Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He just oozes class and elegance.

If you can't appreciate a player like him then you know fuck all about football.

So glad he’s back and playing well.

It’ll be interesting to see if he gets much game time with Luca Moura. I know they play a similar role, but Lamela behind Kane with Luca Moura on the right would be a sight to behold.

Missed this guys work and desire to get on the ball
Desire to take the ball in that tight pockets central rather than the play flattening out going wide

Too many players don't ask for the ball because they're marked ... Eric trusts his ability and Im staring to trust it also

Going to be interesting that competition for those attacking positions

My avatar is from my youngest son's first trip to WHL. It was late 2015 and we were playing Monaco in the EL. Lamela scored a hat trick in our 4-1 win and my boy was waxing lyrical about him all the way home (which, given we live in Suffolk, ended up being a lot of lyricising!). Any parent will know that their kid's enthusiasm is infectious and I've been a big fan of Lamela ever since.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm really pleased to see him back.

I have no problem giving the ball away when trying to thread through the eye of a needle... only need one of those to come off and it's a goal scoring opportunity. Giving it away needlessly in the middle of the park is a different matter.

EXACTLY THIS !!!

I think in this sense we play too safe at times. We go back when there is something in the way. Coco tries still to find a pass. And if it comes off, it creates danger. I don't care if once for every 3 attempts it fails, in the instances where it comes off it helps us crack the defence.

In some sense Son and Lamela offer similar things but in different method. They are both venturous and take bit more risks than others. But Son usually dribbles and tries to go through some defenders with a ball while Coco is looking for a pass between the defenders. Against parked busses we really need such attitude!

Hope he gets to full sharpness and helps us to go far in CL and FA + help us finish high in EPL table :) !

Lamella looks up for it regardless if it's Brazil or Basingstoke – something we've missed. It's funny out of all the players that might leave, I would be most upset if he leaves (expect Harry and a couple of others). He just seems a Spurs type of player, passionate, hard working and skillful... I would like him to be around for a long time.

He still has shades of early Ronaldo about him (running down blind alleys doing step-overs for no reason) but he's looking better. Just being a bit more direct and releasing the ball earlier would be nice.

Think the best thing about the Moura signing is that it allows Lamela to play a #10 role.

He’s the perfect player to come off the bench if we need a creative spark or give Chris a rest.

I was impressed with his battling. Some of his tackles were spot on and in a packed stadium, in a big game, it will be that kind of attitude that gets the fans right behind the team. In yesterday's game they earned a small smattering of applause... lol

Think the best thing about the Moura signing is that it allows Lamela to play a #10 role.

He’s the perfect player to come off the bench if we need a creative spark or give Chris a rest.

I've always felt he seemed more suited to playing centrally for us as opposed to on the left/right wing.

How can anyone not like Lamela in the squad.
He gives 100%,
He moves the ball quickly.
Will always see the pass. If he has it and you’re open he’ll usually find you
Is good at passing
Passes and moves for the return
Plays one touch football
Always gets into great positions

He is one footed

But I’ve noticed he’s even using his right foot more to shoot and pass.
He does find it difficult if nobody is showing for a pass. Hangs onto it and sometimes runs into a dead end.
Not all his fault.
He needs to score more, to be more direct. which he seems intent on doing.
Maybe not super world class but he’s not complete crap as most are saying.
Kids a winner and he believes.

There’s something that’s changed in him. He just looks and feels different to me.
Maybe it’s the career threatening injury, his brothers accident and fatherhood that have changed him.
Don’t know if I’m the only one who sees it in his body language?

I love watching Erik in full flight, glad he is getting some game time, easily our best player yesterday. I was miffed to see the press headlining that it was his first goal in 17 months..... the idiots didn't always mention that he had been out for over a year, or if they did, it was in the small print.

Am I the only one that thinks he should have a part to play on Saturday? Him and eriksen feeding Kane has got to mean goals. I know it was only Newport but his technique and passing were some of the best I've seen in ages.

He also really helps us press from the front effectively, which will be important against their shakey defence.

Just a thought. . . :lamelaaghh:

Am I the only one that thinks he should have a part to play on Saturday? Him and eriksen feeding Kane has got to mean goals. I know it was only Newport but his technique and passing were some of the best I've seen in ages.

He also really helps us press from the front effectively, which will be important against their shakey defence.

Just a thought. . . :lamelaaghh:

Who do you drop for him though? That's the killer question

Back
Top Bottom