NW1, superstaryid

200w.gif

Lamela starting in a crucial match for our chase for 2nd.

#neverplayingforspursagain.

:pochlol:

Brilliant. Well done. Brownie points. I'd rather win games personally. We're the fourth best team at the mo and if we don't upgrade on Lamela we'll struggle to be that next season. He's been here 5 seasons but I doubt he's scored or assisted 5 times in the first half of PL games in that time. In what universe is that good enough? Only really becomes an attacking influence in the later stages of games.

Poch has given him a fair chance but surely today must have made his mind up that we need an upgrade.

Brilliant. Well done. Brownie points. I'd rather win games personally. We're the fourth best team at the mo and if we don't upgrade on Lamela we'll struggle to be that next season. He's been here 5 seasons but I doubt he's scored or assisted 5 times in the first half of PL games in that time. In what universe is that good enough? Only really becomes an attacking influence in the later stages of games.

Poch has given him a fair chance but surely today must have made his mind up that we need an upgrade.
Some of the shit you say is so humourous that you can only be trolling by intentionally making a caricature of yourself. You doubt he’s scored or assisted 5 times in the 1st half of PL games? Harry Kane doesn’t score in August either. Fucks sake, it’s comical the lengths you’ll go to to qualify a narrow scope of failure to “prove” how shit Lamela is.

Look mate, he’s gonna be here next season, playing in the new stadium. You and John Thomas John Thomas should go on a tour together. #notonebrick #lamelasold #cuntsontour2018

Fuck off.

I really hope we can try him out alongside Dembele, Dier, or Wanyama in CM. He's defensively committed and capable, and very good in possession. His composure in front of goal though seems to just be slowly decaying as time goes on. Right now, I feel badly that Lucas is not getting more minutes while Lamela occupies an attacking spot up front.

Back
Top Bottom