Tottenham's 17/18 Champions league campaign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree he's not ready and wouldn't have played, but will Lamela? We've got approaching a fully fit squad now and with Lucas on board is Lamela even making the bench with Toby, Rose and Winks imminently returning? I can't see it. Maybe this weekend, he'll play in cup of course but it'll get tougher there on in. There's a case also for Alderweireld not going straight back into the team given of his refusal to sign a contract because Sanchez is the future and we want him playing and developing. We can't win the league or probably the CL this season but next season we could.

Just let it go chap.

and%2Bfighting%2Ba%2Blosing%2Bbattle%2Bhere.gif

hey guys

i got a question, do you know if it will be possible to buy a ticket for our home game against juventus, unless you´re not a member or season ticket holder? And also from which date would it be possible
thanks a lot
schmax

I don't think that's really true. We've been excellent in defense over the last couple of seasons. This season hasn't been our best but we've had the best CB in the league our injured for ages. But he is now back. Plus we've had the best CDM in the league (in my opinion at least) out injured too, and he is now back too. So they're going to find it much tough than they think. Like us they are a very good side all over the pitch so it'll be a great couple of games I think.

We are also able to defend from the front very effectively, and we do that more against better teams. It seems to me like Lippi only watched one game of ours which was the one against Liverpool and thinks that's the norm, gifting a goal. He'd be wrong though.

See that Serie A managed to get their Champions League team an extra days rest before the Spurs game .... won't do them any good but I do wish the EPL would show the same bias ......

Mildly worried by City and Pool pumping Basel and Porto, feel like we would have made those games hard work. Said it before but the only teams I’m afraid of are the other English teams...and Messi. Otherwise think we’re capable of slinging one up anyone in Europe

Mildly worried by City and Pool pumping Basel and Porto, feel like we would have made those games hard work. Said it before but the only teams I’m afraid of are the other English teams...and Messi. Otherwise think we’re capable of slinging one up anyone in Europe

I think CL we are a different kettle of fish.
I truly believe that we can win it, and evidently so does the club.

Pool, Chelsea and Utd would all be knocked out by now had they been given the fixtures we've had.
City I don't particularly want, but like I said, gloves off in Europe.

I totally agree we wouldn't have beaten Basle or Porto that emphatically away though, saying that.

Until they introduce a rule where goal difference from previous games has some baring on knockout matches it's irrelevant.

Pool, Chelsea and Utd would all be knocked out by now had they been given the fixtures we've had.

I totally agree we wouldn't have beaten Basle or Porto that emphatically away though, saying that.

I hope he stays that if we go through, we get Woolwich in the next round..................:sonpoint:

Totally agree with this, there's a lot of flat track bullying going on. When Pool, Chelsea and Utd meet a decent team they will struggle. We haven't struggled so far. If/when we get past Juve I want us to play Barca or Bayern and then smash a PL team in the semis/final. And we fucking could ya know! and even if we don't we are still a properly good team, a team that I am fuckin proud to support.

Last edited:
Totally agree with this, there's a lot of flat track bullying going on. When Pool, Chelsea and Utd meet a decent team they will struggle. We haven't struggled so far. If/when we get past Juve I want us to play Barca or Bayern and then smash a PL team in the semis/final. And we fucking could ya know! and even if we don't we are still a properly good team, a team that I am fuckin proud to support.

Liverpool will go out to the first decent team they play. They had the easiest group (and only qualified in the last match) and drew arguably the worst team in the last 16. They haven’t been tested yet - we have. I’d like to play them at some point - we’re due an easy draw.

Back
Top Bottom