Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A bit annoyed PSG have gone out. Emery will be sacked now.. and I know Poch loves Spurs and wants to win something with us. I just don’t like all the media attention it suddenly gets.

TBH, I think Madrid winning was ideal as that is the ONLY job I would be worried about Poch leaving for. So hopefully Madrid go on in the Champs League and Zidane is safe for a while.

I have no worries about Poch leaving. He is a loyal man who will want to see the job through. Do worry about Toby going and also worry that Rose won't leave (sorry lost it with him now).

I have no worries about Poch leaving. He is a loyal man who will want to see the job through. Do worry about Toby going and also worry that Rose won't leave (sorry lost it with him now).

I reckon Toby will sign a new deal. What Poch has done with him is absolute warranted, and Toby will thank him come the World Cup.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kane, Eriksen, Son, Vertonghen, Alderweirled and Dele all sign new deals.

Facing the hard teams has given us a steel that will come into play in the next round if you get there.
I dont mind playing the hard teams. This is what the CL is all about, but the draws the others sides have gotten are cake walks in comparison. Other than Chelsea this leg, it’d be nice to see other sides get properly tested.

If we get into the next round (we'll have a real test tonight), I hope we get Liverpool. I /so much/ want us to knock them out after all that shitfest last time we played them. Can't stand those fucking cunts and it would be soooo tasty to do them again.

Last season we made just over €43mil and didn't get out of the group. Guaranteed €6m more as R16 participants and earned just over €3m extra in performance bonuses. Remains to be seen what the Market pool will be but €52mil+ should come into the club.

If we can regularly make CL football in these first few seasons with a new stadium it'll make a big difference.

While the loss last night sucked we can be proud of our boys. This was a hell of an adventure and we showed that we can compete at this level.

Now we focus on turning this into a positive. Full focus on league and cup now. A fully rested squad for each league game now.

Tottenham til I die

3794738-7745419906-Aband.gif

Not sure how much this has improved our co efficient as we need to get into the 2nd tier to save getting 2 tough opponents in the group stage if we qualify next season. Whilst some supporters love playing the tough teams it is better to get through and only having 1 tough team is an advantage that other English teams have over us.

Not sure how much this has improved our co efficient as we need to get into the 2nd tier to save getting 2 tough opponents in the group stage if we qualify next season. Whilst some supporters love playing the tough teams it is better to get through and only having 1 tough team is an advantage that other English teams have over us.
Weird thing to say after we beat 2 tough teams easily in the group this year. Was far greater motivation having them in our group than the shite we had last year.

I'm not sure how having an apparently easy group had any bearing on what clubs the other English teams drew in the round of 16. There was a fairly even spread of the best teams across those that finished 1st and 2nd in their groups, so it's really just luck of the draw.

1. Juventus are an incredible side, lets not forget that this wasn't a Basel or similar knocking us out.
2. We lack the "solid" nature of European teams, yes they hacked us to shit, and Burgerzahli should have seen red for the stamp, but Chillieni/Buffon & co were non stop shouting at each other, celebrating defending, carrying the rest of the team. Most of their team challenge everything, with that bit extra, only really Dele and maybe Jan have that nasty streak, you know leave a bit extra in the challenges...
3. Lets not forget how we did in the CL last season.....and that was playing mid-rate European sides
4. This season we beat 2nd best German team, 2nd best Spanish team, and lost narrowly to the best Italian side.
5. That is exactly how we will do better in the CL in the future, this is the first proper experience gained in the CL after being shite last season.
6. Son is a brilliant player
7. we have to keep top 4 and go again next season, if we miss CL next year point 8 becomes difficult
8. we have to keep our players, otherwise starting over, gaining that experience again in the CL starts again at square 1
9. The atmosphere was amazing for Wembley, imagine that at the Lane, we need CL again next season, Badly!
10. Lets break the fucking Spurs bottlers (not that i consider this a bottle), trophy less bullshit and win the fucking FA Cup.

also...
lets not forget we are still CL new boys.
The classic "top 4" have been almost ever present in the CL for 20 years, just 4 trophies between them in that time......in 2010/11 we were smashed by Madrid, last year we were terrible, this season we smashed the group and were very competitive against a "european giant" in Juventus.
if we are in the CL every season for the next 20 years and haven't won in then the term bottlers can be used.

Manchester City with all their billions took 4 attempts before they could get past the last 16 phase. Just a gentle reminder that Rome wasn't built in a day and were heading in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom