Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good effort & proud of our CL run this season. They just had more european know how & it showed in the end.

Last edited:
I am very glad we made our mark on this season's CL and very proud of the performance by the squad this season.

I just wonder how it would have turned out had Toby never gotten injured and been on top form.

I know you love a meaningless discussion, but you’re not seriously gonna pretend that Davies didn’t suck for the last 20-25 mins?
Whereas what, the rest of the team were football geniuses?

We were poor 2-11 in the second half, did neither one thing or the other. Didn't press them and didn't defend. They did both of those things and beat us

Extremely disappointing to go out like that, we are a better side than them but their experience/our lack of has got them through. You simply can't go to sleep like we did in that 5 minute spell against top European sides, to concede the second goal in the manner we did is hard to take. But we certainly weren't embarrassed and will only learn from this, hopefully this doesn't have a knock on effect for the rest of the season, we still have an F.A Cup to win. COYS

Done well to have got out of our group. Disappointing considering what a great position we got ourselves into, but they were a bit too streetwise . We’ve still got a bit to learn . Well done though boys .
Great post and spot on. Just a bit more streetwise when it mattered.

The changes by them worked so quickly we had little time to respond.

Check, check and before we blinked checkmate.

I am calm about it hecause if we beat Bornemouth and then Swansea we have a great chance of success.

Gutted....their experience paid off in the end, but I'm proud of the lads.
We didn't sell out even with 1-0 lead, no busses and the respect they had for us was pretty telling.
We can call it lapses in concentration but so what, isn't every goal from a defensive point of view.

Glad I stayed out the thread during the game judging by one or two comments I've had the misfortune to read.

That's football, and if getting knocked out by Juve is this gutting, it shows just what kind of team we are.

Full strength in the FA Cup now please.

COYS
Good post Sammy.

They had quality where it counts. We pushed them very very close over the two matches.

Am more heart broken than I expected to be.

Great post and spot on. Just a bit more streetwise when it mattered.

The changes by them worked so quickly we had little time to respond.

Check, check and before we blinked checkmate.

I am calm about it hecause if we beat Bornemouth and then Swansea we have a great chance of success.
This obviously calls for an absolute killing of Bournemouth

Naivety and over-confidence cost us tonight. We played right into their hands. These cunts have done the same to better teams than us; we thought we could get through with energy and momentum, but against these lot you need steel and snide. We thought we were in control but they were just waiting for their chance, waiting for us to slow down, for less than just 5 minutes, and that's all they needed.

We have to be honest with ourselves, the quality was lacking a bit tonight. We have heart and industry, but there is still plenty of room to add quality. And we will need it, to go further next time.

Sickening though, after everything. But we have to somehow recover from this, and learn. That's been us in the last few years, every failure, a lesson; every setback, an opportunity. Responding to this and finishing the season well elsewhere, will make us stronger in the long run.

so so gutted. the pain will subside, but the disappointment will live on for a while. Like or not, Italian teams are very good at winning the dirty way. they were smart. we were slow.

Very disappointed with Dier. Very evident that he hasnt the composure for such nights just yet. Wanyama to come back in with a run of games. Got faith in the boys for the cup and a good run in for the league.

I'd imagine Poch will lay in to them a little as he was muttering to himself for most of the second half.

Its not easy being a Spurs, but by god I wouldnt want to be anything else

Really hard result to swallow as we did so well in the first half and the first leg.
Second half maybe Poch ordered the boys to play safe with possession or dunno but after their changes we didn't reply to that.
Seems like experience is very important after all.

FUUUUUUUUCK

Whereas what, the rest of the team were football geniuses?

We were poor 2-11 in the second half did neither one thing or the other. Didn't press them and didn't defend. They did both of those things and beat us

Why does it have to have a “whereas”?
It was said that Davies was poor after having made a lot of misplaced passes and having cost goal(s)..
Someone says “really?”

Huh?

Back
Top Bottom